The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Next season, and maybe even beyond. You can add Deans and his crew to the list. The mess this club is in can’t be under estimated imo. 

That can’t be blamed on Rennie’s bizarre decision making during games though! 

Guest Ecosse83

Sheerin signed 10 first team players (Holt signed the most of them)

Rennie has signed 6 with probably zero improvement on Sheerin’s performances.

Why didn’t Sheerin get more time to fix the previous regimes mistakes?

Let’s face it the only reason Rennie is getting so much slack from some on here is because their mates appointed him! 

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon nesbitt is just completely fed up. Should still be doing a job but he knocked his pan in every week at the start of the season and was excellent but has been dragged down to the level of the rest it would seem. Disappointing as he looked like a real player to start with.

TBF Morton warned us that he started well and then turned up when he felt like it.

I was surprised with his attitude which is spot on, it's his passing, decision making and shooting on match day that's way off it.

15 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Horrible performance as usual but at least we scrapped a win. Those who said LG was a waste of money should look at his performance today. Dowds a bit out of sorts but we have all been told he is EF through and through. Need Jaze back and quick

Yep that 3 mins was worth it 😃

For being still only 31, he is way of the pace. I'd understand if he was 35+ but yesterday he was the equivalent of being a kicker in American football.

It's no real surprise that he has ended up in the 3rd tier of Scottish football on his showings so far.

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Sheerin signed 10 first team players (Holt signed the most of them)

Rennie has signed 6 with probably zero improvement on Sheerin’s performances.

Why didn’t Sheerin get more time to fix the previous regimes mistakes?

Let’s face it the only reason Rennie is getting so much slack from some on here is because their mates appointed him! 

In his last 15 games Sheerin amassed 12 points. 
Rennie has had 9 games since the window opened and 14 points. 
I am not saying it is great far from it but results have improved. 
I will be like this IMO for the last 9 games, some good, some bad, some indifferent. This is not a 5 minute fix

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He would argue I am sure we won the game. 

I’d say that was more down to Griffiths saying f**k this I’m actually taking this corner, something the management should have been doing since he was in the door! 

Guest Ecosse83

I will be like this IMO for the last 9 games, some good, some bad, some indifferent. This is not a 5 minute fix

I accept that but I want to see more, I think we are capable of more. 

To be clear I’m not saying the manager should go right now but if performances don’t improve then he should be be here next season either. 

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’d say that was more down to Griffiths saying f**k this I’m actually taking this corner, something the management should have been doing since he was in the door! 

Yes and the longer the game went on the more influence he had. Rennie’s bizzare changes as you called them for him further up the pitch. As I said this is not going to fix in a few games and boy it is frustrating. 

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

How many good performances have we seen under Rennie so far?

No-one thought this would be a "five-minute fix". He's been provided with a budget to sign six players, including Griffiths, and also benefited from the return of Dowds. I hoped that would have translated into something a bit more than a series of dire, turgid, boring performances that are barely discernible from those being served up under Sheerin. I've no appetite for another managerial change and large turnover of players, but at the moment Rennie isn't showing much to suggest that he is capable of taking us where we want to go. There needs to be a hell of a lot more over these final games for him to be worthy of a contract extension. Just not seeing it.

So what’s your magic wand? 

Brian Rice seemed to do a pretty good Harry Potter impersonation at Alloa yesterday - he worked with the squad that he inherited and got a draw against the league leaders. It can be done. You're cutting the new board and Rennie far too much slack.

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So what’s your magic wand? 

Genuine question here I’m not trying to be smart or anything. 

What would be enough in your opinion for Rennie to warrant getting the job for next season? Do we need to improve anymore or do you think he should get it next season based on what he has done so far? 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Looks like we are just going to have to draw a line under this season again and do another rebuild in the summer. I was all for giving Rennie the chance of doing this and giving him the time and resources in the summer but I’ve changed my mind on that front and I am now glad he only has 6 months.

Our new board has probably the biggest 3 months coming up in our clubs recent history and they have to make the right choices. If we get the management appointment wrong then god knows when/if we will ever get back to the type of club that played in the top flight or challenged in the championship to get there. Our crowds have held up pretty well considering what we have been served up on the pitch but this won’t last forever.

Agree with all said, but I honestly think it’s a minimum of a two year get it right strategy. Whether the BOD goes with R&M remains to be seen. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Agree with all said, but I honestly think it’s a minimum of a two year get it right strategy. Whether the BOD goes with R&M remains to be seen. 

You are right and it might even take longer than two years, I’m just not convinced R&M are the people to get us there.

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Brian Rice seemed to do a pretty good Harry Potter impersonation at Alloa yesterday - he worked with the squad that he inherited and got a draw against the league leaders. It can be done. You're cutting the new board and Rennie far too much slack.

Rice got more points in one game against a top 4 side  than Rennie has got in 3 attempts. All the points he's picked up have been against the utter dross in the league save a scrappy point against queen's park. A good manager will come in and at least get the team organised properly but we're still a total shambles in the middle of the park and defence despite numerous new signings. 

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We wont have gotten it right until we see young players coming through the ranks & breaking into the 1st team. That is years away & a tragic indicator of just how fucked we were in 2021.