The Falkirk FC Thread

From what I've seen of Griffiths so far I am still very much optimistic. His touch has been excellent and his passing has pretty much always been clever and gone to a Falkirk player. Couple of decent free kicks out of a couple.

I'm not saying he will end up being value for money but I'm certainly not giving up on the guy after 1 or 2 games. I'm with BPM on this one, lets get all 3 good strikers playing instead of worrying too much about the opposition. Lets be honest its not working this cagey 5 at the back, defensive mid and everyone back at corners. Sick of playing without gusto and heart.

46 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

2 hours or 20 mins I've seen nothing that suggests he's going to start ripping up L1.

Anthony Stokes scored his first goal for us 6 weeks after joining on loan. He then proceeded to score 11 goals in the following 6 weeks.

I'm not saying Griffiths will score 11 goals between now and Easter but you are throwing more toys out the pram than Putin. 

Griffiths - we done something out the box, for me I applaud the BOD, to early to write the guy off, but why we are not playing with a front three with Griffiths/Dowds/Kabia in Division three of Scottish football baffles me. We’ve absolutely nothing to loose.

Not sure of our starting eleven but expect Dixon to be one of the scapegoats and dropped, after Tuesdays performance, although that could easily be one of seven or eight players.

There’s ten games to play and thirty points up for grabs……….

14 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

So what’s you’re point? I’m comparing both players at the time they arrived at the Club. 

Latapy went on to be the best I’ve ever seen in a Falkirk jersey and I doubt I’ll ever see anyone surpass him, but if my memory serves me right, his first season amongst shite at Ochilview was far from convincing. A few moments of genius for sure, but it was during his second season when he really started to shine.

Let’s just give Griffiths a chance ffs. Would his performances to date have as many critics if his name was Lee Miller? A man who knows all about downing tools!

Is he going to get a fair crack of the whip anyway if we are creating very little?

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is he going to get a fair crack of the whip anyway if we are creating very little?

At least as fair a crack of the whip as the previously slaughtered Anton Dowds (7 goals in 8 games) IMO. 

It is a complete fabrication that the only thing holding LG back is how bad our team is. And again,. i'm not writing him off here. He might end up with 15 goals, but why are we doing this on his behalf? I

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The Lee Miller comparison is mental. Miller came through as a teenager, made us a few quid when we sold him, returned as a player and then managed us. He played over 100 games for us over the best part of 8 seasons.

I agree we should give Griffiths a chance but it’s defo not a like for like comparison.

It’s not mental at all. I’m using Miller as an example because in the eyes of many of our fans, he could do no wrong despite having plenty of stinking performances. I’ll judge Griffiths at the end of the season.

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That’s for Rennie to try and sort out, although I’m not confident he will. Massively underwhelmed by him so far. Giving Griffiths as much game time as possible would help.

Edited by MSG GTF!

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It is a complete fabrication that the only thing holding LG back is how bad our team is. And again,. i'm not writing him off here. He might end up with 15 goals, but why are we doing this on his behalf? I

You haven’t watched our last three games, have you?

14 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Picking up on my friend’s “neutral eye” on our defensive set up, then player quality apart, there does seem to be issues of discipline (not bookings…..discipline of functioning together as a defensive unit). On Tuesday, they were certainly all over the place. There were signs yet again of our midfield sitting on top of the back three ending up with sometimes seven players back in defence but just as a muddle of individuals rather than players carrying out specific roles.

The EF game might represent our last realistic chance of winning a game for a wee while. Sad to say, I doubt very much that we will get 4th.

The midfield on Tuesday was Gary Miller, Nesbitt on many occasions was the furthest player forward making us have a forward 3, Telfer dotted all over the place but he is also eager and getting into the last third too.

It's really no surprise we lost the midfield, McGuffie at wing back is like having someone that doesn't know if he is a left back or left midfielder and becomes neither. Williamson on the otherside is scared to run too hard or tackle because of injuries. 

I hate to give McKinnon praise but the first thing he did was get us into a shape with everyone knowing their job, Totten and Houston did the same and every manager pre Rennie played with various formations and finally got one that suited Sheerin apart, it really is bewildering he is sticking with something that clearly isn't working 

We have a better team as far as I'm concerned than what Rennie is putting out, his interview on Tuesday was almost as bad as a Sheerin one and if we continue with his team selection and formation, we will be lucky to get 5th nevermind 4th.

I know a few who are not going back till Rennie is gone, that includes watching on FTV. If we don't get a result and performance on Saturday, that number will increase.

18 hours ago, champions said:

Difference being latapy was approaching 40 and doing the business on a saturday afternoon, at times he was the best player on show and could at least still get about the pitch.

Quite a poor comparison tbf

He was about 33 when he signed.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Anthony Stokes scored his first goal for us 6 weeks after joining on loan. He then proceeded to score 11 goals in the following 6 weeks.

I'm not saying Griffiths will score 11 goals between now and Easter but you are throwing more toys out the pram than Putin. 

Eh?

Stokes scored in like his second or third game like a week after he signed.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Eh?

Stokes scored in like his second or third game like a week after he signed.

He scored his first league goal in October, can’t quite remember when he scored in the league cup which I’m sure he did (before Celtic away)

Just now, gav-ffc said:

He scored his first league goal in October, can’t quite remember when he scored in the league cup which I’m sure he did (before Celtic away)

Aye, but he scored in the cup just a week or so after joining. I was responding to the point that it took him six weeks to start scoring.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Aye, but he scored in the cup just a week or so after joining. I was responding to the point that it took him six weeks to start scoring.

He may well have but i only had a list of his league appearances. Regardless, it is still a very stark contrast.

Edited by latapythelegend

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The midfield on Tuesday was Gary Miller, Nesbitt on many occasions was the furthest player forward making us have a forward 3, Telfer dotted all over the place but he is also eager and getting into the last third too.

It's really no surprise we lost the midfield, McGuffie at wing back is like having someone that doesn't know if he is a left back or left midfielder and becomes neither. Williamson on the otherside is scared to run too hard or tackle because of injuries. 

I hate to give McKinnon praise but the first thing he did was get us into a shape with everyone knowing their job, Totten and Houston did the same and every manager pre Rennie played with various formations and finally got one that suited Sheerin apart, it really is bewildering he is sticking with something that clearly isn't working 

We have a better team as far as I'm concerned than what Rennie is putting out, his interview on Tuesday was almost as bad as a Sheerin one and if we continue with his team selection and formation, we will be lucky to get 5th nevermind 4th.

I know a few who are not going back till Rennie is gone, that includes watching on FTV. If we don't get a result and performance on Saturday, that number will increase.

Unfortunately many more seats around where I sit were noticeably empty on Tuesday. Granted it was a horrible night but Saturdays gate will be a better gauge/indicator if the fans are still behind the manager, or simply had enough. 

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He may well have but i only had a list of his league appearances. Regardless, it is still a very stark contrast.

When Stokes signed he wasn't a recent internationalist with a proven track record. He was an unproven youth. It's not a fair comparison at all.