The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Regardless of discrepancies in the PPG between the two managers, there is more that remains the same than is different.

We still cant lay a glove on teams above us, we havent climbed into the playoff places, we are still welded to a formation and a style regardless of how a game is unfolding.

0.25 ppg better off doesnt negate being in the same league position, with the same problems, and the same pish fitbaw on a Saturday.

It’s not even 0.25, it’s 0.025!

3 hours ago, cbhaf said:

The thing to remember is Gary Miller's versatility. He can be equally as shite at RB as he is CM 😬

I've fixed that for you.

It's another massive rebuild job in the summer so Rennie for me has the last 9 games to prove he deserves to be here next season. We've been playing just as bad under him as it was under Sheerin but as crazy as it is to say I actually think he's brought in better quality players. 

The playoffs are a lottery but given how we've performed against the teams above us this season even if we magically sneak into them there's no chance we'll go up. Especially with our midfield still being as piss poor as it is. 

Grim reading below.

Goalkeepers
Robbie Mutch - Out of contract
Paddy Martin - June 2023
Luke Holt - June 2023

Defenders
Paul Dixon - Out of contract
Blair Sneddon - June 2023
Ryan Williamson - June 2023
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024
Cammy Williamson - June 2023
Mackenzie Lemon - June 2023
Aaron Taylor Sinclair - Out of contract
Paul Watson - June 2023

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison - June 2024
Gary Miller - Out of contract
Steven Hetherington - June 2023
Aidan Nesbitt - June 2023
Charlie Telfer - Out of contract
Craig Mcguffie - June 2023
Seb Ross - June 2023
Ben Weekes - June 2023

Strikers
Leigh Griffiths - Out of contract
Anton Dowds - Out of contract
Jaime Wilson - June 2023
Samuel Ompreon - Out of contract

When Morrison's back fit for me we have to go to a 4 at the back. We're going to concede whether we play the 5 or not and the 4 at least allows us get players further up the park.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson Mccann
Jacobs
Morrison Telfer Mcguffie
Dowds Griffiths/Kabia

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've fixed that for you.

It's another massive rebuild job in the summer so Rennie for me has the last 9 games to prove he deserves to be here next season. We've been playing just as bad under him as it was under Sheerin but as crazy as it is to say I actually think he's brought in better quality players. 

The playoffs are a lottery but given how we've performed against the teams above us this season even if we magically sneak into them there's no chance we'll go up. Especially with our midfield still being as piss poor as it is. 

Grim reading below.

Goalkeepers
Paddy Martin - June 2023
Luke Holt - June 2023

Defenders
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024
Paul Watson - June 2023

Midfielders
Seb Ross - June 2023
Ben Weekes - June 2023

Strikers
Jaime Wilson - June 2023

All depends how the contracts are drawn up. Such as a get clause in the contract on a fixed sum should Falkirk not get promoted with our track  record I doubt it. Compensation to punt them would have to come out of the squad budget.

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

All depends how the contracts are drawn up. Such as a get clause in the contract on a fixed sum should Falkirk not get promoted with our track  record I doubt it. Compensation to punt them would have to come out of the squad budget.

It's Gary Holt we're talking about, incentive based probably means they all get a 5% wage increase for keeping us in league 1.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

How do you work that out?

Sheerin 22 points in 16 games= 1.375/game

Rennie 14 points in 10 games= 1.4/game

If Rennie was to continue in the same form then another 6 games would give him a total of 22.4 points which would be rounded to 22 points, the exact same as Sheerin!

What are the stats on Sheerin’s last 10 games before he was sacked? 

52 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're going to concede whether we play the 5 or not 

100% this. Picture is from just before EF goal on Saturday and it's a common theme for the season, plenty bodies back but doing nothing useful.

Screenshot_20220301_161825_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

19 minutes ago, cbhaf said:

100% this. Picture is from just before EF goal on Saturday and it's a common theme for the season, plenty bodies back but doing nothing useful.

From what I saw, Mills took the brunt of criticism for the loss of the goal on Saturday, as he didn't make the foul earlier in that passage-of-play. However, he did try and get something on the cross but got under it.

AT-S horribly out of position and Gary Miller still trying to get out of 1st gear and track EF runner.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

From what I saw, Mills took the brunt of criticism for the loss of the goal on Saturday, as he didn't make the foul earlier in that passage-of-play. However, he did try and get something on the cross but got under it.

AT-S horribly out of position and Gary Miller still trying to get out of 1st gear and track EF runner.

What about Williamson not tracking the guy who scored?  He isn’t even in the picture 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

What are the stats on Sheerin’s last 10 games before he was sacked? 

12 points from his last 10 league matches or if you want to pick his first 10 league matches it’s 14 in 10. 

If you want we can do their last 5 league matches instead- Sheerin 7, Rennie 8. Pick and choose whatever stats you like but the difference is hardly palpable and by your own admission, performances have been stinking. 

