The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Midfield is muck. And so is rennie. Playing out from the back against Guff like cove. Time and time again. Can f**k off. Season is over. Refusing to actually ATTACK. PURE PISH AS USUAL 

Punting the ball up the park doesn’t actually mean you’re attacking!

I‘ll say it again. When multiple managers and a horde of players all come into the club and look bad, it might be the structure thats at fault. I‘d give any plan a two year window right now, because continually changing everything is guaranteeing failure.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I‘ll say it again. When multiple managers and a horde of players all come into the club and look bad, it might be the structure thats at fault. I‘d give any plan a two year window right now, because continually changing everything is guaranteeing failure.

Poor decision making at the top has definitely been the crux of the problem. The recruitment has been the main issue. The bod recruiting the wrong managers and wrong dof who then recruit the wrong players and it goes on and infinitum. Until our recruitment processes improve markedly we won't go anywhere and that has been the main issue behind our collapse from being 7th in the top flight to 5th in league one. It has to change .

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The only way I can see it done is with a high profile manager. Because with that the players required will sign because of the individuals standing in the game buying into the regeneration of the club and their vision.

This.

I said this once before on here and got laughed at.

However, I was totally in favour of the Rennie appointment, basing it on nothing more than what I had read about him on Wikipedia, him being able to turn a team's fortunes around very quickly (and which has since been heavily amended in the interim, I may add). We're certainly seeing no sign of that skill set at Falkirk. In fact, I think Martin Rennie is turning out to be a bit of a Tinder date in that he promised more than he can deliver.

Reality - 9GAG

So, I'm back to hoping that we can get some high profile manager to come in and turn our fortunes around. As with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

10 hours ago, some_guy said:

It's clear that MR has a philosophy of how football should be played, its exactly this philosophy that makes the EPL and European football so entertaining- its also the philosophy that makes Scottish football so shit to watch because they players are not talented enough to play in the same manner.

Sorry to intrude, but this is fucking bollocks.

The only reason people find the EPL or Champs League so "entertaining" is because they are constantly beat over the head about how great it is.

Football is class because it can involve two teams with dramatically different styles. Total football doesnt exist and therefore the perceived lack of quality in Scottish football shouldnt have much baring on how entertaining it is.

Scottish football isnt less entertaining because Man City's goalkeeper can pass it out from the back. Give me SPFL over EPL every day of the fucking week.

I’m also tired of reading how we are lumbered with pish that we can’t get a tune out of. We have both a core of 12-13 guys who should be going toe to toe with the 11 we were up against today, and also enough time/money for a management team to have made enough changes for us to be competitive today. We weren’t. 

Edited by bairn88

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I’m also tired of reading how we are lumbered with pish that we can’t get a tune out of. We have both a core of 12-13 guys who should be going toe to toe with the 11 we were up against today, and also enough time/money for a management team to have made enough changes for us to be competitive today. We weren’t. 

Totally agree, listened to Watson’s post match interview, at least he apologised in his opening line. However sick of hearing “we’ve had a great weeks training” couldn’t really give two Fcks as it never materialises on a Saturday, and just confirms that the many of players just going through the motions.

He also acknowledged that the whole performance was shite. For me Tuesday is now critical anything less than a win will almost confirm our season end.

Said it before & I will say it again - the 6 month deal, unless he insisted on it - makes no sense.

It's the kind of contract you give to Roy Hodgson (safe pair of hands) or Big Sam (last gasp desperation fire fighter ) , Rennie is neither.

Even if we scrape the play offs we are not good enough to go up so it's all about next season.

There has to be a sound plan for the next 2 seasons at least with a coaching staff locked in and committed. I have no idea about why MR has a 6 month contract and the thinking behind it but it seems strange to me.     

14 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Said it before & I will say it again - the 6 month deal, unless he insisted on it - makes no sense.

It's the kind of contract you give to Roy Hodgson (safe pair of hands) or Big Sam (last gasp desperation fire fighter ) , Rennie is neither.

Even if we scrape the play offs we are not good enough to go up so it's all about next season.

There has to be a sound plan for the next 2 seasons at least with a coaching staff locked in and committed. I have no idea about why MR has a 6 month contract and the thinking behind it but it seems strange to me.     

