The Falkirk FC Thread

Griffiths getting quite an easy time of it on here tonight - he was a man down when he came on. Great effort from the free kick but he barely moved the entire time he was on the park. We had zero outball. I actually thought we were in the ascendcy to start the half but Kabia going off killed any hope we had of winning. I hope his injury isn't serious because if Griffiths is being asked to give us 90 minutes on Saturday we're in bother.

I struggle to criticise Telfer given we're not playing him in the position he can effect the game the most in behind the strikers. The glaringly obvious reason for that is because we've not strengthened the midfield enough therefore Telfer has to play deeper. Mills gets pass marks for me tonight the only thing he done wrong was the silly tackle for his yellow card. Dixon, Miller and Nesbitt were honking. 

Guest TedCrilly
9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Do we wait until the end of the season or do we try and identify someone for the job now. Granted Rennie will be here until May probably but hopefully the board are discussing potential targets. I also think we may have to look at the full time set up as we truly are scraping the bottom of the full time player barrel and would be better trying to get some of the cream of the part time crop. 

I absolutely hope that behind the scenes we are shaping up the infrastructure for next season and identifying those to take us forward. A hybrid model looks to me as the best strategy in League 1. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Do we wait until the end of the season or do we try and identify someone for the job now. Granted Rennie will be here until May probably but hopefully the board are discussing potential targets. I also think we may have to look at the full time set up as we truly are scraping the bottom of the full time player barrel and would be better trying to get some of the cream of the part time crop. 

The issue with that idea is that the best part time players generally would accept a full time offer if available.

Yes there are well known exceptions like McAllister etc but these guys generally have good jobs/businesses in their local areas. They’re not going to move to the central belt to play part time.

3 minutes ago, Fed up Bairn said:

I think they should act now, get someone in to assess the current squad as soon as possible and clears the decks ahead of next season. The coming season is one  in which the club has to go up. We all have our own thoughts on who the Manager should be or who we would like to see at the club but for me I'd go for Jack Ross.....  I see no point in persisting with current experiment till the end of season. What's to be gained from that! 

Absolutely delusional to think Jack Ross would come and manage us.

We are going nowhere fast. It’s career suicide.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

The issue with that idea is that the best part time players generally would accept a full time offer if available.

Yes there are well known exceptions like McAllister etc but these guys generally have good jobs/businesses in their local areas. They’re not going to move to the central belt to play part time.

I might be oversimplifying here, but surely to the best of the part time players, full time offers will certainly be available? Your not telling me loads of the guys who have effortlessly bodied our FT dross this season wouldn't be able to secure a deal? I imagine most of them are at a glass ceiling of their own choosing, with  the possible exceptions of the really young ones.

Guest TedCrilly
7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Scott Brown was offered a deal with us previously and chose to stay part time. I know St Johnstone prefer to send youth players on loan to part time sides as it allows them to develop their youth in house still. Going hybrid and opening up part-time positions for a handful of players could be the difference IF we recruit wisely.

ETA: it would be interesting to know the PT/FT split when RR used this model or within Airdrie's current squad.

Edited by TedCrilly

5 minutes ago, Fed up Bairn said:

I think they should act now, get someone in to assess the current squad as soon as possible and clears the decks ahead of next season. The coming season is one  in which the club has to go up. We all have our own thoughts on who the Manager should be or who we would like to see at the club but for me I'd go for Jack Ross.....  I see no point in persisting with current experiment till the end of season. What's to be gained from that! 

Not a hope in hell Jack Ross is coming to us when he's just knocked back returning to St. Mirren, who from the outside, are a club on the up.

That was once again brutal. 

Im honestly at the stage where I’m ready to give up my season ticket and just go to the odd game as I please. Really losing interest in this. 
I'm in the same boat, hardly even celebrated the equaliser tonight. Can't see me bothering again this season anyways.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:
39 minutes ago, Rocco said:
That was once again brutal. 

Im honestly at the stage where I’m ready to give up my season ticket and just go to the odd game as I please. Really losing interest in this. 

I'm in the same boat, hardly even celebrated the equaliser tonight. Can't see me bothering again this season anyways.

It’s not a nice place to be. I can see season ticket numbers dropping dramatically next season

Edited by Rocco

Come on, man. I love Jack Ross as much as the next man (maybe even more, he is dreamy) but there's no way in hell he'd consider us, and he's quite right.

Are Falkirk fans serious?

Rennie gets what, 10 games, a January window, and 3 months and they're already discussing replacing him?

It constantly amazes me your fanbase doesn't understand that hounding everyone who comes in if they don't instantly hit the ground running, players and managers, is playing a part in your current position. Honestly feels like theres folk who think you just need to hire a manager and you'll turn into an outfit who can play great football and cruise back through the divisions overnight.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rennie gets what, 10 games, a January window, and 3 months and they're already discussing replacing him?

It constantly amazes me your fanbase doesn't understand that hounding everyone who comes in if they don't instantly hit the ground running, players and managers, is playing a part in your current position. Honestly feels like theres folk who think you just need to hire a manager and you'll turn into an outfit who can play great football and cruise back through the divisions overnight.

I get your point mate but my goodness you would need to see it to believe it. Trust me when I say he is useless! 

We’ve appointed poor manager after poor manager, appoint someone half decent a d they will get the time. 

Edited by Ecosse83

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He’s only here until the end of the season anyway so no hounding required.

Also, have you watched one single second of Falkirk this season?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The constant whining and entitlement is embarrassing. Obviously funny to read but season ticket holders above no coming back because they can't handle it about sums them up.

Pitiful stuff on and off the park.

Get back to us once you’ve watched every game from us over the past four seasons [emoji106]