The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Exactly, I’m sick of reading the crap about how we’ll get 4th and with the right results even push Airdrie and Montrose for 3rd or even 2nd.

4th is still possible but anyone saying anything better is either drunk or stupid.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don't fully know how I feel about Rennie yet, but that today was brutal and the period where he 'can't be fully judged' is over, if it wasn't already. I know he has his hands tied to a certain extent by the shite that was signed by the previous regime, but he has signed half a team worth of players. He also doesn't help himself persisting with 5 at the back with the tippy-tappy pish at the back even at 2-0 down when it clearly isn't working - especially with folk like McKay and ATS, who aren't cut out for that at all. Bringing Hetherington back in was fucking criminal and dropping Kabia was also highly questionable.

Our season will end by either petering out to finish 5-6th or stumbling into 4th, only to get completely ridden by whoever finishes 9th in the Championship over two legs. Depressing times.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If Falkirk get 13 - 16 points between now and the end of the season they will have done well. Hard to accept but if the club is to dig itself out of its own hole that harsh reality has to be faced.

Our problem is that nobody of the required quality will look at us due to the player and manager turnover as we ain't seen as a reliable employer.

With the exception of 4 - 5 players the rest have to go at the end of the season.

The focus has to be how does the club persuade the right quality of player to sign for us. If we can't then the mistakes of the last 4 seasons will be repeated.

The only way I can see it done is with a high profile manager. Because with that the players required will sign because of the individuals standing in the game buying into the regeneration of the club and their vision.

Will be a hard sell but this is the only way to go.

I’ve no idea how we pick the club up, there’s not one supporter out there tonight who’s seriously not Fck….  hurting about how low we’ve fallen. Me? I’ve tried to keep positive throughout the recent management change, but after todays result it’s just another fcked Saturday night which is the normal for Falkirk.

Posted earlier that you only get what you pay for, so unless we find a very wealthy Falkirk fan who’s prepared to bank roll some decent signings, we’re stuck in the lowlands for god knows how long. We’re seen as a basket club by many and this new BOD has some bloody job on pulling us out the gutter.

Yes the fans initiative will help but until we reach a vastly improved number it’s pocket money at best.

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

4th is still possible but anyone saying anything better is either drunk or stupid.

I don't think it is. AGPar gave the stats. To be 4th we'd need to beat a couple of the competent sides. We are nowhere near being capable of that.

Was surprised how many fans seemed to be impressed by Rennie based on absolutely nothing early on. 

'I like the way he talks'.. 'he erm went to school here '.. 'He's been to America, and not just Disneyland'

If he keeps us up and performances show some improvement I'd give him til Christmas but wouldn't shed a tear if he was emptied. We need a lot better than Rennie in charge imo.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

55 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It makes no sense for either party to have him here if he isn’t an improvement on Brad McKay (which wouldn’t be difficult).

ATS doesn’t look good enough and Watson hasn’t really improved the organisation of the defence either.

ATS is one of the worst defenders I have seen in my time following Falkirk. What a fucking Jessie of a player.

If anything positive can come out of today, surely it can put the suggestion some were making - that Brad McKay might be anywhere near good enough - to bed. He is absolutely gantin and when the majority of the squad is inevitably catapulted, he should be front of the queue.

I don't think it is. AGPar gave the stats. To be 4th we'd need to beat a couple of the competent sides. We are nowhere near being capable of that.
Was surprised how many fans seemed to be impressed by Rennie based on absolutely nothing early on. 
'I like the way he talks'.. 'he erm went to school here '.. 'He's been to America, and not just Disneyland'
If he keeps us up and performances show some improvement I'd give him til Christmas but wouldn't shed a tear if he was emptied. We need a lot better than Rennie in charge imo.

He was a left field appointment but a relief for many of us rather than ANY of the candidates that were being mentioned.
Who did you have in mind that would definitely have come in and did better?…and who is available just now that you think will do better? I certainly can’t think of anyone,.,

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’ve no idea how we pick the club up, there’s not one supporter out there tonight who’s seriously not Fck….  hurting about how low we’ve fallen. Me? I’ve tried to keep positive throughout the recent management change, but after todays result it’s just another fcked Saturday night which is the normal for Falkirk.

Posted earlier that you only get what you pay for, so unless we find a very wealthy Falkirk fan who’s prepared to bank roll some decent signings, we’re stuck in the lowlands for god knows how long. We’re seen as a basket club by many and this new BOD has some bloody job on pulling us out the gutter.