Might it be that it was all that we could afford? We've had to shell out to get rid of Hartley, McKinnon, M & M, and Holt, Sheerin and Grainger, maybe the biscuit tin is empty? And with the previous track record of managerial recruitment, perhaps the new board didn't want to get stuck with a similar scenario of paying off a failed manager who was on a 2 year + contract?

17 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Guessing the six months (as reported) suited both Rennie and the new BOD. I’m sure that the aim is to get up this season, but should we fail there’s a plan B for next season, whatever the hell that constitutes……

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

He was a left field appointment but a relief for many of us rather than ANY of the candidates that were being mentioned.
Who did you have in mind that would definitely have come in and did better?…and who is available just now that you think will do better? I certainly can’t think of anyone,.,

Ian Murray would have been the obvious choice 

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Sorry to intrude, but this is fucking bollocks.

The only reason people find the EPL or Champs League so "entertaining" is because they are constantly beat over the head about how great it is.

Football is class because it can involve two teams with dramatically different styles. Total football doesnt exist and therefore the perceived lack of quality in Scottish football shouldnt have much baring on how entertaining it is.

Scottish football isnt less entertaining because Man City's goalkeeper can pass it out from the back. Give me SPFL over EPL every day of the fucking week.

I am no fan of the EPL but was persuaded to go to Anfield yesterday to watch Liverpool. 
Sorry but it was like watching a different game than we watch in Scotland. 
Quick incisive passing, from both sides I may add, athletic players, brave on the ball and style and structure to the game that was easy on the eye.
Not going become a Liverpool fan anytime soon but bloody hell it was a great watch. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

As I said before I didn’t see yesterday but just like I wasn’t getting too excited after the Alloa game this is not going to throw me the other way either. 
I would rather make a judgement in 4/5 games time.
Having said that I would like to see us go to 4-3-3 and get the three strikers into the team and somehow get a midfielder in this week. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

As I said before I didn’t see yesterday but just like I wasn’t getting too excited after the Alloa game this is not going to throw me the other way either. 
I would rather make a judgement in 4/5 games time.
Having said that I would like to see us go to 4-3-3 and get the three strikers into the team and somehow get a midfielder in this week. 

From what we’ve assembled don’t think your last paragraph is to far off what we need.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Because he's a  gamble the bod of an appointment. I know all management apps are but this one more than most I'd say.How many previous management teams have we locked into longer term deals and ended up paying them off 6 to 12 months in.  6 months is more than enough to see whether he's got it in the locker to be the permanent manager or not. At the moment I'm happy it's 6 months as we've seen little so far to say the answer is yes.  After signing half a new team including a striker on a fortune we should be able to stick a team on the park that can compete with cove and give us a sniff in the playoffs come may. That just hasn't happened at the moment.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I really dont know where we go from here! I am fed up watching the same old crap every week.

I am on brink of losing hope, i look at Sunderland in England and they are just as bad and nothing seems to change for them either.

Can anyone offer some hope?

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am no fan of the EPL but was persuaded to go to Anfield yesterday to watch Liverpool. 
Sorry but it was like watching a different game than we watch in Scotland. 
Quick incisive passed, from both sides I may add, athletic players, brave on the ball and style and structure to the game that was easy on the eye.
Not going become a Liverpool fan anytime soon but bloody hell it was a great watch. 

Exactly anyone that thinks the Spfl is a better product needs their bloody eyes tested.  

5 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I really dont know where we go from here! I am fed up watching the same old crap every week.

I am on brink of losing hope, i look at Sunderland in England and they are just as bad and nothing seems to change for them either.

Can anyone offer some hope?

Sunderland is indeed a carbon copy somewhat of our position all be it on a larger scale. Clueless bods bringing in dreadful managers and recruiting awful players. They were sharpish in getting rid of Jack ross but he's made a much better fist of it than anyone since. At least their facing fellow full time sides every week though. I'm with you there is simply no light ever appearing at the end of our tunnel these days. Numerous managers, numerous folk on the bod, a dof , no dof but the result is still the same being unable to compete with part time sides on much smaller budgets. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog