The Falkirk FC Thread

Be a strange one starting today then getting punted on loan. 
Not sure if have left kabia on the bench. Boys been playing very well and is extremely unlucky.

You need to start Griffiths and you can’t drop Dowds so it was always going to be Kabia. He’s been very good so far and probably for the first time this season gives us a proper option off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

You need to start Griffiths and you can’t drop Dowds so it was always going to be Kabia. He’s been very good so far and probably for the first time this season gives us a proper option off the bench.

I'd rather we played all 3 to be honest.

Guest TedCrilly
7 minutes ago, Russ said:

Certain games aye but not today. We’d get absolutely ripped apart in midfield.

Agreed. It reminds me of the Nelson, Jakubiak and Longridge dilemma we had with Hartley. 

Incredibly harsh on Kabia. I’d plan to rotate the 3 on form and I didn’t think it was time for Griffiths to dislodge one of the two quite yet!

Edited by TedCrilly

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

Certain games aye but not today. We’d get absolutely ripped apart in midfield.

That'll probably happen anyway with hetherington doing his usual Mr invisible role. Give them more to worry about us than us them. I always prefer to see us playing our best players.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Decent bench with Dixon, Kabia, Nesbitt. Morrison still to come back too.

Not the team I would have started but hopefully produces a result. 

Very interested to see how Griffiths does.

I would have started Mills, Dixon and Kabia instead of McKay ATS and Griffiths. I think it's very harsh on Kabia and would have preferred Griffiths giving us the last 20 or 30 minutes as I don't think he'll last the whole game.

The thought of hetheringron and McKay starting would previously give me the fear.  BM has actually looked passable recently though and hopefully the gaffers can get a tune out of SH, I certainly prefer giving him a chance to starting Miller again.  Harsh on Kabia but will be very useful to have him coming on and using his pace against tired players.  I'm strangely optimistic for this one which is never a good sign haha.

If you have 3 strikers like the ones we have, you really are looking for each of them to contribute every week. One of them will more often that not have to contribute from the bench, but I dont think you are getting 90 out of Griffiths any time soon, and Dowds does tend to burst himself. You can allow for that, or you can tell Kabia to run himself out by 60 mins knowing you have Griffiths to replace him against a tired defence. Its a bit of a luxury situation really.

32 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Hetherington with Jacobs will be interesting. I wondered if this would happen as it gives us a bit of experience in midfield. Hope it works

Hopefully will also allow Telfer to play forward in the final third where he is most effective. He can become a passenger when he’s sitting deep sometimes 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d be fuming if I were Kabia tbh. He’s been excellent since coming in.

On the flip side of that if cove play to a game where they are trying to nullify Griffiths and it works Kabia comes on and they dont know how to deal with him

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
52 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:
Is Morrison injured? He doesn’t seem to have featured for you guys lately.

Aye hes injured again

Thanks, there were rumours he had fallen out with the management team at Falkirk and was coming to us on loan, obviously that was a pile of shite.