The Falkirk FC Thread

FFS it just gets worse doesn't it?  

It's clear to everyone that the formation hasn't worked for weeks - how can the management not see that?!

Team selection was abysmal.  Gary Miller back in 😂 and that's just the tip of the iceberg.  

I only had the commentary on for the last 15mins thankfully but there's no point moaning about the referee, we were utter sh*t and its time FTV asked Rennie some of the obvious questions. Starting with "WTF were you thinking tonight Martin"

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We've talked a lot on here about needing another midfielder. It hasn't happened and tonight we had to watch another absolute travesty with Gary cani pass Miller and Aidan gone missing Nesbitt.

Thing is, while we're crying out for one, we could probably just about get away without another midfielder if we actually played a formation that suited the players we have.  5 at the back and like for like subs is just ridiculous.  Jacobs on the bench!  You really couldn't make it up.  

Mills and Dowds the only ones with pass marks. 
Please no one ever say Paul Dixon is our best CH ever again. He is done. 
Baffling team selection however I don’t see this squad, no matter how it is juggled being any use. 
Looks like a few injuries too. 

Guest TedCrilly

Peterhead badly need a striker but your team play pretty attractive football. I thought Brown strolled it at centre half tonight considering he’s a centre mid and if we go hybrid I’d hope we were sniffing about him.

Edited by TedCrilly

The Rennie appointment always looked bizarre.  I said at the time it looked massively dubious. I could see the sense though..it was something different, he was available,  knew the club and was happy taking a short term contract - plus seemed like a nice enough guy. Could have worked out.

It's clear though that he has to go at the end of the season. I reckoned a couple of games ago he should get another window but that would be lunacy.

The new manager search starts from tomorrow. 

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Look at those stats!  

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 21.55.37.png

We don’t have the players to dominate a game. It’s absolutely ridiculous given our budget. To not add a player of this mould in during January is criminal.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mills and Dowds the only ones with pass marks. 
Please no one ever say Paul Dixon is our best CH ever again. He is done. 
Baffling team selection however I don’t see this squad, no matter how it is juggled being any use. 
Looks like a few injuries too. 

I agree, thought Mills looked comfortable on the ball and seemed the only one of our back 5 not to panic when the ball came near him. Dowds put himself about but got nothing from the ref who was abysmal for both sides and made some bizarre decisions.

Absolute pathetic again. That’s me done with this manager. An idiot who refuses to tactically change the team when it’s evident to a blind man it’s not working and he stands there like a cardboard cutout. Pushing for a goal and we have one more defender than needed. It’s an experiment that, IMO, was never going to work. I said at the time we needed a manager like Houston who could strip the paint off the walls but no we hire a guy who looks like he got his badges playing football manager. Another new manager required. Maybe they’ll get the next one right….

Edited by Tea and Busquets

Was convinced Rennie was a 'trendy' appointment with nothing close to the requirements needed. When your club is in the state we are, left-field just isn't the way to go. 

Was equally convinced Griffiths is a mere shell of the player he was barely 18 months ago. 

We are nothing more than a hostel for the country's poorest full-timers. 

Get the next appointment wrong and we are in real trouble. I'm convinced the BOD will feck it up again as they appear stuck in this 'we're too big for this level' Illusion. 

This 5 year nightmare shows no signs of ending anytime soon.