The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone who was at Montrose a couple of weeks ago won’t have been surprised at what we saw today.
Quite simply, if you do anything but lie down to us, we will not win the game. It’s been the same problem for around 4 years. Incredible 

Aye that was a carbon copy of our performance against Montrose just playing against a better team.

The gulf in quality between Cove and us is fucking embarrassing.

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Completely unsurprising result despite the sickening levels of spin a number of people have been trying to put on the team since the change in board.

3 wins in 8 for Rennie is garbage. Near enough a quarter of a season. I expect we'll win the next two and still have a shot at fourth but can we stop kidding on that Rennie has magically transformed us into the second coming of 2011 Barcelona?

To be fair, he's mostly saddled with the signings of previous regimes, but hasn't helped himself by struggling to get them organised to the point where they don't ship goals, keep clean sheets & give a solid base to move forward.

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

rennie needs to not do a sheerin and be so inflexible. he has 2 easier games coming up so might persist and get results.

You've inadvertently summed up a part of the problem right there. 

"Easier games" "Winnable games". We're in League One. Every single game, home and away, irrespective of opposition, should be regarded as a perfectly winnable game for a team with our budget and resources. If not, just shut the doors.

Games against the likes of East Fife or Peterhead are really no longer any barometer to progress - if they ever were. We were taking the majority of points against them without too many problems under the previous three managers. I'll be judging Rennie on what his team does against CR, Airdrie, Montrose and QP. That's where a massive, massive improvement is required. He so far has 1 point from an available 12. Nowhere near good enough.

Winning the next two games then stinking the place out at home to Airdrie is an entirely predictable outcome.

42 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Completely unsurprising result despite the sickening levels of spin a number of people have been trying to put on the team since the change in board.

3 wins in 8 for Rennie is garbage. Near enough a quarter of a season. I expect we'll win the next two and still have a shot at fourth but can we stop kidding on that Rennie has magically transformed us into the second coming of 2011 Barcelona?

He never was going to be with the shambles left behind by the previous regime. 

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Every manager in the world has a philosophy of how football should be played

Every fan in the world has a philosophy of how football should be played, but haven't been indoctrinated with the single vision instilled at Largs.

Guest TedCrilly
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I agree but with the level of investment and having the luxury to bring in 6 of his own players we should be far more competitive than we are showing.

Edited by TedCrilly

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And he never will be starting dross like Hetherington & Mckay. Also all his own doing sticking to the 5 at the back every minute of every game.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

And he never will be starting dross like Hetherington & Mckay. Also all his own doing sticking to the 5 at the back every minute of every game.

Hopefully won’t see MCKay again. I assume Hetherington played to try and get us more solid. Looks like it failed 

39 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You've inadvertently summed up a part of the problem right there. 

"Easier games" "Winnable games". We're in League One. Every single game, home and away, irrespective of opposition, should be regarded as a perfectly winnable game for a team with our budget and resources. If not, just shut the doors.

Games against the likes of East Fife or Peterhead are really no longer any barometer to progress - if they ever were. We were taking the majority of points against them without too many problems under the previous three managers. I'll be judging Rennie on what his team does against CR, Airdrie, Montrose and QP. That's where a massive, massive improvement is required. He so far has 1 point from an available 12. Nowhere near good enough.

Winning the next two games then stinking the place out at home to Airdrie is an entirely predictable outcome.

I agree

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At least we'd be entertained. This Mackay , hetherington and mcguffie love in I'd horrible to view.

Unpopular opinion but I thought Mcguffie was actually one of our better players when he came on today. Actually looked to play football as opposed to hoofball. For me use the Mckay red card to change it up next week and go with the below. Would obviously be easier if Morrison wasn't out injured. Get Telfer further up the park and allow Jacobs to sit and anchor the midfield.

Mutch
Williamson Watson Dixon Mccann
Jacobs
Mcguffie Telfer Kabia
Dowds Griffiths

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Unpopular opinion but I thought Mcguffie was actually one of our better players when he came on today. Actually looked to play football as opposed to hoofball. For me use the Mckay red card to change it up next week and go with the below. Would obviously be easier if Morrison wasn't out injured. Get Telfer further up the park and allow Jacobs to sit and anchor the midfield.

Mutch
Williamson Watson Dixon Mccann
Jacobs
Mcguffie Telfer Kabia
Dowds Griffiths

We certainly need to get back to a 442.

We dont have wingers for a 442. A 4 at the back needs to be a 4 3 3 IMO for us, or a 4231 at a push but I dont like that option.

Obvious back 4 and obvious 3 up top for a 433, but Jacobs, Telfer and a n other out of whats left doesnt inspire huge confidence.

We have 2 full backs capable in the forward areas, but it seems MR doesnt trust them (or trust the cover from midfield and at CH) to get up the park on a regular basis to provide the necessary width.

We are short of players for every formation you can think of.

36 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Time to accept we will concede goals and set up to score as many as we can and win 5-4 every week 😂

4132 for the rest of the season 

We took 2 pts off QP today- have to say they are not that great. Actually think you guys were better against us.

But as you all know, and  even Stevie Wonder could see that  your midfield isn't good enough- You cant win games of football against the better teams with a midfield that can be easily dominated. Just be our luck that you sort it for Saturday.

Rennie has had 2 main objectives left this season. 

1. Reach the playoffs

2. Win the playoffs

I believe he has done enough to set us on course for the first of these. If we were to continue beating the teams under us, hold QP, and lose to the top 3 we would make 4th.

The issue I have though is there is nothing here to show we can win a playoff if we continually lose to the other teams occupying the positions. There's a week or so left to get loan players in, it would be some terrible management not to pull something off. 

15 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Rennie has had 2 main objectives left this season. 

1. Reach the playoffs

2. Win the playoffs

I believe he has done enough to set us on course for the first of these. If we were to continue beating the teams under us, hold QP, and lose to the top 3 we would make 4th.

The issue I have though is there is nothing here to show we can win a playoff if we continually lose to the other teams occupying the positions. There's a week or so left to get loan players in, it would be some terrible management not to pull something off. 

It’s hard to imagine the 9th place Championship doing anything other than battering us.  We most certainly are not “on the up”, and in L1, we have failed to win back to back games at any point in the season……an utter joke of a statistic for a full time club. Simply horrendous.