The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I would have started Mills, Dixon and Kabia instead of McKay ATS and Griffiths. I think it's very harsh on Kabia and would have preferred Griffiths giving us the last 20 or 30 minutes as I don't think he'll last the whole game.

Griffiths starts every game from now until May without exception.

New manager, same Falkirk. Midfield getting dominated, a Mckay shocker for the goal and Hetherington trying his best to lose the ball at every opportunity.

I'd like to caveat that there's not any replays on Cove TV and I'm a Mckay hater so heavily biased but i'm 90% sure it was Mckay, Megginson ran off for the goal.

We are fucking minging. Again. Our passing, defending and decision making are all absolutely embarrassing. We’ve had 1 good chance early through Telfer and that’s been it really whilst Cove have scored 1 and had 2 or 3 really good chances.

We can’t cope with Fyvies movement up front he constantly finds himself in acres of space between our defenders and if not for poor finishing from him should be more. We’re still so infuriatingly slow building up in possession which combined with our inability to find a team mate for most of that half is a terrible combination.

Was willing to give Hetherington another chance but that was just a bad a 45 minutes as he’s out in this season. Constantly giving the ball away whenever he gets it, slow, weak as f**k and like a man down. Also playing ATS in front of Dixon genuinely makes no fucking sense.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

McGuffie coming on at half time but Kabia stays on the bench. I could greet tbh.

I reckon he's giving Griffiths 60 mins then we'll see Kabia. Obviously expected to try get as much as he can out of Griffiths today then bring on Kabia fresh to run at them.

The absolute state of our ‘press’ btw [emoji23]. Countless times now they play out from the back and it’s not until they get to the half way line that we engage. Nowhere near good enough.
Our press is confused in the same way as our "play out from the back" is.

So much for improvement. People on here creaming themselves over beating alloa. We're no better under rennie now than we were in the middle of Sheerins reign accept we've spent even more money.   Subs hurled on when u go two nil down is School team coaching stuff. Far too late.This was again the litmus test and yet again we're stinking.  Might as well put the tin lid on the season now.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So much for improvement. People on here creaming themselves over beating alloa. We're no better under rennie now than we were in the middle of Sheerins reign accept we've spent even more money.  This was again the litmus test and yet again we're stinking.  Might as well put the tin lid on the season now.

This.

We are dreadful.