The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Did you read what I wrote? How is that a fair comparison? It’s a completely different squad of players. M&M did okay when they came in because they did the simple thing most managers would do and made McManus their number one striker. 

Not sure what you think is a fair comparison then? The team were performing just as bad and the squad was equally as poor and they turned things around quickly. If it was achieved by employing simple measures then why hasn’t Rennie done the same?

Just seems like a lot of revisionism going here or people throwing out any form of comparison to mask the fact that Rennie so far has been a big disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Aye grim reading but on a positive note, Dixon, Miller and Telfer can go..constants in our demise over 3 years. Ta ta. 

Completely disagree on Telfer. He would definitely be an asset if he had the right players around him. I've seen folk suggesting he's lazy too which is utter bollocks, the boy runs his arse off.

Christ years of failure and ineptitude, Lex, Andy Thomson, Deans, PR Guru ' the fans will need to understand' , Craig Campbell, Lang, Hartley , McKinnon, relegation etc etc and that's what you chose to point your finger at? Utterly pathetic stuff. Unless of course your welded to one of the above then its no surprise.
Hes a Morton fan Syd

4 hours ago, champions said:

Apparently clyde have signed DG on loan?

Yes they have. Raith Rovers now effectively acting as his agent as they try to cut their losses, but they won’t cut them by much. Sadly, will be welcomed back with open arms. Nice timing for him to become discharged as a bankrupt so anything he earns from the Raith Rovers deal he can keep and not pay the woman a penny.

2 hours ago, cbhaf said:

100% this. Picture is from just before EF goal on Saturday and it's a common theme for the season, plenty bodies back but doing nothing useful.

Screenshot_20220301_161825_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

The same issue comes up repeatedly. There doesn’t seem to be any organisation or delegation of duties in the defence. McGuffie worked his socks off offensively, but if he is expected to be a wing back, for me, he is being set up to fail because he doesn’t have a defensive bone in his body.
He runs back, and that’s about it. He is not a defensive player.

The biggest issue at the back is one of organisation, delegation and discipline. It’s a coaching/training ground issue that doesn’t look as if it has been addressed properly despite bringing in three new players. I don’t know who is responsible for setting up our defence during training, but it’s a mile off the pace.

The thing for me was that in the 3-2 defeat at Airdrie, there actually seemed to be first sight of an emerging style of play….even though we were beaten, there was something hugely encouraging there. Then it simply evaporated, and hadn’t been seen since.

Even last Saturday, I have no doubt that LG had a “f**k that” moment, and decided he was taking the corner…..the guy who took almost all of Celtic’s corners because of his wicked delivery….the same delivery we saw last Saturday. Kenny Miller simply had to know how good Griffiths was at corner kicks.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It would be virtually impossible to bring in worse mind you. The problem is that kabia and hopefully in the long run Griffith's are the only two significantly better than the duds we have/had. Jacobs is another midget midfielder he's better than hetherington but nothing exactly to blow about that.  ATS is possibly better than hall although not by much . Watson is better than Mackay but Mackay still kept on getting a game for some incredible reason and the young boy at the back is a bit raw for me when your really needing a big physical brute to partner watson. Apart from up front we failed to solve the issues that we've had all season and that's why we're struggling when we come up against the better side.

More or less agree  (apart from ATS who is just completely shite)

Next four games seal our fate, contenders for fourth or season ends with five games to go and attendances hovering around 1500 at best.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

More or less agree  (apart from ATS who is just completely shite)

Next four games seal our fate, contenders for fourth or season ends with five games to go and attendances hovering around 1500 at best.

Season ends. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Season ends. 

Have to agree. You cant beat teams in the top half with that midfield- against us at the weekend we felt you looked like an U15  midfield team.

All your fans seem to recognise that and I cant simply believe you couldn't find better  in the loan market for a short 6 months spell. 

12 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

All your fans seem to recognise that and I cant simply believe you couldn't find better  in the loan market for a short 6 months spell. 

Apparently it was impossible to source anyone better....

How about comparing it to Miller and McCracken who were in a similar situation? They got 22 points from their first 10 games in charge. 

Rennie was hired for his ability to turn things around quickly and I think 10 games is plenty to judge him. Hopefully things will turn around but that won’t change the fact that it’s been a poor start and that bringing in an ex international striker may prove to be the difference between him and Sheerin. 
Rennie has the job of polishing the turd he was left with plus the odds and sods that were available during the window. A job no-one would relish

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
4 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:
How about comparing it to Miller and McCracken who were in a similar situation? They got 22 points from their first 10 games in charge. 

Rennie was hired for his ability to turn things around quickly and I think 10 games is plenty to judge him. Hopefully things will turn around but that won’t change the fact that it’s been a poor start and that bringing in an ex international striker may prove to be the difference between him and Sheerin. 

Rennie has the job of polishing the turd he was left with plus the odds and sods that were available during the window. A job no-one would relish

Never said it was easy but he was chosen for his ability to perform that task and so far being outperformed by M and M, who had an equal set of turds to polish. If we are being honest then I think everyone would have hoped for better than 14 points out of his first 30. 

Let’s not over complicate this with points per quarter etc. The facts are we are still slightly better than the pish below us and worse than the pish above us.

We may well improve in the last quarter of the season and I’m sure we all hope that happens but anyone suggesting there has been any sort of improvement up until now clearly have pals in the boardroom cos there is nothing to back that up  

Let’s see what the last quarter brings 🤞🏼

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

The way we were headed it would have been 4 points from 30. We had dropped off the cliff very quickly

Not entirely true. As I said before, Sheerin’s last 5 games he got 7 points as opposed to Rennie’s last 5 of 8. If not for 2 last minute goals then that would have been 6 from his last 5. We’ve remained in decline. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not entirely true. As I said before, Sheerin’s last 5 games he got 7 points as opposed to Rennie’s last 5 of 8. If not for 2 last minute goals then that would have been 6 from his last 5. We’ve remained in decline. 

So we’re three points adrift of QP, add another point for GD. For me with nine to play games to go, QP can only throw this away.?