Yes the fans initiative will help but until we reach a vastly improved number it’s pocket money at best.

We've already got the biggest budget in the league especially now that Griffith's is here.  It's the way it's being spent.It isn't the budget that's the issue it's one window after another of dreadful signings . We can't keep getting the majority of signings in a window wrong.  We must have the worst player recruitment record in Scottish football.

The mess we are in is not down to Rennie as we all know the muck he was left with. For me there have been signs of improvement (scoring more goals and slightly better recruitment) but he can’t escape criticism just because he was left a mess. 

Building from the back when your CB’s are brutal and we continually get picked off in our own half?

3-5-2?

Brad fucking McKay? I still don’t get the thinking behind bringing a young boy up on loan the day before the Montrose game and throwing him in the next day then he doesn’t feature in the next 3 games whilst that bombscare continues to lose every ball in the air, pass to our GK or pass to them?

Bringing Stevie Hetherington back at the earliest possible opportunity only for him to be worse than before.

Not having Kabia in the team today was simply a terrible managerial decision.

I think he ultimately could do well but these are warning signs IMO.

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

The mess we are in is not down to Rennie as we all know the muck he was left with. For me there have been signs of improvement (scoring more goals and slightly better recruitment) but he can’t escape criticism just because he was left a mess. 

Building from the back when your CB’s are brutal and we continually get picked off in our own half?

3-5-2?

Brad fucking McKay? I still don’t get the thinking behind bringing a young boy up on loan the day before the Montrose game and throwing him in the next day then he doesn’t feature in the next 3 games whilst that bombscare continues to lose every ball in the air, pass to our GK or pass to them?

Bringing Stevie Hetherington back at the earliest possible opportunity only for him to be worse than before.

Not having Kabia in the team today was simply a terrible managerial decision.

I think he ultimately could do well but these are warning signs IMO.

The jury's still out on recruitment too.  ATS is honking, the young lad can't get past Brad fecking Mackay, Jacobs looks ok if nothing special, Watson is Watson,  kabia looks a class act and it's difficult to tell with Griffiths with the lack of service up top but with the money he's getting he needs to be decent. 

I think every Falkirk fan knows there is not a hope that the current squad are in anyway capable of getting into the playoffs let alone winning promotion via them. That group of players are a million miles away from being good enough. No point going over old ground, who to blame etc, been covered in hundreds of pages on here and waste of time going over the same old over and over. As for the current manager, left field apt and 3 wins in 8 games says it all. The results & League table do not lie. I read that some think there has been marginal improvement, I would disagree. Its no better!! Most will no doubt disagree but Rennie was wrong apt, look at performances and results. Personally I'd go and and get Jack Ross, tell him he has the rest of season to access who he wants to keep, (it won't take that long), and to start targeting the players to get us out of this League next season before p/time football returns to the club and the inevitable cost cutting as well. Sad to see the mess the club is in and has been for a number of years and we're now in last chance saloon to get it right. As I said all about opinions, can only give my thoughts but at the moment we are season after season slipping further from where we want to be.

12 minutes ago, Fed up Bairn said:

I think every Falkirk fan knows there is not a hope that the current squad are in anyway capable of getting into the playoffs let alone winning promotion via them. That group of players are a million miles away from being good enough. No point going over old ground, who to blame etc, been covered in hundreds of pages on here and waste of time going over the same old over and over. As for the current manager, left field apt and 3 wins in 8 games says it all. The results & League table do not lie. I read that some think there has been marginal improvement, I would disagree. Its no better!! Most will no doubt disagree but Rennie was wrong apt, look at performances and results. Personally I'd go and and get Jack Ross, tell him he has the rest of season to access who he wants to keep, (it won't take that long), and to start targeting the players to get us out of this League next season before p/time football returns to the club and the inevitable cost cutting as well. Sad to see the mess the club is in and has been for a number of years and we're now in last chance saloon to get it right. As I said all about opinions, can only give my thoughts but at the moment we are season after season slipping further from where we want to be.

Was with a few fans in the granite city last night, coincidentally the same name was brought up. No axe to grind with the current managers but serious questions over why we dropped our best player today and start with a midfield that was so sore to watch, someone mentioned the young CB we’ve brought to the club, questions over why we play him for one game and dropped since.