The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, that's all very well but don't try to deny that you would have been moaning your head off if we had strengthened in midfield but hadn't brought in a striker because you, I and everyone else know that would have been the case.

You will simply moan at something, anything, because that's what you do. I realise that you can't help it but it would be good if you could go and do it somewhere else.

On Griffiths, I personally wasn't too keen on bringing him in because it was likely that he would be expensive and was unlikely that he would have been the same player that left Celtic. However, if, and it's a big if, Rennie can get him properly fit and motivated he'll definitely be an asset as he's shown that he's still got something in the game time that he's had so far. He still has a good touch and, as we saw on Tuesday, hasn't lost his shooting ability. I don't think he's 'struggling for a game', I just think that Rennie's using him as he sees fit. If it was me I'd use him a 2nd half substitute after Dowds and Kabia have tired out defences, although I think he may play from the start on Saturday as Kabia didn't look too fit when he went off.

I'm not sure that any of it makes much difference though as it looks like Putin wants to rule the world!

We've signed an excellent striker in kabia and dowds is bsck playing well if we'd used the money to sign a decent centrehalf and a decent midfielder and we're therefor winning games I wouldn't be giving a feck about another striker and as I said we could've brought in a loan striker to support those two instead of pouring a fortune into signing Griffith's when our attack is by far the best part of the team already whilst our defence and midfield are brutal. We've been utter dross for 5 years now so there's not much to do other than moan to be honest. I'd much rather be coming on here waxing lyrically about our side as we stroll to the league one title but that ain't happening any time soon.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

... other than that, he’s been starved of service. ... given the utter shite he’s surrounded by. Give the guy a chance ffs.

The contradictions of the arguments for LG are wild.

Main one now being that service which has been poor ALL season will now somehow improve whilst not actually addressing why it's been poor. Um, ok. 

At the outset, Griffiths talent was meant to overcome any fitness deficiencies as it was L1 and yet two thumping free-kicks and a dragged shot with similar amounts of game time to Ompreon and Wilson in reality.

Yet we've to give him a chance.

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Main one now being that service which has been poor ALL season will now somehow improve whilst not actually addressing why it's been poor. Um, ok. 

At the outset, Griffiths talent was meant to overcome any fitness deficiencies as it was L1 and yet two thumping free-kicks and a dragged shot with similar amounts of game time to Ompreon and Wilson in reality.

No contradiction from me whatsoever. Comparing one of the best goalscorers in Scottish football for many a year with Jaime Wilson and Sammy Ompreon is absolutely fkn mental. You’re just waffling a lot of pish now. He cannot be judged on one clear cut chance against Peterhead, because unlike the other two, his track record speaks for itself. He cannot influence a game if he doesn’t have the ball.

Forgive me for thinking that 6 new signings and a new manager might have brought about an improvement in our style of football and the number of chances we create. However, the fact that it remains poor is most certainly not the fault of Leigh Griffiths. That lies at Rennie’s door.

Edited by MSG GTF!

43 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Do you honestly think that the management have not been trying for weeks to get a decent quality midfielder in?

This is not some sad act football manager computer game this is the real world and all the issues that brings with it.

Grow up.

Although I do think Williamson is a good right back despite his obvious best ability being attacking rather than defending I would give Wilson a go. Williamson needs a rest, our full backs have loads to do in this formation and we say against Queen’s Park out dead he was at the end of that game. Maybe Wilson can find some sort of form in that position and it’s a good example of making the most of our team even if it is shite

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've signed an excellent striker in kabia and dowds is bsck playing well if we'd used the money to sign a decent centrehalf and a decent midfielder and we're therefor winning games I wouldn't be giving a feck about another striker and as I said we could've brought in a loan striker to support those two instead of pouring a fortune into signing Griffith's when our attack is by far the best part of the team already whilst our defence and midfield are brutal. We've been utter dross for 5 years now so there's not much to do other than moan to be honest. I'd much rather be coming on here waxing lyrically about our side as we stroll to the league one title but that ain't happening any time soon.

