The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Is it?

I’m far from convinced but going to see how the rest of the season pans out, which is what I hope the board do as well! 

On 27/02/2022 at 18:06, Springfield said:

Someone mentioned earlier that the BOD face a crucial three months, have they really? I’ve just listened to MRs last few post match interviews, and really struggling by his assessments. Has he been told he’s got the gig anyway? Can’t make my up mind up if he's super confident or completely out of touch? 

The statement released more or less confirms that the first part of this earlier post seems to be on the money. 
Seriously hoping that R&M know that we’re critically short of players in four/five key areas, and as a recent post suggests he knows that but can’t broadcast.(if true)
I can see where the BOD are coming from in terms of stability, but FFS and by their own admittance next year is likely to be the most important in our history either promotion or wind up notice.

( for the record stick the stats/points analysis where the sun doesn’t shine) a win is three points which we’ve been desperately short of over this season so far) 

I'm sure the guys are working hard but it's just more of the same to me.  Aim is still for promotion. Got about as much chance of winning promotion as I have Mr bloody universe. Bumming up results that although not as bad as at the very end of Sheerins reign are on pretty much a par with the rest of it despite 6 new players and a good wad of those reserves being spent on Griffith's. If we end up 5th it's been a complete waste of money. Finally the annual give us your cash push on the promise that things will get better that we've been getting every season for about 5 years.  Just get a team on the park that can at least beat Peterhead FFS.

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

I didn't read that re Rennie from the message. But we're going to have to double down on a coaching team at some stage. I've more confidence in Rennie than any of his predecessors since Houston, so hope that bears out. 

On finances, I thought it was quite transparent. We don't have saleable players or any more add-ons, and we can't bank on a cup run to plug the built-in several hundred grand operating loss we've faced for a decade or more. The cash cushion will be gone by the end of the season. QoS, Morton and Raith all own their own grounds and get much more SPFL baksheesh than we do, including the scandalous £500k covid payment. We pay hefty overheads for our stadium.

I'd say this is last chance saloon. Fans are in charge, formally not coincidentally.  It needs to work or we can just call in the dodgy agents, sockless Walter Mittys and unfit improper ex-multi club owners. 

When are the FSS Director nominations due to be confirmed?

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The statement released more or less confirms that the first part of this earlier post seems to be on the money. 
Seriously hoping that R&M know that we’re critically short of players in four/five key areas, and as a recent post suggests he knows that but can’t broadcast.(if true)
I can see where the BOD are coming from in terms of stability, but FFS and by their own admittance next year is likely to be the most important in our history either promotion or wind up notice.

( for the record stick the stats/points analysis where the sun doesn’t shine) a win is three points which we’ve been desperately short of over this season so far) 

What do we do next season when we are still stuck with Holt’s dross and that takes up a big slug of the budget we have? Pretty sure we have 12 or so under contract? 

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sure the guys are working hard but it's just more of the same to me.  Aim is still for promotion. Got about as much chance of winning promotion as I have Mr bloody universe. Bumming up results that although not as bad as at the very end of Sheerins reign are on pretty much a par with the rest of it despite 6 new players and a good wad of those reserves being spent on Griffith's. If we end up 5th it's been a complete waste of money. Finally the annual give us your cash push on the promise that things will get better that we've been getting every season for about 5 years.  Just get a team on the park that can at least beat Peterhead FFS.

'And to think that we could have signed a proven premier league goal scorer and Scotland international. That would have shown real ambition and would have given us a real shot at promotion'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Shadwell would be saying if we finish 5th and hadn't signed Griffiths!

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

I didn't read that re Rennie from the message. But we're going to have to double down on a coaching team at some stage. I've more confidence in Rennie than any of his predecessors since Houston, so hope that bears out. 

On finances, I thought it was quite transparent. We don't have saleable players or any more add-ons, and we can't bank on a cup run to plug the built-in several hundred grand operating loss we've faced for a decade or more. The cash cushion will be gone by the end of the season. QoS, Morton and Raith all own their own grounds and get much more SPFL baksheesh than we do, including the scandalous £500k covid payment. We pay hefty overheads for our stadium.

I'd say this is last chance saloon. Fans are in charge, formally not coincidentally.  It needs to work or we can just call in the dodgy agents, sockless Walter Mittys and unfit improper ex-multi club owners. 

Raith own nowt, they are Scottish Footballs biggest basket case

Edited by NUMBER 7

'Coveted' playoff spot...hmm

Very much a mixed bag with that statement. Overall positive with some really welcome updates and some nonsensical turd polishing.

