The Falkirk FC Thread

Lack of a plan B is quite worrying. Rennie needs some time but I hope he’s not going to be extremely stubborn in how we set up and play. 

He already is though. He’s not got any idea how to change a game and his refusal to change from this formation and style of play that’s not working at all is both infuriating and baffling.

I want to like Rennie. But he’s shown nothing so far that suggests a good football manager. Certain players that are undroppable, same boring and slow style of football each week, refusal to change formation and inability to change a game. Could very easily be talking about Sheerin with that list.

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We lost to the runaway leaders and QP dropped points against the bottom of the table side. We're ahead of where we'd have expected to be at 1pm today imo.

The main issue though is that we are looking no more likely to hit form or trouble any of the sides above us than we were before the transfer window.  We were awful today.  This wasn't an unlucky defeat we were well beaten. 

Expected better than that dreadful performance.

Hetherington, ATS and McKay simply nowhere near good enough.

3-5-2 formation not working, time to think about changing style.

Playing out from the back is a recipe for trouble when some of those players second touch is a tackle.

Desperately need a commanding midfielder.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

He already is though. He’s not got any idea how to change a game and his refusal to change from this formation and style of play that’s not working at all is both infuriating and baffling.

I want to like Rennie. But he’s shown nothing so far that suggests a good football manager. Certain players that are undroppable, same boring and slow style of football each week, refusal to change formation and inability to change a game. Could very easily be talking about Sheerin with that list.

Not only are certain players undroppable but he actually dropped Kabia after looking by far our best player the previous game. Baffling.

Just the usual rubbish from us today. Midfield poster missing, created nothing and how we still can’t defend after bringing in 3 centre halves and a def beige midfielder I don’t know.

Some of Rennie’s tactical and team selection decisions are baffling as well. The 5 at the back doesn’t work, and it was crazy starting Hetherington and dropping Kabia.

Griffiths doesn’t look like he’ll be contributing much anytime soon if at all either tbh.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Just the usual rubbish from us today. Midfield poster missing, created nothing and how we still can’t defend after bringing in 3 centre halves and a def beige midfielder I don’t know.

Some of Rennie’s tactical and team selection decisions are baffling as well. The 5 at the back doesn’t work, and it was crazy starting Hetherington and dropping Kabia.

Griffiths doesn’t look like he’ll be contributing much anytime soon if at all either tbh.

At least the board only went for a 6 month deal for Rennie. Was a gamble but deanss mob would've had him signed up on a 3 year deal by now.

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

This even when we're 2-0 down he refuses to change it. Try something different, take one of your five defenders off and get the team further up the park. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Caractacus Potts

3 games more played and still unable to get more points than our total last season. That is telling in itself. 

Big test today for Rennie which he sadly hasn’t passed. I think this season is a write off now so huge decision on whether we see enough to stick with Rennie or look for an alternative for next season. Can’t make the same mistake as with M and M who actually got 18 points in their first 8 league matches in charge. 

It's clear that MR has a philosophy of how football should be played, its exactly this philosophy that makes the EPL and European football so entertaining- its also the philosophy that makes Scottish football so shit to watch because they players are not talented enough to play in the same manner!  

Midfield were completely dominated, zero supply to the front men and the usual horrific defensive lapses to chuck away goals.

I can definitely see positive signs from Rennie, the signings he's made have definitely been improvements and we have to remember he's straddled to the puddins' that Mr. Holt signed.  I wonder if he only persists with playing McKay as he knows he's stuck with him for the next 2.75 seasons.

We've had more glimmers of hope but stubbornness seems to be a key trait for any of our managerial appointments!  We got on Sheerins back as soon as it was clear that his 4-5-1 formation wasnt working and it was obvious he didn't have the ability to change it, surely the same criticism could be directed towards Rennie?

I hope I'm wrong, I sincerely hope Mr learns from this and sees that there's no point having a plan A, B and C if they all rely on the same shape and style, I hope he isn't as stubborn as previous managers and is able to change things in time.

Really struggling for any positives today, a clearly unfit Griffiths had some nice touches when we actually got the ball to him, but let's face it, we were absolutely honking!

Didn't like the team before kick off. I'd be playing someone like Dixon before mckay every week. or ats come to that. Hetherington has been a massive disappointment since coming to us. Dropping Kabia wasn't right. I'd have gone 442 or even 433 today  couldn't be any worse.

as well as the players and formation, it's the tactics and training. bairnardo hit the nail on the head earlier we don't get the press right and this playing out from the back is an utter mess.

rennie needs to not do a sheerin and be so inflexible. he has 2 easier games coming up so might persist and get results.

Didn't like the team before kick off. I'd be playing someone like Dixon before mckay every week. or ats come to that. Hetherington has been a massive disappointment since coming to us. Dropping Kabia wasn't right. I'd have gone 442 or even 433 today  couldn't be any worse.
as well as the players and formation, it's the tactics and training. bairnardo hit the nail on the head earlier we don't get the press right and this playing out from the back is an utter mess.
rennie needs to not do a sheerin and be so inflexible. he has 2 easier games coming up so might persist and get results.

Was talking to Dixon on sideline and he said rennie didn’t play him as he didn’t want him playing 3 games in a row [emoji854][emoji854]

Utterly inept.

Team selection was wrong - how we can be in February and not have worked out that McKay and Hetherington are hopeless is beyond me. Jaze dropped 🤷🏼‍♂️

Our “build from the back” is embarrassing and needs binned. Sheerin tried to play out through McKay, Hall and Hetherington and failed miserably. Why does Rennie think it might work with McKay, ATS and Hetherington 🤷🏼‍♂️

Out of possession we are miles off anyone. Why do we constantly get dicked by part time teams 🤷🏼‍♂️

Our players are losers and need to get some fight about them. Failures everywhere today.

The only positive was the referee doing what Rennie should’ve done a month ago and putting McKay in the stand. 

3 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Was talking to Dixon on sideline and he said rennie didn’t play him as he didn’t want him playing 3 games in a row emoji854.pngemoji854.png

that's a worry if that's how rennie is working and thinking. a 3 game in a row Dixon in the middle must be a safer option than mackay or ats