The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So we’re three points adrift of QP, add another point for GD. For me with nine to play games to go, QP can only throw this away.?

Feels like it although QP are no great team either. Always said a team that went on a run in this league would pull away. Unfortunately the best we’ve managed is 3 wins in a row and that was under Sheerin with Rennie still looking to achieve 2 wins in a row, so it’s not looking great. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Fellow Falkirk fans and posters,

Just woke up to the news that the rapist has re-signed for Clyde.

No matter how desperate we are for points and want to follow the club through thick and thin, please, don't go to Broadwood on Saturday. We would look like a bunch of hypocrites if we go.

So we’re three points adrift of QP, add another point for GD. For me with nine to play games to go, QP can only throw this away.?

That seems a bit extreme.
We need to gain one point on QP between now and the final game of the season then we play QP on the final day for the final play off place.
So it’s hardly nothing to play for even if we don’t look capable of improvement….

That seems a bit extreme.
We need to gain one point on QP between now and the final game of the season then we play QP on the final day for the final play off place.
So it’s hardly nothing to play for even if we don’t look capable of improvement….
This league has three slightly better than absolute pish teams and 7 totally pish teams of which we are in the latter Anything can and will happen

9 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Feels like it although QP are no great team either. Always said a team that went on a run in this league would pull away. Unfortunately the best we’ve managed is 3 wins in a row and that was under Sheerin with Rennie still looking to achieve 2 wins in a row, so it’s not looking great. 

That's the real frustrating part. Queen's aren't brilliant and will drop points. A better window again and 4th would have been comfortably achievable and then with some decent form going into the playoffs who knows. However, we can't even beat Peterhead and the idea of us hitting a real run of form is as far away as it was before we signed 6 new players.  Probably have the ignominy of the rapist putting our season to bed this weekend knowing us.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's the real frustrating part. Queen's aren't brilliant and will drop points. A better window again and 4th would have been comfortably achievable and then with some decent form going into the playoffs who knows. However, we can't even beat Peterhead and the idea of us hitting a real run of form is as far away as it was before we signed 6 new players.  Probably have the ignominy of the rapist putting our season to bed this weekend knowing us.

This games got this piece of shites name written all over it. There’s got to be a vast improvement on last week’s showing (shitefest for 80mins) if we’ve got any aspirations of this play off. 

I'm still sitting on the fence re Rennie. He has brought in some players better than what we had and shipped others out.  I'm not convinced about ATS or Jacobs though.

Speaking to one of the directors last week, the conversation alluded to the fact that Rennie knows (but can't publicly admit) our midfield has been rank rotten, but has been unable to get the players he identified for this problem area into the club. One player in particular was thought to be "in the door" but his parent club refused the move at the last minute (Liam Craig???)

Still hopeful that we get 4th place but time is running out. 

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I'm still sitting on the fence re Rennie. He has brought in some players better than what we had and shipped others out.  I'm not convinced about ATS or Jacobs though.

Speaking to one of the directors last week, the conversation alluded to the fact that Rennie knows (but can't publicly admit) our midfield has been rank rotten, but has been unable to get the players he identified for this problem area into the club. One player in particular was thought to be "in the door" but his parent club refused the move at the last minute (Liam Craig???)

Still hopeful that we get 4th place but time is running out. 

Heard this as well.

Quite like Jacobs though he had a poor game on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

However, we can't even beat Peterhead and the idea of us hitting a real run of form is as far away as it was before we signed 6 new players.  Probably have the ignominy of the rapist putting our season to bed this weekend knowing us.

Thing is, what is “form” for us? Is it beating Dumbarton 6-2 with the defensive frailties still very much in play, but not enough to do down the work of the forwards that day.

Is it the second half performance v Alloa where things were turned around dramatically after an eye wateringly bad first half?

Or is good form a sudden epiphany amongst those with defensive duties such that they no longer are collectively shambolic a la Keystone Cops. I really don’t know what good form looks like as we have had is a few great moments in a sea of turgid guff.

