The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

Was convinced Rennie was a 'trendy' appointment with nothing close to the requirements needed. When your club is in the state we are, left-field just isn't the way to go. 

Was equally convinced Griffiths is a mere shell of the player he was barely 18 months ago. 

We are nothing more than a hostel for the country's poorest full-timers. 

Get the next appointment wrong and we are in real trouble. I'm convinced the BOD will feck it up again as they appear stuck in this 'we're too big for this level' Illusion. 

This 5 year nightmare shows no signs of ending anytime soon. 

It is a 12 year nightmare that is not going to be changed in 12 weeks.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It all comes down to poor recruitment yet again for me. £1.5k a week for an immobile Griffiths yet the defence is still a shambles and the midfield posted missing.

1 good signing out of 6 (same story as the last 5 years) won’t cut it.

The tactics and substitutions are baffling as well.

He’s on more than that from what I’ve been told by a few different people.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The Rennie appointment always looked bizarre.  I said at the time it looked massively dubious. I could see the sense though..it was something different, he was available,  knew the club and was happy taking a short term contract - plus seemed like a nice enough guy. Could have worked out.

It's clear though that he has to go at the end of the season. I reckoned a couple of games ago he should get another window but that would be lunacy.

The new manager search starts from tomorrow. 

I've given all hope that there's anyone at the club able to make a decent appointment when it comes to a manager.  I've no idea what our recruitment format is but appears to be feckin useless.  Really not sure where we go from here really.  We are now firmly established as a mid table league one club . It's going to be a bloody hard sell getting folk to buy season tickets after another couple of months of watching this dross that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Also, we were told a few weeks ago from Rennie that “we need consistency in our line up now”. Never get the same team yet and tonight made 6 changes. Granted you pick up injuries but that surely can’t help.

Can't wait to hear how great the boys were in training this week in the post match interview.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mills and Dowds the only ones with pass marks. 
Please no one ever say Paul Dixon is our best CH ever again. He is done. 
Baffling team selection however I don’t see this squad, no matter how it is juggled being any use. 
Looks like a few injuries too. 

There is a far better team there than what's being served, buck as always falls on the manager.

We are a total mess under him, our corners is about the only thing I can say have improved.

At least M&M gave up the ghost of implementing 3-5-2 when they first arrived, by fuk they could see it wasn't working, that's how far we have sunk 

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

There is a far better team there than what's being served, buck as always falls on the manager.

We are a total mess under him, our corners is about the only thing I can say have improved.

At least M&M gave up the ghost of implementing 3-5-2 when they first arrived, by fuk they could see it wasn't working, that's how far we have sunk 

The way we're going, the early days of M&M will soon be regarded as the halcyon days... 

20 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Peterhead badly need a striker but your team play pretty attractive football. I thought Brown strolled it at centre half tonight considering he’s a centre mid and if we go hybrid I’d hope we were sniffing about him.

Peterhead are a better side than their position suggests, they were far better than us on Saturday. You are spot on though they lack a clinical edge, if they had McAllister from a few years back they'd be up around 4th. Not surprised at all to hear that they were better than Falkirk tonight.

Post match interview bingo:

Rennie:
"Peterhead are a good side who showed it against Airdrie"
"The team will take time to settle and we haven't been helped by injury"
"Players picking up knocks and others coming back"
"I wanted to give the others who have been patient a chance tonight"
"I thought we did a lot of things well but lacked quality in the final third"
"We need to get better at taking our chances"

Lewis:
"Martin, I thought we were up against it tonight playing against Peterhead and, at times, the referee!"
"A frustrating night at the office"
"We didn't seem to perform tonight...what do you put that down to"
"Talk us through the changes"
"Here's hoping we can!"