The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Neilly said:

The constant whining and entitlement is embarrassing. Obviously funny to read but season ticket holders above no coming back because they can't handle it about sums them up.

Pitiful stuff on and off the park.

A few might start going to see Stenny. Get used to it pal.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are Falkirk fans serious?

Rennie gets what, 10 games, a January window, and 3 months and they're already discussing replacing him?

It constantly amazes me your fanbase doesn't understand that hounding everyone who comes in if they don't instantly hit the ground running, players and managers, is playing a part in your current position. Honestly feels like theres folk who think you just need to hire a manager and you'll turn into an outfit who can play great football and cruise back through the divisions overnight.

It consistently amazes me that someone who spends a considerable amount of time, and probably money analysing football as you do, doesn't bother to read what folk are saying before coming in here and totally misrepresenting it. You do it with a regularity that makes me think it has to be deliberate. It's very boring tbh, but maybe you're getting what you need from it?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rennie gets what, 10 games, a January window, and 3 months and they're already discussing replacing him?

It constantly amazes me your fanbase doesn't understand that hounding everyone who comes in if they don't instantly hit the ground running, players and managers, is playing a part in your current position. Honestly feels like theres folk who think you just need to hire a manager and you'll turn into an outfit who can play great football and cruise back through the divisions overnight.

Do you think it is really beyond comprehension that a manager can be identified as being hopelessly out of his depth after only a couple of months?

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I get your point mate but my goodness you would need to see it to believe it. Trust me when I say he is useless! 

We’ve appointed poor manager after poor manager, appoint someone half decent a d they will get the time. 

They won't though. You've appointed a young manager whos been left with a shite, unbalanced, squad, and you've all written him off after 10 games.

Just now, Trump said:

Get back to us once you’ve watched every game from us over the past four seasons emoji106.png

Whats that got to do with Rennie, exactly?

You're not just going to magically turn great again overnight, so I've no idea quite how you'll ever be happy if thats what you're expecting.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was all for giving him as much time as he needed, in fact I was for giving him a longer contract than the 6 months to let him have a summer transfer window but that has changed. The football is absolutely awful, team selections and the continual 3 5 2 set up plus the persistence of trying to play out from the back with players who aren’t capable has convinced me he isn’t the man for the job. 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why do guys like you come on here and tell us how we should be feeling and how we should be reacting? You don’t watch us, we are a fucking embarrassment.

Nobody expects us to turn into world beaters overnight but when the manager picks the wrong team, asks a team of absolute scudbooks to try and build from the back despite losing the ball in our half every single time, plays the wrong formation, makes awful substitutions and has a poorer win record than the guy that’s just been sacked then we have every right to question whether he is the right person for the job.

Hope that clarifies things for you. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lots of frustration. Things have actually gotten as bad (and possibly worse) than at any point this season (QP 6-0 excluded of course).

The biggest issue is seeing Rennie apparently grasping at straws in terms of team selection. It is all over the place. It is almost impossible to figure out what he is trying to do. It’s not that performances are inconsistent. Everything seems to be all over the place.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It consistently amazes me that someone who spends a considerable amount of time, and probably money analysing football as you do, doesn't bother to read what folk are saying before coming in here and totally misrepresenting it. You do it with a regularity that makes me think it has to be deliberate. It's very boring tbh, but maybe you're getting what you need from it?

I'm seeing people talking about wanting to replace Rennie immediately. After 10 games.

Just now, Gaz said:

Do you think it is really beyond comprehension that a manager can be identified as being hopelessly out of his depth after only a couple of months?

Absolutely not, no.

I do think managers who join a struggling club mid-season, with clear issues with the squad, deserve more than 10 games and a January window to show what they can do before being written off though. Theres plenty of managers who need to build their own squad to have success.

With all due respect you don't have the pleasure of watching us week in week out. He's signed 6 players which is more than half of your starting 11 and we've taken 11 points out of a possible 30. The performances aren't getting any better not even slightly and for all 10 of the games we've played the same formation for the full game regardless of what the score was or how we were playing which shows an extreme lack of adaptability.

He was only signed on a 6 month deal so us talking about next steps isn't exactly groundbreaking news. 

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They won't though. You've appointed a young manager whos been left with a shite, unbalanced, squad, and you've all written him off after 10 games.

Whats that got to do with Rennie, exactly?

You're not just going to magically turn great again overnight, so I've no idea quite how you'll ever be happy if thats what you're expecting.

He signed 6 players to make it more balanced which he hasn’t done in the slightest 🤷‍♂️

And his stubborn 352 is beyond useless, making like for like subs with 5 mins to go summer him up tonight. Did you watch the game? 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

when the manager picks the wrong team, asks a team of absolute scudbooks to try and build from the back despite losing the ball in our half every single time, plays the wrong formation.

Which is common when managers with a "style" take over clubs mid-season. They're just working out whos useful going forward and whos not before they bring in their own men for the next season. 

For all you know hes been told to effectively write off a title challenge so you can be fully prepared and ready to go next season. See who in the squad fits and whos dead weight, spend his first 6 months identifying and approaching players who will fit, and then build for a serious title push in 22/23.

That interview is one of the worst I’ve heard from a Falkirk manager. If that first half was good then I’m incredibly worried.
Also, when asked about the change in formation he basically said we don’t have the players to play a different system, well why not sign the players you need for the system you want to play?

Edited by Tea and Busquets

For all you know hes been told to effectively write off a title challenge so you can be fully prepared and ready to go next season. See who in the squad fits and whos dead weight, spend his first 6 months identifying and approaching players who will fit, and then build for a serious title push in 22/23.

I get this point of view, but he's still come in and brought in half a team of his own players. He also arrived at a point when the play-offs were more than achievable, which if you get into them on a string of form, you can easily get through them and get promoted, especially with how they are set up in the lower leagues. A full-time Falkirk, with the biggest budget in the third tier, basically writing off their season in February, is unacceptable.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Which is common when managers with a "style" take over clubs mid-season. They're just working out whos useful going forward and whos not before they bring in their own men for the next season. 

He’s spunking £1500 a week on a striker ffs, he’s not been told to write anything off. A good manager plays a “style” that suits the players at his disposal so stop talking shite. 

Good to love it when fans of other teams who have not seen us play come and try and tell us how wrong we are to have these opinions.

We’ve got a manager who’s got 1 tactic only and refuses to change from it regardless of the personnel available, his substitutions always make us worse, he’s incapable of changing a game in our favour, the style of play is abysmal, certain players play every week regardless of how they played the week before and our squad is still just as unbalanced as it was before January.

What from that list suggests that we should keep in charge? Why does it make a difference if he’s been at the club 2 months or 2 years when he’s behaving and showing the above traits?