The Falkirk FC Thread

8A69457C-7E84-4C13-B4CA-951B9A83E646.jpegThat tweet meant I was done with him. I always thought he was a smart guy, but that tweet was so ill judged, so contemptuous, it almost felt like he was trying to be a shock jock. Regardless, it did him no favours.

Nowt wrong with someone legitimately being tagged as a pariah. It was not the creation of the football community. It was created by the man himself.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

32 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Looked at the Rennie interview and thought that could be interesting, then you see he's being asked questions like "do you want to be rangers manager?" Honestly the sports media in this country are a joke!

He wasnโ€™t asked that. He was asked if it was true he was approached to be Rangers manager back in 2013. Which he confirmed he was and explained why he turned it down.ย 
He was also asked how the Falkirk approach came about, how he hooked up with Kenny Miller, his pathway into coaching and about how he managed to persuade Leigh Griffiths to sign. It is a decent listen ย 

Edited by Back Post Misses

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He wasnโ€™t asked that. He was asked if it was true he was approached to be Rangers manager back in 2013. Which he confirmed he was and explained why he turned it down.ย 
He was also asked how the Falkirk approach came about, how he hooked up with Kenny Miller, his pathway into coaching and about how he managed to persuade Leigh Griffiths to sign. It is a decent listen ย 

Fair enough could be decent then the way Spiers had it on Twitter has it showing as "do you want to be rangers manager ", didn't listen because of the way the tweet read really put me off although it's obviously misleading.ย 

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Fair enough could be decent then the way Spiers had it on Twitter has it showing as "do you want to be rangers manager ", didn't listen because of the way the tweet read really put me off although it's obviously misleading.ย 

He is selling it to the Sevco masses - no surprise. As I said it is worth the listen thoughย 

Just listened to the graham spiers interview, thought rennie came across really well again.

I do wonder though, does he see himself here beyond the end of the season.

He talks about how big a job it is and his vision for the club - surely thatโ€™ll only come with continuity.

It will be what it will be. If he manages to turn around the damage of the past few years, and in so doing, ends up with bigger fish seeking his services, then thereโ€™s not a whole lot we can do about it.

2 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Just listened to the graham spiers interview, thought rennie came across really well again.

I do wonder though, does he see himself here beyond the end of the season.

He talks about how big a job it is and his vision for the club - surely thatโ€™ll only come with continuity.

I am sure he sees it longer than a six month project. Did he not say that or words to that effect?ย 

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am sure he sees it longer than a six month project. Did he not say that or words to that effect?ย 

Wouldnโ€™t surprise me that if things go well over the next month or so then an announcement regarding an extension will be not too far away.ย 

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Wouldnโ€™t surprise me that if things go well over the next month or so then an announcement regarding an extension will be not too far away.ย 

๐Ÿคž

Amazing what one result does on here doesnโ€™t it?
Iโ€™m definitely in the Rennie camp and think heโ€™s doing a more than decent job already, but youโ€™ve got the usual suspects on here telling us that heโ€™s no better than Sheerin the moment things donโ€™t go 100% to plan.
Itโ€™s going to take some time to steady this ship and thereโ€™s going to be lows to come alongside the highs.
I just hope the quick fingered give him a chanceโ€ฆ..

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Amazing what one result does on here doesnโ€™t it?
Iโ€™m definitely in the Rennie camp and think heโ€™s doing a more than decent job already, but youโ€™ve got the usual suspects on here telling us that heโ€™s no better than Sheerin the moment things donโ€™t go 100% to plan.
Itโ€™s going to take some time to steady this ship and thereโ€™s going to be lows to come alongside the highs.
I just hope the quick fingered give him a chanceโ€ฆ..

The sensible people can see this mess wonโ€™t be sorted in 6 weeks or probably 6 months.ย