I still think we could be ok if we were defensively organised, but we are not. Just look at the video clips of this season. We have decent numbers back, but they are just numbers. No-one seems to be sure of where they should be, and what their job actually is……particularly the wing backs and defensive mid. 

17 hours ago, Springfield said:

More or less agree  (apart from ATS who is just completely shite)

Next four games seal our fate, contenders for fourth or season ends with five games to go and attendances hovering around 1500 at best.

Just put us out our misery imo.

Even if we sneak 4th there's nothing to suggest this team can overcome a Championship side then Aridrie/Montrose.

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

From that board update, sounds like they are planning for next season with Rennie in charge, regardless of what happens.

Very disappointing if that’s the case. It would be grossly premature to renew his contract at this stage.

It does look like that is what’s being set up with the talk of ‘significantly improved’ results.

I do think the implication in the statement of ‘give us your money or we’ll be part time next season’ is laying it on a bit thick.

There are significant cash reserves as of the last accounts and the claim that even a hybrid model would be unaffordable is odd when we have teams like QoS, Morton and Raith full time with a fraction of our support base.

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

From that board update, sounds like they are planning for next season with Rennie in charge, regardless of what happens.

Wouldn't make sense for them to write him off publicly with 9 games to go especially when we need him to get results or we won't make the playoffs for a second year running. I think he'll be well aware he still has a point to prove this season. 

The sooner Kabia & Morrison are back the better as against the teams above us in the league we can't afford to play with the five at the back, especially given how weak our midfield 3 options are.

Nice and transparent board update which is good, the only bit I didn't like was the lengthy bit at the start trying to convince us things have improved under Rennie when in reality we're still piss poor but obviously see the need in them trying to be positive.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Very disappointing if that’s the case. It would be grossly premature to renew his contract at this stage.

It does look like that is what’s being set up with the talk of ‘significantly improved’ results.

I do think the implication in the statement of ‘give us your money or we’ll be part time next season’ is laying it on a bit thick.

There are significant cash reserves as of the last accounts and the claim that even a hybrid model would be unaffordable is odd when we have teams like QoS, Morton and Raith full time with a fraction of our support base.

I didn't read that re Rennie from the message. But we're going to have to double down on a coaching team at some stage. I've more confidence in Rennie than any of his predecessors since Houston, so hope that bears out. 

On finances, I thought it was quite transparent. We don't have saleable players or any more add-ons, and we can't bank on a cup run to plug the built-in several hundred grand operating loss we've faced for a decade or more. The cash cushion will be gone by the end of the season. QoS, Morton and Raith all own their own grounds and get much more SPFL baksheesh than we do, including the scandalous £500k covid payment. We pay hefty overheads for our stadium.

I'd say this is last chance saloon. Fans are in charge, formally not coincidentally.  It needs to work or we can just call in the dodgy agents, sockless Walter Mittys and unfit improper ex-multi club owners. 

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We've played 11 games since he came in, won 4, drew 2 and lost 5.

Sheerin's final 11 games had us won 3, drew 3 and lost 5.

I'm not sure 14 points out of 11 games compared to 12 points out 11 games is "significantly improved".

Guest TedCrilly

Mixed emotions for me reading the statement; some of it very well written and completely transparent but a few howlers in there too. Trying to big up Rennie’s work is laughable. You can polish it up any way you like but he’s underperforming. We’ve added 6 new players plus the return of Anton Dowds yet are barely better than under Sheerin. Rennie has also had the luxury of offering a player the biggest wage since the Premier league days I’d assume.

Next season sounds massive for the heartbeat of the football club.

Guest Ecosse83

Too early to write off Rennie but also too early to give him the job for next season. 

Overall though a good statement. The new guys have to be applauded for that 👏

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We've played 11 games since he came in, won 4, drew 2 and lost 5.

Sheerin's final 11 games had us won 3, drew 3 and lost 5.

I'm not sure 14 points out of 11 games compared to 12 points out 11 games is "significantly improved".

Grab those 2 points with both hands. 

Us wee clubs need to be realistic 😁