The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Touched on many times before, but we have way, way too many soft touches in our team. Just think about how other sides feel when they see our line-up announced and see they're playing against the some combinations of Telfer, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Williamson, Hetherington, ATS and McKay? They automatically know that if they win their battles, there is a decent chance the victory will follow.  Tuesday was a prime example; how many times did our players just look absolutely fucking petrified? 

There isn’t really one player in our entire squad that would strike fear in the opposition now. We so need a Davie Nicholls, Crawford Baptie type character to fight our corner. As you say we are a team of fearties.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Touched on many times before, but we have way, way too many soft touches in our team. Just think about how other sides feel when they see our line-up announced and see they're playing against the some combinations of Telfer, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Williamson, Hetherington, ATS and McKay? They automatically know that if they win their battles, there is a decent chance the victory will follow.  Tuesday was a prime example; how many times did our players just look absolutely fucking petrified? 

Spot on, Peterhead players came out smiling and looked like they’d already won the game. Our body language was similar to a bunch of under 14s ( and same size) meeting for the first time. Watch EF on Saturday they’ll go through the majority of our players in first tackles. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The second image though. A couple of players have just gone out of shot on the right, but only one Falkirk player is trying to read the danger in front of him. Every other Falkirk player (all 8 of them) are looking at the ball ( yer classic “ball watching”) and are oblivious to how many Peterhead players are around them. Only one player trying to read the game. Is it any wonder we are so awful at the back? There is no organisation at all. It’s like school football.

Mentioned this in a post on Wednesday. Miller retreats, Nesbitt and Telfer go through the motions but never really look like they want to win it back. 

All it needs is one of them to make the foul and stop the attack. By this stage I'm not even looking for a midfielder to win the ball but at least try and be a nasty b*stard to allow us to get organised for the set-piece farther from our goal.

Edited by Blame Me

The thing is, when you have 8 outfield players back like that, I would bet you every single Falkirk player can see another Falkirk player (or maybe even two). They will think/hope that those players are actually doing something to affect the outcome……but they are not. All they have done is run back, but then do nothing.

Here’s the next two images. For example, McGuffie. He doesn’t pick up a man, he is there, but isn’t going to have any impact on the outcome.

EE727B78-095F-478F-AC41-BC88C5C89700.png

9C43A759-4799-4727-8C04-7AB000E84799.png

7 v 4 in that last frame and it's a shambles. 

3 secs between pics and Miller hasn't moved! 😠

Dixon blocking Mills, Watson out of position and McGuffie still hasn't closed the space to Peterhead #20.

I hope the players felt as embarrassed as their defending was watching that back.

The more I listen to Rennie it just feels like a movie we have all saw before. He's positive to the point its delusional. On another note it's the night before a game and there's not a thread up for it unless Ive missed it . Kinda sums up the mood. I'd do it but I can't be arsed either.

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The more I listen to Rennie it just feels like a movie we have all saw before. He's positive to the point its delusional. On another note it's the night before a game and there's not a thread up for it unless Ive missed it . Kinda sums up the mood. I'd do it but I can't be arsed either.

https://youtu.be/lktwzIW9N-o

The goal is a catalogue of errors and absolutely typical of our clusterfuck defending this season.

I've got no idea what Nesbitt is doing with the pass but as others have said we are still in a good position at that point.

Miller has got to position himself better to cut out that cross. He is too busy worrying about Ritchie on the edge of the box who Nesbitt/ Telfer should be picking up. It really is a collective failing from all 3 midfielders which leaves 4 Peterhead players against our 3 CHs.

You've also got to question what Williamson is doing. It's Rico Quitongo facing you up ffs, not Roberto Carlos. Stick out a leg and take the ball off him, or at least stop the cross.

You could argue it's slightly unlucky with Watson making the first block from Brown and the ball breaking straight to Savoury - but the save and clearance from Mutch and Dixon are both shocking. If you can't even clear from your own 6 yard box in any situation you are probably going to concede a goal. Whilst Rennie has made plenty of mistakes so far the players have got to take some responsibility for that goal because it is basic, basic stuff  

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Dixons half hearted attempt at a clearance as well was a disgrace, he looked like he couldn’t be arsed, both when attempting the clearance and when the Peterhead player scored.

He would sit in the stand for the rest of his contract for me. Not interested looking at him 

42 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Just cut him a bit of slack. He can’t and shouldn’t come onto these interviews and be downbeat. Remember the Grainger one the week Sheerin was sacked? 

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He would sit in the stand for the rest of his contract for me. Not interested looking at him 

Posted a few days back that he must be brought back for ATS, hands up got this grossly wrong. Agree his body language and exit to the stand after substitution wasnt good. 

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just cut him a bit of slack. He can’t and shouldn’t come onto these interviews and be downbeat. Remember the Grainger one the week Sheerin was sacked? 

Those pre match interviews are pointless, never going to learn anything from them (rightly) and the manager is not going to come out and say anything remotely interesting.

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That was a belter that, after we’d been swatted aside by Cove at home if I remember correctly . An absolute loser that guy

On 'that goal', whilst the defending is eye-bleedingly awful from start to finish I'd like to just put a question out there that seems to be about as fashionable as brown flares and platform shoes. Here goes...

Hey, Robbie Mutch, have you ever actually contemplated trying to catch and hold on to the ball?

This palming the ball away thing might be all very good in penalty shoot outs etc but it's utterly idiotic in a packed box and yet we see it week in, week out. (And I accept not just from Mutch, but he does seem to be a big fan of it)

Guest Ecosse83

Expecting 3 points today even though we will persist with the shit 352. There will be a bit of promise then we will revert back to type against half decent opposition. 

I can’t even be arsed going today, watching our pathetic style of play has ended me! 

41 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Expecting 3 points today even though we will persist with the shit 352. There will be a bit of promise then we will revert back to type against half decent opposition. 

I can’t even be arsed going today, watching our pathetic style of play has ended me! 

Feel exactly the same, anyone got that small HOPE we'll turn up one day…….