The Falkirk FC Thread

Wow... what a honking team that is! Miller starting is as good as a man down, Jacobs beside him screams of a defensive set up.  Such an unbalanced team on the wings too, Williamson can't attack, McGUFFie can't defend, neither can tackle!  Reckon Griffiths will just jog around and not give a f**k as he realises that this team and formation will provide him with the square root of zilch.

Rennie stated that we don't have the players to change the system, if he's signed 6 players but still only has players to play 1 formation that isn't working with no adaptability, then that fault is fully on him!

Guest Ecosse83

Simple tweak I’d try. Play Miller at right back and play Williamson on the right in front of him. ATS left back and McGuffie on the left. Can’t be any worse than he useless formation we are already adopting 

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tbh, I think that was Sheerin’s final conclusion.

Well of today's side 5 are pre sheerin and 6 are new if we include dowds and he's more than capable anyway. Gary miller we all know is shite apart from Rennie who keeps fecking picking him. Same for Mcguffie whose also murder. Williamson has ability but is a big shitebag, telfer plays well one game in 10 and then finally you have mutch. If the players ain't good enough then you have to include the ones he's brought in surely.

What I don't get is in Miller and Griffiths, we have two of the standout Scottish forwards of the last ten years and Dowds is arguably one of the current form strikers in the country but we get this defensive shite. Surely Miller has to have an influence, otherwise what's the point?

Edited by Newbornbairn

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Unsure why Jacobs is deserving of a mention when slagging the midfield off.....

He's a defensive midfielder. Thought of us playing two of them against east bloody Fife especially when the other one is utter shite is the issue here.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

If this goes pear shaped today, then the first thing Rennie must do is stop giving video interviews, and if needs be, just put interview transcripts up on the website.

No more, training wonderfulness, no more getting better and better, no more mentions of starting eleven stability.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Unsure why Jacobs is deserving of a mention when slagging the midfield off.....

Agreed, I like Jacobs. that's what I find frustrating, I actually think we have some decent players and are performing worse than we should be. whether that's down to the players or the management or both is hard to tell. I'm inclined to put the majority of the responsibility on the motivation, formation, tactics and team selection on the management. 

Guest Ecosse83

Mutch

miller.      Watson.  Mills.   ATS 

Williams  Jacobs. Telfer  McGuffie    

Griffiths.  Dowds 

Thats how is line up today with that 11