The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I ain’t going to answer the first bit as you have no idea what has gone on at Falkirk. 

As far as Dowds goes he has come back a much better player from Arbroath after failing miserably in his first season with us. He has stood out since coming back to us and fair play to Rennie for keeping him when it would have been easy to let him stay at Arbroath. He will get a good move in the summer. 

I imagine Arbroath, if still in the Championship, will likely be back in for Dowds. He'll have a couple of full time options too. Definitely was at the right place at the right time and did well for the Smokies. Undoubtedly raised his stock.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

35 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

To use the language you are so accustomed to using, just F- CK off you hypocrite!

Re The old board your views were  vile. The new Board with your pals- give them time. Even Stevie Wonder could see after one game your midfield was hopeless.

Months later, many weeks later , you cant still find a player even under loan. Behave..

Anyway, Dowds seems to be doing ok, many Falkirk  fans seem to like him despite the “hate”’you , GTF, Shadwell  and Ebobsboy have against him.

He is a favourite of all of us at EF,He was one of the first to signup to king kevs testimonial, here also  he is in Bobby Linns first 11 at his testimonial.

Before  you ask never met the boy, but having played football   I feel i can always recognise a player, But more importantly king Kev and Bobby also recognise a player- and want him in first 11.

He will always be welcome at Bayview- he just needs to  behave on Saturday!

Tbh you'll not find many who were sad to see the back of him before he went to Arbroath. Fair play to the lad he went there did well and has come back( probably under protest) a totally different player to the one who left. I'll gladly eat humble pie on this one. He's improved massively. And tbh holds all the cards now. Will he still be with us next season in league 1. I'd very much doubt it. He'll get a gig in the championship no problem. 

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I imagine Arbroath, if still in the Championship, will likely be back in for Dowds. He'll have a couple of full time options too. Definitely was at the right place at the right time and did well for the Smokies. Undoubtedly raised his stock.

He was unlucky with injuries last year but I feel the main difference in him since his spell at Arbroath is he's learned how to put himself about and make more of a nuisance of himself. Last year in the games he did play he was a big friendly giant. Definitely won't be at us next season.

Edited by FFC 1876

33 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He was unlucky with injuries last year but I feel the main difference in him since his spell at Arbroath is he's learned how to put himself about and make more of a nuisance of himself. Last year in the games he did play he was a big friendly giant. Definitely won't be at us next season.

Dowds has definitely improved the physical side of his game. He was getting kicked black and blue last night (with no sympathy from the ref.) but still managed to shrug defenders off.

I'd like to see what happened with his effort near the end as I couldn't see it clearly and it wasn't on the highlights. He made space for himself in the box but something happened when he pulled the trigger. Someone said that he was pushed as he struck the ball but I thought he'd clipped himself with his standing foot.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Can anyone confirm what respective positions Williamson & McCann played at Partick & Airdrie.

Have a bit of an argument going on about wing backs and full backs thanks

I would class McCann as a modern wing back a although final ball is poor,   if he is struggling probably due to his covering centre backs being poor..

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

fair play to Rennie for keeping him when it would have been easy to let him stay at Arbroath. 

Why is Rennie getting credit here? Dowds was clearly better than anything we had, had no choice but to come back, had been scoring goals at a much higher level and was like a free bonus signing. 

No manager on earth would have turned that down

I wouldn’t give him pass marks for last night. He was much much better than that. I would say that when we signed Connor Sammon, the sort of performance Dowds gave us last night was what we expected Sammon to give us.

The gross mismanagement of Dowds at Falkirk is something Holt in particular should be utterly ashamed of. When he leaves us (and he will leave) then the best of luck to the guy. Holt seemed so dismissive of him……….the way that I hope the footballing world is now dismissive of Holt. Karma is a bitch Gary.

Dowds will go with many fans blessings now. 

Struggled at first, written off by his employers and doubted by fans; brought back to play a level below what he's capable of and has given his all. 

If only some others had shown his attitude after all that we might not be in the predicament were in.

24 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Why is Rennie getting credit here? Dowds was clearly better than anything we had, had no choice but to come back, had been scoring goals at a much higher level and was like a free bonus signing. 

It sums us up that having strengthened our forward line significantly with the signing of kabia and return of dowds instead of then concentrating on the areas where we are weakest he brings in another bloody striker on 1500 quid plus a week.

27 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Sheerin kept Ompreon and told Dowds he was behind him. There is one manager on earth. 

15 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Dowds will go with many fans blessings now. 

Struggled at first, written off by his employers and doubted by fans; brought back to play a level below what he's capable of and has given his all. 

If only some others had shown his attitude after all that we might not be in the predicament were in.

This. At one point in the 2nd half he was busting a gut to defend at the edge of our box, and then sprinting to get forward. Puts the rest of his teammates to shame.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It sums us up that having strengthened our forward line significantly with the signing of kabia and return of dowds instead of then concentrating on the areas where we are weakest he brings in another bloody striker on 1500 quid plus a week.

We definitely needed another striker after Keena left. Whether that should have been Griffiths or not is another question right enough.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We definitely needed another striker after Keena left. Whether that should have been Griffiths or not is another question right enough.

It wasn't as pressing a need as other areas though. We could've muddled through with dowds and kabia if pushed.

Thing is, I don't think the feeling against Rennie last night would be as strong if we'd drawn 1-1, but he'd changed it at half-time and ditched 5 at the back. The result is of course the most important thing but doesn't always come as we know - for me, it is the stubbornness which bugs me the most.

2 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

To use the language you are so accustomed to using, just F- CK off you hypocrite!

Re The old board your views were  vile. The new Board with your pals- give them time. Even Stevie Wonder could see after one game your midfield was hopeless.

Months later, many weeks later , you cant still find a player even under loan. Behave..

Anyway, Dowds seems to be doing ok, many Falkirk  fans seem to like him despite the “hate”’you , GTF, Shadwell  and Ebobsboy have against him.

He is a favourite of all of us at EF,He was one of the first to signup to king kevs testimonial, here also  he is in Bobby Linns first 11 at his testimonial.

Before  you ask never met the boy, but having played football   I feel i can always recognise a player, But more importantly king Kev and Bobby also recognise a player- and want him in first 11.

He will always be welcome at Bayview- he just needs to  behave on Saturday!

What the actual f**k is this?

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Funnily enough I think he will. Score, that is.

I certainly hope so. Whatever his demons, with the right application he could have a couple of seasons much higher than us. Just need a few more free kicks 25 yards out. That will help.