The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am suggesting the two full backs can’t 

The hole in the centre is more of a concern for me, the amount of times teams just waltz right through us is shockingly easy.

We had a rigid flat 5 on Saturday and two cove attackers were causing havoc through the middle easily, if it wasn't for Mutch we would've lost by a much bigger margin. The balance between each department is way off, no surprise when you have more than half yer team defending.

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Having 5 at the back with the 2 wing backs is perfectly feasible if they actually could defend when we dont have possession. Effectively it turns into a back 4 and a middle 4 dependent on what side of the pitch the play is on. The problem with our lot is that they are continually thinking either as a defender (both useless) or an attacker (both reasonable). However, they dont have the guile to understand how the play is progressing, ultimately being out of position half the time. Essentially we play as a 5-3-2 or 3-3-5 formation.

Our big issue in reality is the midfield. Made up of midgets and no real "Baptie" type player to mix it when it comes to to the rough and tumble. The number of second balls won by the opposing team and space given to them as we track back (slowly) is ridiculous. This is the real area of concern as it effects both forwards and defence, as there is no real ball winner in there or a link between back to front. 

On that basis and with the players we have, I would go for a 4-4-2 to try and shore up the middle. Nothing fancy, just get the job done.  A diamond in the middle with either Kabia or Dowds supporting the front 2, Telfer on one side of the diamond and A.N.Other on the other side. The last point of the diamond in front of defence is where we need someone half decent that we currently don't have.

I think with that we would give the other teams defences something to consider and they wouldnt push up so high on us, due to the possibility of Kabia getting in behind with his pace. 

My only concern is that our defence like to throw the ball in the net with hoofs over the top !

In saying that, I think MR will stick with the formation he has used in past weeks. It's OK against teams who like to sit back and allow us to play, but absolutley useless against teams who have figured out how crap we are.

Every Falkirk Fan seems to echo your comment re para 2. ( even opposition fans see it as so obvious). Why does your management team not see it? You cant tell me there is not such a player available in the loan market , particularly with your resources? So must be management team have a different view?

4 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Every Falkirk Fan seems to echo your comment re para 2. ( even opposition fans see it as so obvious). Why does your management team not see it? You cant tell me there is not such a player available in the loan market , particularly with your resources? So must be management team have a different view?

Because so far they’ve come with a very rigid plan of how we should play. Our 3 wins have come despite that formation, not because of it. If adaptations aren’t made soon then the tide will turn quickly

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

The hole in the centre is more of a concern for me, the amount of times teams just waltz right through us is shockingly easy.

We had a rigid flat 5 on Saturday and two cove attackers were causing havoc through the middle easily, if it wasn't for Mutch we would've lost by a much bigger margin. The balance between each department is way off, no surprise when you have more than half yer team defending.

But if you have 2 fullbacks who are not the greatest defenders you need to play 3 CH’s 

Edited by Back Post Misses

When you’re as shite and desperate as we are, but you have 3 strikers with the talent of Griffiths, Kabila and Dowds, I think you try your best to fit them all in. I can see why he doesn’t, but still very disappointed. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Glad to see Kabia back in for Griffiths. Thought we missed his movement quite a bit at the weekend and he done well in the small portion we seen of him, probably the only bright spot of the game. 

I do think that it’s going to be a 3/5 with Miller in the middle as opposed to what others have suggested. Fancy us to get the job done tonight, fingers crossed we actually manage it.