It doesn't matter Shadwell, that's the point. We could have signed umpteen Chs and umpteen midfielders who were absolutely fantastic players but you'd still be complaining because the subs aren't practicing free kicks at half time or the grounds man's not using the right paint on the goalposts or some other such shit.

Out of interest, who are the decent CHs and midfielders that you're thinking of?  

Dowds and Kabia have both scored goals since coming in. Theres no excuse for Griffiths, whos quality should give him a fairly appreciable advantage over those two.

If he cant score goals, lets not be making excuses for him, or the board who pulled the trigger on a fairly expensive gamble.

35 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Do you honestly think that the management have not been trying for weeks to get a decent quality midfielder in?

This is not some sad act football manager computer game this is the real world and all the issues that brings with it.

Grow up.

Look, you know as well as I do that there's a 'decent midfielder' shop at the retail park so don't try to make out that signing one would be difficult FFS.

30 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Grow up.

With everything else that's been going on E.g crazy team selections, rigid useless formation, playing out from the back, Gary Miller in place of Jacobs, signing 3 centre halves, wasting £1500 a week on LG etc I'm inclined to think we haven't been trying as hard as we could have to get a quality midfielder in.  

We've had January & February to try to do something either signing or on loan.  Nobody can be seriously saying its impossible to find a midfielder better than Gary Miller... surely?!

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dowds and Kabia have both scored goals since coming in. Theres no excuse for Griffiths, whos quality should give him a fairly appreciable advantage over those two.

If he cant score goals, lets not be making excuses for him, or the board who pulled the trigger on a fairly expensive gamble.

Fair comment. But let’s give him a fair chance to be criticised in the first place. If anyone wants to give me some examples of him passing up chance after chance, I’m all ears. 👍

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

......and I know this one is going to get pelters, but I would play Ompreon as a wing back or wide player on the right....not as a centre forward. He had the full back on toast earlier in the season(Dumbarton or Airdire ? when Morrison was absent) and slung in some good crosses on one of his rare starts, until they kicked him off the park before half time.  Might be worth another chance in this position from the start on Saturday just to check if it was a one off  ?

Heard he was unavailable Saturday. Something to do with Nicki Minaj's farter. 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Mutch; Mills, Watson, ATS; Wilson, Jacobs, Telfer, McGuffie, McCann; Ompreon, Griffiths.

My prediction for Saturday's team.

Half that team wouldn’t get on the rides at Alton Towers.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

It doesn't matter Shadwell, that's the point. We could have signed umpteen Chs and umpteen midfielders who were absolutely fantastic players but you'd still be complaining because the subs aren't practicing free kicks at half time or the grounds man's not using the right paint on the goalposts or some other such shit.

Out of interest, who are the decent CHs and midfielders that you're thinking of?  

I'm not the bloody manager but we seem to play against better midfielders every week in this bloody league and most of them will be on a pittance. Our game plan of constantly bringing in players from the top flight and championship has hardly been a success so perhaps it's time to look elsewhere.But as I've said before good managers get the players they need in bad managers don't and get the sack.  If dick Campbell when he took over the Arbroath job  had thought ach we're only Arbroath no way we can sign decent players why bother they wouldn't be near the top of the championship just now. Contacts and relationships with other clubs are everything in football these days . We need to change the record on our recruitment or we're going to be a league one club for years to come.  

And that's nonsense when we play well I praise the side. It's the simple fact that the number of times we've paid well over the last two seasons is so few that there's been feck all to praise.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I'll be unhappy if Griffiths' wages are currently deducting from next seasons budget. It's been blatantly obvious that he has been done for quite some time now.

Exactly if you spend that kind of money on a player it has to pay off and needs to result in a playoff place. Would be ludicrous to have signed  the highest paid player in the league and come mid table