The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Not having this 2 year to get us going again. Get a decent manager that will sign decent players and that will get us going.  It’s not rocket science! 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Next season, and maybe even beyond. You can add Deans and his crew to the list. The mess this club has been left in can’t be under estimated imo. 

Tbf, and I’m not faulting you at all, but you are blindly loyal to Rennie and the new board.

Both will hopefully improve things over time but their starts have not been great.

I made a point of watching Griffiths closely yesterday. He is clearly unfit, overweight and well of the pace however it’s clear to see his touch and vision is miles ahead of anyone else in this whole league. If we can someone get him fit and focused, he’ll be frightening next season if he stays.

Even Hartley managed to lift the standard considerably with his first January window.  M&M too had more of an impact when they first came in than Rennie so far.  

I was in favour of the appointment and really want him to do well but you can't bring in 6 new players (including the most expensive signing in wage terms in years) and be happy with no (or minuscule) improvement.  

As others have said, if tactically he was showing he's in any way astute then he'd be buying himself more support.  Decisions like playing Gary Miller and dropping Kabia when firing don't suggest he knows what he's doing.  

Things need to improve quickly if he's going to have support to continue into next season.  What we're serving up won't do and that's important if we want to sell any season tickets in the summer.    

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf, and I’m not faulting you at all, but you are blindly loyal to Rennie and the new board.

Both will hopefully improve things over time but their starts have not been great.

I made a point of watching Griffiths closely yesterday. He is clearly unfit, overweight and well of the pace however it’s clear to see his touch and vision is miles ahead of anyone else in this whole league. If we can someone get him fit and focused, he’ll be frightening next season if he stays.

There's not a club in the country that could get Grittiths fit and focussed for next season.  We'll be his last club in football unless someone like Kelty chuck money at him in the summer.  

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Agree with all said, but I honestly think it’s a minimum of a two year get it right strategy. Whether the BOD goes with R&M remains to be seen. 

It's nonsense to say it's a 2 year or longer strategy as an excuse for sticking with mediocrity.  With that attitude we'd have never punted Sheerin & Holt.   Rennie isn't saying anything at the moment that they didn't with their Trust the Process bulls*t.  

On top of this, Rennie and Miller have only committed to the end of the season.  We 100% need to see improvement from them quickly as at this moment neither party is even committed to longer than end of May.   Talk of a 2 year process is mental while that's the case (and while we're failing to improve).  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

In his last 15 games Sheerin amassed 12 points. 
Rennie has had 9 games since the window opened and 14 points. 
I am not saying it is great far from it but results have improved. 
I will be like this IMO for the last 9 games, some good, some bad, some indifferent. This is not a 5 minute fix

MR spoke about gaining 14 points in Q3 though. That isn’t true. He has manipulated the numbers by adding a win from a Q2 game to pad out the results of “his” Q3, and he shouldn’t be getting involved in stuff like that.

His spin is based on:

Q1 9 games 14 points.

Q2 8 games 8 points.

Q3 10 games 14 points

That is patently not correct. The real points tally for the 9 Q2 games is 11 points. The real points tally for the 9 Q3 games is 11 points.

He is there til the end of the season at the very least……I have no issue with that, just as I no issue with the scale of the challenge he is faced with.

Trying to spin points gained in the manner he did yesterday was for me, pre-planned, and was 100% the wrong thing to try and do.
He cannot pluck out a win from a Q2 game (even if he was head coach for the game) and add it to 11 points gained from the 9 Q3 games.

I am not screaming for his head……..far from it, but fudging numbers and hoping no-one notices is a path he must not go down. It won’t end well. All he needed to say was Q3 results were stable, and now he hopes to push on and make Q4 the most successful period of the season.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Brian Rice seemed to do a pretty good Harry Potter impersonation at Alloa yesterday - he worked with the squad that he inherited and got a draw against the league leaders. It can be done. You're cutting the new board and Rennie far too much slack.

...and they were 2-0 up until they went down to 10 men with a sizeable chunk of the game left. Cove scored 2 relatively late goals against 10 men

So lets get thinking about a new coach then.

I would prefer someone who can motivate, sign the right players and has vast experience. Rather than the usual suspects I'd go for someone like Jocky Scott, or Blobby Williamson maybe. Mark McGhee will be available come the summer too come to think of it.

What suggestions do you all have?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I would prefer someone who can motivate, sign the right players and has vast experience. Rather than the usual suspects I'd go for someone like Jocky Scott, or Blobby Williamson maybe. Mark McGhee will be available come the summer too come to think of it.

Are you drunk?

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It would probably be a good idea to get the whole squad fit. Dowds came back fit and now blows out his arse after 60 minutes. There's something wrong with the training. 

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Not having this 2 year to get us going again. Get a decent manager that will sign decent players and that will get us going.  It’s not rocket science! 

Who wouldn’t want this “decent” manager. I’ve had my fill of Largs finest, up to their arses in badges and framed A4 pieces of shite to say they’ve headed a ball in a straight line and can operate a triangle etc.

There’s not one supporter that wouldn’t give all to see us with a decent manager and a decent squad and promotion this year but being honest it’s increasingly more like next season unless we hit an incredible patch of form which I can’t see with this lot:
We’re in such a Fckn mess and unless we can get someone with a wad of cash that would be able to clear the existing “couldn’t give a toss shitefest” can’t see us getting anywhere near where we need to be. 
Two managers that could do that would be Martindale and McCall. McCall I believe was approached by the club on more than one occasion ( not sure if this bod did) but politely told us no. Martindale seems to be a decent manager but he’s not giving up a SPL for a seaside league. 

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

It would probably be a good idea to get the whole squad fit. Dowds came back fit and now blows out his arse after 60 minutes. There's something wrong with the training. 

100% this. None of them look fit. The most a lot of them can muster is a jog, running through treacle. It’s embarrassing.

Edited by bairn88

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Simon Stainrod was clearly unfit, overweight and well of the pace but his skill and vision more than compensated I believe Griffiths can do the same. Just like Telfer to be effective they need the right players beside them.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I accept that but I want to see more, I think we are capable of more. 

I really don’t. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the squad is so much than people on here realise. The balance of the squad and team setup was all wrong from the start of the season. We lack strength, we lack height and we lack pace in forward positions. We’ll get more of the same till the end of the season. 

I wasn’t one of the people championing the new BOD when they were appointed, but I’m willing to give them the chance they deserve. For me they get a free pass till the end of the season as the damage was already done and nobody was going to recover it. The summer is where they will be tested and I can only hope they get it right, otherwise I dread to think what will happen to the club. 

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Mark McGhee will be lucky to get a point between now and the summer. Dundee appointing him was a horrendous decision.

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

I really don’t. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the squad is so much than people on here realise. The balance of the squad and team setup was all wrong from the start of the season. We lack strength, we lack height and we lack pace in forward positions. We’ll get more of the same till the end of the season. 

I wasn’t one of the people championing the new BOD when they were appointed, but I’m willing to give them the chance they deserve. For me they get a free pass till the end of the season as the damage was already done and nobody was going to recover it. The summer is where they will be tested and I can only hope they get it right, otherwise I dread to think what will happen to the club. 

Problem is that free pass could be spent pissing a sizeable chunk of our budget away and have nothing to show for it. If we end up mid table will there be 1500 quid a week  still available to pay for a decent quality player next season too or is that the rainy day money used up?