The Falkirk FC Thread

I think we all get what an absolute clusterfuck Deans Holt and Sheerin set in motion last summer, and how difficult a job Rennie has on his hands, but at some point, he is going to have to offer up some clarity as to exactly what it is going to take for him to improve things. Up to now, he can make the claim of “fine margins” but nothing more than that.

11 minutes ago, kiddy said:
28 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:
Total crap today (again).Griffiths glaring in disbelief @ Rennie subbing Mcguffie was the highlight for me. Probably  his best game for us today. Thought Jevons done OK  the rest, looks like a total clearout again

Can't understand the outrage over the McGuffie sub. He hadn't won a challenge the whole game & only his goal set him apart from the other 3 in the middle. It was Hobsons choice, any 1 from the 4 in the middle, that could've got hooked. They were all shan.

Only player willing to take players on , maybe not all fruitful  but at least looked like he cared

McGuffie was head and shoulders our best midfielder today, and the only one with any attacking threat.  Subbing him but leaving Miller - a monumental shitebag of a footballer - on the park was rank idiocy.

I just found out Taylor-Sinclair is 30.  I genuinely thought he was about 17.  He is totally inept and should be nowhere near the starting XI.

East Fife fan here in peace!!

I can see where the frustrations are coming from for you guys. Aimless passing along the back line and then the same ball into Dowds or Griffiths and mostly Higgins and Dunlop mopped that up easily. Thought Griffiths looked uninterested for most of that game but quality delivery the key moment. 

We're extremely disappointed not to take any points when I thought we deserved at least 1. Penalty looked very very harsh

An absolutely perfect day for us.

A result which pulls us away from bottom 2, which is currently the performance level we’ve been operating at for 5 months.

A performance that continues to confirm, to the board, that Rennie is getting absolutely zero out of this squad, and doesn’t have long left (maybe 2/3 games) before they can turn to each other and say right, the hunt for the next manager starts now. 

4 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

East Fife fan here in peace!!

I can see where the frustrations are coming from for you guys. Aimless passing along the back line and then the same ball into Dowds or Griffiths and mostly Higgins and Dunlop mopped that up easily. Thought Griffiths looked uninterested for most of that game but quality delivery the key moment. 

We're extremely disappointed not to take any points when I thought we deserved at least 1. Penalty looked very very harsh

Thought we deserved a point. Danny ‘s 30 yard shot that hit the bar would of changed the game. Penalty looked weak but too far away. Thought at times we were the sharper team and got thro their midfield with ease. Quality delivery by Griffiths re the corner tbf.

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

An absolutely perfect day for us.

A result which pulls us away from bottom 2, which is currently the performance level we’ve been operating at for 5 months.

A performance that continues to confirm, to the board, that Rennie is getting absolutely zero out of this squad, and doesn’t have long left (maybe 2/3 games) before they can turn to each other and say right, the hunt for the next manager starts now. 

For me today was a watershed - the fact he tried the 4 4 2 formation in first half then ditched it @ half time is indicative of a manager risk averse to the nth degree. He then compounded that by his substitution of Dixon for the injured ST who clearly as others have mentioned is both done & disinterested 

As for Gary Miller - a charlatan of a player who runs about chasing shadows - nuff said that he stayed in for whole match 

Then the crowning glory - substituting the only midfielder trying to run forward with the ball - I too noticed LG’s reaction of utter bewilderment & the ovation McGuffie received from both the south & main stands is testimony to his contribution & also the management decision to take him off / bearing in mind that this player is far from a fan’s favourite 

For me he’s on death row & it might be he got a reprieve today but if I was on the board I would be now taking action to replace shut down the current experiment 

21 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

As for Gary Miller - a charlatan of a player who runs about chasing shadows - nuff said that he stayed in for whole match 

I would not go so far as to describe him as a charlatan. He's just a player well, well past his best and consequently unable to do what I presume is being asked of him. I still remember a game towards the start of last season at Firhill when Miller looked like he was moving through treacle as the Thistle midfielders literally jogged away from him at regular intervals. That was in October 2020, months after being awarded a two-year contract by the ludicrous "M and M". Here we are going into March 2022 and he's still being selected pretty much week in, week out. Please, let's hear no more from the ridiculous "But who could we get, there's no one out there" brigade. They cannot possibly believe that it should be beyond even us to source and recruit a younger, more mobile, more energetic central midfielder than an utterly finished Gary Miller. And ultimately, he is not selecting himself.

I would not go so far as to describe him as a charlatan. He's just a player well, well past his best and consequently unable to do what I presume is being asked of him. I still remember a game towards the start of last season at Firhill when Miller looked like he was moving through treacle as the Thistle midfielders literally jogged away from him at regular intervals. That was in October 2020, months after being awarded a two-year contract by the ludicrous "M and M". Here we are going into March 2022 and he's still being selected pretty much week in, week out. Please, let's hear no more from the ridiculous "But who could we get, there's no one out there" brigade. They cannot possibly believe that it should be beyond even us to source and recruit a younger, more mobile, more energetic central midfielder than an utterly finished Gary Miller. And ultimately, he is not selecting himself.

Being unable to secure a loanee at this point is just fucking nonsense. Theres no way there isnt a club looking for game time for someone or a player/club itching to part company.

I find it hard to believe we cant get someone in, unless we arent being told thay actually, the budget is waxed.

15 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Having had a full transfer window and yet still having to pick Gary miller every week just does not make sense. There's a few players in the squad that should never have been seen in the first team again but for an injury or covid emergency but they've all been given game time recently. As has already been said it can't be that bloody difficult to source and sign a better midfielder than Gary bloody miller but with our recruitment record I shouldn't really be surprised that we haven't 

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

Thought we deserved a point. Danny ‘s 30 yard shot that hit the bar would of changed the game. Penalty looked weak but too far away. Thought at times we were the sharper team and got thro their midfield with ease. Quality delivery by Griffiths re the corner tbf.

You deserved a win.  No question.  We were appalling.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Being unable to secure a loanee at this point is just fucking nonsense. Theres no way there isnt a club looking for game time for someone or a player/club itching to part company.

I find it hard to believe we cant get someone in, unless we arent being told thay actually, the budget is waxed.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As has already been said it can't be that bloody difficult to source and sign a better midfielder than Gary bloody miller but with our recruitment record I shouldn't really be surprised that we haven't 

There was a boy at Huddersfield who was on peanuts apparently. In the brief time he played he wasn't anywhere as bad a Gary Miller in the centre of the park.

If only he was up the road at Livingston, we might've been interested.

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

I understand hes trying to put a positive spin on it, but Martin Rennie has to be watching a different game from me there. Is he genuinely delusional? 

What I do not care for is him saying the 3rd quarter is the only one that he has been in charge of, and he has taken 14 points…..our best quarter.

By all means, apply positive spin, but his claim is patently untrue. That’s from 10 games with one of the EF games belonging to the 2nd quarter. A quarter is 9 games, not 10, so the truth is he has won us 11 points in Q3, not 14. I don’t like to see the numbers being fudged like that.

The Facebook pages are a tough read. Can’t give criticism or you are a moaning b*****d. We aren’t daft. Why is it too much to ask to have a Falkirk team in league 1 who can win AND play good football?
Or.... you know.... Do either if those things on a consistent basis