Have to think though that if we start next season with Rennie still here we're fucked. Not sure they understand that

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Based on what exactly?

Hartley and McKinnon had far better pedigrees than Rennie for example. 

😂 neither Hartley and especially McKinnon have as good CV as Rennie. Neither have worked at a level anything like the MLS. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

'And to think that we could have signed a proven premier league goal scorer and Scotland international. That would have shown real ambition and would have given us a real shot at promotion'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Shadwell would be saying if we finish 5th and hadn't signed Griffiths!

No point signing Griffiths and failing to strengthen the other areas of the side enough. If we pump 1500 a week on a player and end up outside the top 4 then that is wasting money it's as simple as that especially when he you think of the kind of wages the players at the likes of Montrose will be on.  I doubt whoever's manager next season will have the same luxury of having that kind of cash to spend on an individual player so it has to be seen to achieve some level of success surely.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest TedCrilly
19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

😂 neither Hartley and especially McKinnon have as good CV as Rennie. Neither have worked at a level anything like the MLS. 

When you include Hartley’s playing career with his managerial promotions with Alloa, Dundee and soon to be Cove I’d say he has a better pedigree within the game than Rennie. Difficult to compare though. McKinnon is wild.

Edited by TedCrilly

7 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

When you include Hartley’s playing career with his managerial promotions with Alloa, Dundee and soon to be Cove I’d say he has a better pedigree within the game than Rennie. Difficult to compare though. McKinnon is wild.

Has anyone who has coached in the MLS ever  gone on to be a successful coach in the UK?  Remember Bob Bradley lasting about 3 months at Swansea. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I fail to see anything about Rennie that inspires confidence. We had this pish at the start 'Finally we have the right man for the job', 'Great appointment' etc. That was based on f**k all really but a total 'cross fingers and hope for the best'. 

I totally got that as Sheerin was such a clown it was hard not to feel optimistic at any other appointment. 

But at what point does the Emperor's New Clothes pish disappear? Is it that we just keep repeating that Rennie is doing well and hope that no one doesn't buy it? He's clueless. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rennie managed 2 seasons in the MLS finishing 5th and 7th in a 9 team league. Is the standard really better than the Scottish Premiership?

He done very well to manage there but it’s hardly a who’s who of the World’s most successful coaches. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

What do we do next season when we are still stuck with Holt’s dross and that takes up a big slug of the budget we have? Pretty sure we have 12 or so under contract? 

I’d be astonished if most contracts dished out by the previous incumbents are not heavily weighted/caveated on promotion this year, and failure would see these ripped up, or at least re-negotiated. 

I sincerely hope that we’re getting rid of at least half the shite we suffered for so long, and if the BOD are to be taken seriously nothing less than a clear out will be acceptable.

The prospect of teams like EF PH taking the piss on our own turf is simply unacceptable.

Fans will back this club as long as they see it’s getting back on an even keel, this starts with a clear out. Anything else I suspect will see a massive drop in STs.

Where are the NB guys ? I’m sure there was a considerable amount of cash promised. Are these guys still around ? If there’s a time for support and further help/investment, one would guess it’s going to be in a couple of months time. 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’d be astonished if most contracts dished out by the previous incumbents are not heavily weighted/caveated on promotion this year, and failure would see these ripped up, or at least re-negotiated. 

I sincerely hope that we’re getting rid of at least half the shite we suffered for so long, and if the BOD are to be taken seriously nothing less than a clear out will be acceptable.

The prospect of teams like EF PH taking the piss on our own turf is simply unacceptable.

Fans will back this club as long as they see it’s getting back on an even keel, this starts with a clear out. Anything else I suspect will see a massive drop in STs.

Where are the NB guys ? I’m sure there was a considerable amount of cash promised. Are these guys still around ? If there’s a time for support and further help/investment, one would guess it’s going to be in a couple of months time. 

The boards statement today was obvious 'money is going to be tight and a hybrid fulltime / part time set up is on the cards if there is not an influx of funds from the fans. As you said unloading players on contract will bite into the player budget but it has to be done. Can the club buy out 12 players at say 15k each = 180k ? No. So its punting 6 or 7 and trying to offload the others on loan to take a % of the  wage bill is the most likely course of action. Plus on the management side of thing its not a matter of do Falkirk want Rennie / Miller. It's whether Rennie / Miller want their coaching CV trashed by having Falkirk on it there's a very good chance they will walk.

What a mess !