The Falkirk FC Thread

It's a two year project to turn this club around, and that's with a fair wind. We're rebuilding from almost scratch, but with so much baggage that needs offloaded and stuff improved. 

Fans are the last line of defence. If we don't get to turn it round, then it's the dodgy agents, no-socked charlatans and unfit, improper types that are left. 

Like the last series of Game of Thrones - you can only be on the side of the living. 

It's a two year project to turn this club around, and that's with a fair wind. We're rebuilding from almost scratch, but with so much baggage that needs offloaded and stuff improved. 
Fans are the last line of defence. If we don't get to turn it round, then it's the dodgy agents, no-socked charlatans and unfit, improper types that are left. 
Like the last series of Game of Thrones - you can only be on the side of the living. 
I will say again supporters THIS IS OUR CHANCE. We either make this club a fan driven club or there is no use complaining. The signings in a January tight window have exceeded my expectations and I know I am not alone. Okay I expect poor results now and again but our new leadership have at least given us hope for the future. Shadwell said we need a proven striker and he was correct but not in anyones wildest dreams did they think we could tempt Leigh Griffiths! Hope it works. If not we refocus and attack next season

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I’d love to listen to this interview. Unfortunately I wouldn’t give Spiers the steam off my shite. 

I subscribe to Spiers' podcast and find it both enjoyable and refreshing mainly because he goes for subjects & guests that the mainstream media usually ignore.   

It hasn't been going long and we have already had 2 podcasts devoted to Falkirk, one starring our very own BPM. He also had the Dunfermline chairman on last week which was a pretty enlightening listen. 

I'd rather not give the BBC or Clyde the steam off my shite with their Old Firm obsessed cretins. 

10 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

The strange thing with the Griffiths situation was if he was a fan in the stands singing his racist nonsense he’d rightly be banned for life but it’s fine for the football clubs to employ a convicted racist and fans to treat him like a hero. I struggle to get my head around people lauding the capture of a man who was messaging school children asking for pictures as some sort of miracle capture. Imagine if it was your child he was messaging or racially abusing.

Get over yourself, you jam gargling p***k. He apologised and was convicted for the earlier stuff, and the Instagram incident turned out to be a false alarm. 

Your club stands beside Livingston as an accelerant of Scottish football’s decay.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Amazing what one result does on here doesn’t it?
I’m definitely in the Rennie camp and think he’s doing a more than decent job already, but you’ve got the usual suspects on here telling us that he’s no better than Sheerin the moment things don’t go 100% to plan.
It’s going to take some time to steady this ship and there’s going to be lows to come alongside the highs.
I just hope the quick fingered give him a chance

It was one result you never saw coming tbh. Especially after that shit show of a first half. You can't keep giving teams a half of a start before you decide to try n turn up. I'm still in the undecided camp on Rennie. 

It was one result you never saw coming tbh. Especially after that shit show of a first half. You can't keep giving teams a half of a start before you decide to try n turn up. I'm still in the undecided camp on Rennie. 
What happened on Tuesday is a lot to do with Rennie and Miller They identified that the problem was Alloa pressing high up the park. They without making subs changed it and Alloa were forced onto the back foot which paid dividends. That's what a good coaching team does

I'm encouraged by the start Rennie has made. Recruitment has been good overall and he's already weeded some of the worst dross from the squad. Whilst some will argue that this wouldn't have been difficult given the shitshow we witnessed under Holt & Sheerin, I'm still optimistic he's taking us very much in the right direction. 

False alarm? I’m sure you’d be saying that if it was your child he was messaging calling a cutie and asking for pictures for goodness sake. He was literally asking a child to send him pictures. If you call that a false alarm then that’s majorly concerning. 

Quite amusing seeing a supporter of a club who signed Griffiths after said incident, now telling another club how wrong they are to sign him….

Guest TedCrilly

On Rennie, I’m really encouraged by him and there are plenty of glimpses within the performances of him gradually turning it around. His recruitment on the whole has been very good, hats off convincing anyone to join our circus.

For now, it’s still feet on the ground time until we beat any of the teams above us in the league. As mentioned earlier, he was never going to turn it around completely given just one window but coming 4th is absolutely achievable considering QP are in a similar mess.

He hints in the Patreon with Speirs that’s there’s still a player to possibly join, fingers crossed that’s the final piece of the puzzle.

Edited by TedCrilly

8 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

What happened on Tuesday is a lot to do with Rennie and Miller They identified that the problem was Alloa pressing high up the park. They without making subs changed it and Alloa were forced onto the back foot which paid dividends. That's what a good coaching team does

A good coaching team gets it right from the start surely not the 46th min. Its not just a one off we've been poor in the majority of first halfs since Rennie came in. Will need to change if we are to best better sides starting at cove. At least a draw there would be progress.

This would be a good point if I wanted Griffiths anywhere near my football club. He is a racist scumbag who was caught asking a child for pictures over the internet. I never wanted him anywhere near Dundee and the fact my club signed him was a complete disgrace. 

The Falkirk fan above, who rightly called him out (in his since deleted post) was bang on the money. I’m not sure what songs [mention=82236]TedCrilly[/mention] was referring to but knowing what young teams are like, not solely a Falkirk issue, I can quite imagine. 
Just as thrilling as the rest of your many posts on the subject. Im sure by now you must feel that you have exhausted your point and presumably, can f**k off?

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
29 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

This would be a good point if I wanted Griffiths anywhere near my football club. He is a racist scumbag who was caught asking a child for pictures over the internet. I never wanted him anywhere near Dundee and the fact my club signed him was a complete disgrace. 

The Falkirk fan above, who rightly called him out (in his since deleted post) was bang on the money. I’m not sure what songs [mention=82236]TedCrilly[/mention] was referring to but knowing what young teams are like, not solely a Falkirk issue, I can quite imagine. 

Just as thrilling as the rest of your many posts on the subject. Im sure by now you must feel that you have exhausted your point and presumably, can f**k off?

exactly....I'm sure he must've moaned like f*ck on the Dundee forum when he was signed for Dundee...but he still signed...and now he comes over to ours moaning when we sign LG.....some folk have too much time on their hands. 

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I subscribe to Spiers' podcast and find it both enjoyable and refreshing mainly because he goes for subjects & guests that the mainstream media usually ignore.   

It hasn't been going long and we have already had 2 podcasts devoted to Falkirk, one starring our very own BPM. He also had the Dunfermline chairman on last week which was a pretty enlightening listen. 

I'd rather not give the BBC or Clyde the steam off my shite with their Old Firm obsessed cretins. 

Your options aren't solely limited to either Sportsound or paying money to listen to Spiers smelling his own farts.

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Each to their own but I find Spiers a sycophantic, superior twat and his tweet about Goodwillie ended any slim possibility of me lining his pocket.

Whilst I don't see Rennie changing from 3-5-2 it is still fun to try and shoehorn Morrison and Griffiths in there somewhere

Mutch

Williamson Watson Dixon McCann

Morrison Telfer Jacobs Griffiths

Dowds Kabia

I wouldn't mess Dowds or Kabia about considering they have 6 goals in 8 and 3 goals in 4. Maintain that over a season and you're looking at 25+ each. We still have to get the midfield balance right and stop making individual errors at the back (and playing it out from the back no matter what), but those problems are nothing compared to what we were suffering under Sheerin