The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

A mix between the both I think. McKinnon's first season down here being an obvious argument against your method.

One of the main complaints that season being that it was a squad of individuals as opposed to a team.

It's all about time surely anyway. If you come in pre season with 3 or 4 months of recruitment and pre season time in front of you then by all means you can try and create a squad to fit the way you want to play. However, if you come in half way through a season at a time where points are at a premium you have to piss with the cock you've got. Play the formation that most suits why you've got and then add players in that suit that formation. You can then twerk it whatever way you want in the close season . To me we were playing 3 5 2 no matter who we had playing for us.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's all about time surely anyway. If you come in pre season with 3 or 4 months of recruitment and pre season time in front of you then by all means you can try and create a squad to fit the way you want to play. However, if you come in half way through a season at a time where points are at a premium you have to piss with the cock you've got. Play the formation that most suits why you've got and then add players in that suit that formation. You can then twerk it whatever way you want in the close season . To me we were playing 3 5 2 no matter who we had playing for us.

I have to be honest and say that your posts recently have really been getting on my tits but I do agree with you on this one we have a team full of cocks.

Looking at our stats for our horrendous 20/21 Season.

Won  40%. Draw 24%   Loss 36%

Martin Rennie’s stats are

Won  33% Draw 22%  Loss 45%

The entirety of this season (Sheerin and Rennie combined)

Won 35%  Draw 23%  Loss 42%

I guess all it says in general terms is that absolutely nothing has improved in terms of the things that truly matter, and the Alloa result was most definitely yet another false dawn.

I really have no idea where we go from here. The management team are saying that how we are set up is the only way this group of players can be deployed. That is troubling. I think it’s pretty obvious that what we are seeing has nothing to do with a rebuild for next season.

If we do scrape our way into the play offs, it’s hard to see the 9th placed Championship side doing anything other than brushing us aside……(and sitting in 5th spot aiming for 4th spot looks no more likely than Clyde sitting in 6th spot aiming for 5th).

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I have deep concerns about twerking in the closed season. 

I defended our new coach but hearing the following gems in the post-match interview has me concerned:

"I felt that we were too direct" - we're drawing 1-1 with Peterhead, we need to be hitting them with everything we've got and last night's stats (6 chances in the first half, 2 in the second) was anything but direct

"You can't always judge the game by the scoreline" - if it was a 1-0 victory to Falkirk, with Robbie Mutch making more stops than an NHL goalie, it would have been a concern, but we would have at least got the win, and the points and that little bit closer to the play-offs. We're now relying on Queen's Park to capitulate

If we get this midfield we're hoping for, then there might be a turnaround, but I fear we will be hearing praised heaped on the unworthy when we somehow scrape a 0-0 draw with Clyde.

I see QP play their game in hand next week against Peterhead. Part of me wants QP to win this as being honest we have zero chance of going up with this squad and I don’t want us getting dragged into the playoffs at the other end as I’m not convinced this mob would get us out of it.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

59 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Looking at our stats for our horrendous 20/21 Season.

Won  40%. Draw 24%   Loss 36%

Martin Rennie’s stats are

Won  33% Draw 22%  Loss 45%

The entirety of this season (Sheerin and Rennie combined)

Won 35%  Draw 23%  Loss 42%

I guess all it says in general terms is that absolutely nothing has improved in terms of the things that truly matter, and the Alloa result was most definitely yet another false dawn.

I really have no idea where we go from here. The management team are saying that how we are set up is the only way this group of players can be deployed. That is troubling. I think it’s pretty obvious that what we are seeing has nothing to do with a rebuild for next season.

If we do scrape our way into the play offs, it’s hard to see the 9th placed Championship side doing anything other than brushing us aside……(and sitting in 5th spot aiming for 4th spot looks no more likely than Clyde sitting in 6th spot aiming for 5th).

I have deep concerns about twerking in the closed season. 

I really have no idea where we go from here. 

Great line, how true that this one sentence fits us perfectly.

I don't understand our management, they moan that a lot of our issues are down to always chopping and changing the team, yet he makes 6 changes (not changes for the better).  You can't have it both ways.  I also don't understand why he says he can't change formation because of the personnel we have?  We are shoe horning players into the 5 MIA 2 that we play already, we should have a minimum of 2 players that can play as wingers because well... we did for the first 1/3 of the season.  Hell I think even actually playing 3-5-2 would be an improvement, get them to not track back so far and let the 3 at the back deal with the issues, we are leaking goals at times anyway and having more in the middle might finally mean we start scoring some!

I can't really add much from what I said after the Cove game or from what has already been said on here since last night. But two things I want to know is just what the f**k is going through his head persisting with his current formation/tactics, surely he must see how bad it is and is he away yet? 

Please no more Champman w**k stain mangers. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No they are well aware of the midfield issues but have not managed to get personnel in they want 

How do you know that? 

20 minutes ago, champions said:

I thought in house Club matters weren't discussed with the patrons

it isnt, but It was reported at length we were trying to sign Liam Craig, we have signed Jacobs and there are rumours about Sibbald doing the rounds too. I think It is obvious that they think the midfield needs strengthened. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

it isnt, but It was reported at length we were trying to sign Liam Craig, we have signed Jacobs and there are rumours about Sibbald doing the rounds too. I think It is obvious that they think the midfield needs strengthened. 

So you believe reports about that but not several others about another certain player we were interested in signing!? 

having listened to that mess of an interview last night and seeing both the Cove and Peterhead game, I’m fairly willing to write off Rennie already. He mentions that we need to protect ourselves defensively better when we are attacking for a winner, at home, against Peterhead? f**k me show some ambition. I know it’s not as simple as we wish it was, however, we should not be having to worry about keeping the back door shut against the bottom side at home, let alone being pummelled by them. 

in my view our season is now totally finished and it’s another manager I can’t wait to see the back of.

31 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

The problem isn’t hiring and firing managers willy nilly, it’s the consistent hiring of the wrong manager that’s the problem. 

Yup. It's a variation of the Sunk Cost fallacy. "We've invested so much in this, we can't get shot of it even if it's not working".