*Edited to change 11 points to 12 from Sheerin’s last 10 league matches

Edited by Caractacus Potts

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've fixed that for you.

Grim reading below.

Goalkeepers
Paddy Martin - June 2023
Luke Holt - June 2023

Defenders
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024
Paul Watson - June 2023

Midfielders
Seb Ross - June 2023
Ben Weekes - June 2023

Strikers
Jaime Wilson - June 2023

Aye grim reading but on a positive note, Dixon, Miller and Telfer can go..constants in our demise over 3 years. Ta ta. 

1 hour ago, cbhaf said:

Screenshot_20220301_161825_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

We started with a back 4 on Saturday.

34 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

11 points from his last 10 league matches or if you want to pick his first 10 league matches it’s 14 in 10. 

If you want we can do their last 5 league matches instead- Sheerin 7, Rennie 8. Pick and choose whatever stats you like but the difference is hardly palpable and by your own admission, performances have been stinking. 

There is a big difference to the comparisons though. Sheerin had a full pre season and time to pick the players he signed. Rennie had to take a team who’s confidence was shot and try and make something of it. 

I don’t like comparing straight stats as you’re not comparing apples with apples

I was impressed overall with Mills on Saturday. Yes, he's made two mistakes for the goal (actually should have won the ball back in the middle of the park as he had managed to get himself between the ball and EF player, then got caught underneath the cross) but ATS falling on his arse - not for the first time in the game - combined with Miller being too slow to get back meant Mills is left 2v1 in the middle.

Saying that, although Miller has gone charging in for a ball he can't win and might not be able to run but at least he tries to get back, unlike Jacobs. His lack of desire to do anything at all on Saturday was getting on my tits even more than Miller's performance.

1843860158_ScreenShot2022-03-01at17_44_18.thumb.png.75f2ad7c01ec5b317568e96ef660b920.png

12 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Aye grim reading but on a positive note, Dixon, Miller and Telfer can go..constants in our demise over 3 years. Ta ta. 

Lumping Telfer in with a 35 year old Dixon and a 34 (35 next month) year old Miller is extremely harsh imo. I would keep him next season but agree the other two are absolutely done and should never have been given the contract extensions they were.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've fixed that for you.

Grim reading below.

Goalkeepers
Paddy Martin - June 2023
Luke Holt - June 2023

Defenders
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024
Paul Watson - June 2023

Midfielders
Seb Ross - June 2023
Ben Weekes - June 2023

Strikers
Jaime Wilson - June 2023

It would be virtually impossible to bring in worse mind you. The problem is that kabia and hopefully in the long run Griffith's are the only two significantly better than the duds we have/had. Jacobs is another midget midfielder he's better than hetherington but nothing exactly to blow about that.  ATS is possibly better than hall although not by much . Watson is better than Mackay but Mackay still kept on getting a game for some incredible reason and the young boy at the back is a bit raw for me when your really needing a big physical brute to partner watson. Apart from up front we failed to solve the issues that we've had all season and that's why we're struggling when we come up against the better side.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Rocco said:

There is a big difference to the comparisons though. Sheerin had a full pre season and time to pick the players he signed. Rennie had to take a team who’s confidence was shot and try and make something of it. 

I don’t like comparing straight stats as you’re not comparing apples with apples

How about comparing it to Miller and McCracken who were in a similar situation? They got 22 points from their first 10 games in charge. 

Rennie was hired for his ability to turn things around quickly and I think 10 games is plenty to judge him. Hopefully things will turn around but that won’t change the fact that it’s been a poor start and that bringing in an ex international striker may prove to be the difference between him and Sheerin. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

40 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

11 points from his last 10 league matches or if you want to pick his first 10 league matches it’s 14 in 10. 

You're not taking the most relevant fact into account here though: Rennie was appointed by a board containing Back Post Misses' mates and Sheerin wasn't.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're not taking the most relevant fact into account here though: Rennie was appointed by a board containing Back Post Misses' mates and Sheerin wasn't.

Aye fair enough, bring back Deans and the other arseholes that ran the club into the ground.

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

How about comparing it to Miller and McCracken who were in a similar situation? They got 22 points from their first 10 games in charge. 

Rennie was hired for his ability to turn things around quickly and I think 10 games is plenty to judge him. Hopefully things will turn around but that won’t change the fact that it’s been a poor start and that bringing in an ex international striker that may prove to be the difference between him and Sheerin. 

Did you read what I wrote? How is that a fair comparison? It’s a completely different squad of players. M&M did okay when they came in because they did the simple thing most managers would do and made McManus their number one striker. 

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Christ years of failure and ineptitude, Lex, Andy Thomson, Deans, PR Guru ' the fans will need to understand' , Craig Campbell, Lang, Hartley , McKinnon, relegation etc etc and that's what you chose to point your finger at? Utterly pathetic stuff. Unless of course your welded to one of the above then its no surprise.