The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Teller will be in the championship at least next season unlike the vast majority of the squad

Your not the same poster that said Scott Shepherd will have his pick of about 10 teams are you ? 

He has more talent than anyone in this league but has the heart of a mouse unfortunately and that's why he's playing for a side midtable in league one.

Dylan Easton is the most technically talented player in this league, streets ahead of Telfer.

Agree with Ted Crilly, Telfer is being overestimated in what he’s capable of. There’s a reason he’s at us, in mid table at League One.

15 hours ago, Springfield said:

Telfer should be playing in our top league. He’s playing with us for a reason or three, attitude application and desire. 

Really poor take here imo, telfer has ran more than anyone in our team in recent games I would wager, desire has been phenomenal.

I'd only echo what other posters have said already

Technically he has stepped up a level this season and always looked to get on the ball and has done a power of running in any game I have seen. It isn't his fault Sheerin played him too deep, signed a shit defence to play behind him and rank strikers to try and hit.

He's never going to be a physical presence or a ball winner so if we can get these players around him he will thrive.

Adding Dowds/ Kabia/ Griffiths has already given him strikers with much more intelligent movement so I'd be looking for him to kick on again for the rest of the season

Telfer isn’t all that, probably a brilliant five a sides player. He’s been with us the full time we have been in league one and we’ve been rotten in that time. He’s shown up well in a handful of games, probably his best spell under Miller and McCracken. If a championship team were to pick him up it would be purely for his name rather than his performances for us. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He is one of these players that require players around him to be effective.

Couple of midfield battlers beside him would make all the difference.

Possibly 

Telfer has 2 assists per season for the last 2 seasons - 5 so far this season. 3 Goals this season with 4 in each previous season. Small numbers for a guy who'd be in the country's top league if not for us (Lol). Someone like Morrison is a far more important player to us than Telfer has ever been.

1 hour ago, sick boy said:

Really poor take here imo, telfer has ran more than anyone in our team in recent games I would wager, desire has been phenomenal.

Probably been the first time he has been fully fit since joining us. I'd like to see him in the centre with Jacobs as part of a four mid, at the moment far to much is being asked of our mid 3, Saturday especially.

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Telfer has 2 assists per season for the last 2 seasons - 5 so far this season. 3 Goals this season with 4 in each previous season. Small numbers for a guy who'd be in the country's top league if not for us (Lol). Someone like Morrison is a far more important player to us than Telfer has ever been.

Take away Morrison's pace and you don't have a lot to play with.

He will have a purple patch when everything is going for him but previously afore injury nothing was.

Important player for us at this level all the same

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Take away Morrison's pace and you don't have a lot to play with.

He will have a purple patch when everything is going for him but previously afore injury nothing was.

Important player for us at this level all the same

Think that's harsh, when he has any sort of confidence I think he's an effective player for us. When he's low in confidence however (like the last few months) his game goes to pot

13 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. You have still not sorted your midfield and if you try to play thro that midfield that is madness. Also midfield imo is Peterhead’s strongest area of the team  with Brown there. Therefore I cant see there being any change,  ie another  loss.  Hope i am wrong , as want them no further  away from us after tomorrow’s game!

Agree with you fully that midfield is our strongest area but the defence are strong when balls are pumped up the park and the ball dropping in front of them they will mop these up all day. We tend to dominate possession in most games but cannot score we lack the firepower up front. Where we lose games is when teams go back to front over the top and start turning our defence, milk has turned quicker 🙈 think tonight will be an interesting game and a game we cannot afford to lose, we may end up going 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 with the view to not losing the game and hope we can hit you on the break. Unfortunately I cannot make the game tonight due to work commitments so here's to a good game and will watch the highlights with eager anticipation 😂

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

was injured for one of them seasons

On 20/02/2022 at 13:32, Shadwell Dog said:

and more money floating about.

Is there though? I would be genuinely interested in finding out the answer but I would really doubt that there actually is.

Money is spread thinly as a consequence and the overall result is a diluted quality of product across the leagues to which you have already mentioned. 

Sure, it's more expensive to get into games but crowds are surely down across the board and have been declining for the best part of 30 years. 

When the line-up is announced tonight, the clearest thing I want to see from it that the 3 CB’s idea has been firmly booted. I really, really want Rennie to succeed, but it won’t say a lot for his judgement if he persists with something that isn’t working. Also want to see Griff, Kabia and Dowds all starting. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76