The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The Q&A was uploaded to YouTube on 20 October 2021, not quite 4 months ago. Since early December (it's too late to be looking up the exact date) we've seen a new board with actual supporter representation, a radically different management team and a transformed team on the park, including arguably the most prolific Scottish striker of the last ten years.... with the previous striker holding that status now our assistant head coach. As BPM noted earlier.

This is a period of remarkable and unprecedented change. Remember we had 10 year of careful growth and stability under the MSG followed by a decade of dismal stagnation and decline. There isn't enough space and I don't have the energy to list the mistakes but closing the academy and the tin pot pond shop Kenny Rogers episodes are the most painful, embarrassing and f'ing infuriating to me.

That said the mistakes made by the GD era are breathtakingly awful, their behaviour at the Q&A was a window into who they really were, having concealed their true nature by stage managed interviews and supposed Q&A's under COVID. Having witnessed this debacle are we really surprised they'd recruit and stand by PS when it was obvious to almost everybody he was out of his depth by September? (AD the 5th choice striker... what an absolute joke).Or recruit and stand by GH when people 'in the know' were fully aware his role at Livi was not as it was presented? Or boast about beating teams 5-0 for revenge in the national press. All cringeworthy and embarrassing, only made worse by falling out with a group of diehard supporters trying to raise money and rename the south stand to give recognition to our player of the previous millennium.  

We all need to accept that the road to redemption isn't going to happen over night, we've had ten years of neglect and incompetence, with BoD's populated by a stream of people with their own egos and interests at heart. 

Like so many people on here I sense we are regaining out identity, but complaining about the lack of a midfielder, or passing out from the back are all distractions, understandable frustration and anger brought about by having to stand by helpless as our club was degraded and damaged.

I have a sense MR and KM will take us forward and we should trust them. The progress in the past 4 or 5 weeks has been remarkable,  if we all accept we won't be a finished article for at least another year and in all likelihood longer.

Let's invest in FSS, or the Patrons, or even individually. Stand for the FSS committee. Be part of the change. We all like to say we're a family and community club, let's show it by playing a part in it...

There's plenty of examples out there that can be our inspiration. 

And to the handful of people on here with their transparent agendas against the change because they're out in the cold,  wringing their hands with glee on the sidelines praying for failure, exaggerating every setback here's my message - you and your hangers on / enablers have had your day, the rest of us will clear up your mess.....

Best post for ages,  by a country mile. 

The key "hangers on" seem to have departed, although there may be one or two still lurking about.  I really do despair with those that come on here and still support the old regime, after all the damage they did. 

As long as the new Board suss out the blazer chasers and keep them at arms length , all will be OK !!!

On 09/02/2022 at 09:47, Senor Bairn said:

Wonder if Kabia could be signed in the summer. Guys wonderful to watch, Livi fans were right I really think the boys a great player. 

Probably unlikely give he'd still be under contract. We don't tend to let guys go for free, especially ones that are doing well out on loan. Tiffoney leaving meant we got Penrice who's our best LB now.

Unless there's 100k+ coming our way or a player ready to step into a Premiership squad I'd probably see it as unlikely

11 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The Q&A was uploaded to YouTube on 20 October 2021, not quite 4 months ago. Since early December (it's too late to be looking up the exact date) we've seen a new board with actual supporter representation, a radically different management team and a transformed team on the park, including arguably the most prolific Scottish striker of the last ten years.... with the previous striker holding that status now our assistant head coach. As BPM noted earlier.

This is a period of remarkable and unprecedented change. Remember we had 10 year of careful growth and stability under the MSG followed by a decade of dismal stagnation and decline. There isn't enough space and I don't have the energy to list the mistakes but closing the academy and the tin pot pound shop Kenny Rogers episodes are the most painful, embarrassing and f'ing infuriating to me.

That said the mistakes made by the GD era are breathtakingly awful, their behaviour at the Q&A was a window into who they really were, having concealed their true nature by stage managed interviews and supposed Q&A's under COVID. Having witnessed this debacle are we really surprised they'd recruit and stand by PS when it was obvious to almost everybody he was out of his depth by September? (AD the 5th choice striker... what an absolute joke).Or recruit and stand by GH when people 'in the know' were fully aware his role at Livi was not as it was presented? Or boast about beating teams 5-0 for revenge in the national press. All cringeworthy and embarrassing, only made worse by falling out with a group of diehard supporters trying to raise money and rename the south stand to give recognition to our player of the previous millennium.  

We all need to accept that the road to redemption isn't going to happen over night, we've had ten years of neglect and incompetence, with BoD's populated by a stream of people with their own egos and interests at heart. 

Like so many people on here I sense we are regaining our identity, but complaining about the lack of a midfielder, or passing out from the back are all distractions, understandable frustration and anger brought about by having to stand by helpless as our club was degraded and damaged.

I have a sense MR and KM will take us forward and we should trust them. The progress in the past 4 or 5 weeks has been remarkable,  if we all accept we won't be a finished article for at least another year and in all likelihood longer.

Let's invest in FSS, or the Patrons, or even individually. Stand for the FSS committee. Be part of the change. We all like to say we're a family and community club, let's show it by playing a part in it...

There's plenty of examples out there that can be our inspiration. 

And to the handful of people on here with their transparent agendas against the change because they're out in the cold,  wringing their hands with glee on the sidelines praying for failure, exaggerating every setback here's my message - you and your hangers on / enablers have had your day, the rest of us will clear up your mess.....

👏💙

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Brilliant

The supporters have had the piss taken out them for far too long and got nothing in return for all their years of both cash and emotional investment.
We even had three major shareholders taking cash out this time last year for their shares - that angers me too. When the rest of us are pumping cash in whether it be the Patrons or BFL or FSS we had three people with the temerity to take £150k+ out and we still have people who accepted these people at the club sniping at the new Board and manager. 

This club will be what we make it now. I have said from the minute Deans scurried away we all needed to pull together for the good of the club. Some on here ridiculed me for it. I will tell you now it is even more important now if that was possible. Let’s take a grip of things and give as much support as we can to help the new board rebuild this club. 
The positive signs are there, it is still very early days though and as BNM says it isn’t going to be fixed in 5 minutes. Therefore we need to be patient (not always easy) and trust those now making the decisions on our behalf.  If you have moments of doubt in the coming months just go to YouTube and watch that Q&A again. That will give you the perspective and faith that we are in a much better place long term than with those who opened us up to Local, National and World wide ridicule. 

ridicule-is-nothing-to-be-scared-of-48631327.png

Listening to Griffiths interview, what a difference to hear a player (especially a forward) who’s clearly got a lot of experience, tactical awareness and able to talk well to media. We’ve not had a lot of this in years, anyone who reckons we aren’t going to benefit from the dressing rooms he’s been part of is mental imo.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, that’s much better.

At the moment ATS is a bombscare. I’m not writing him off but he needs to buck up his ideas pronto.

If Dixon is becoming past it, then I note a big improvement in McKay which he will hopefully maintain.

Jacobs in to protect the back 4. Dixon in the middle where speed less of an issue and experience more important. 

Those front 5 would cause a lot of problems to most teams and hopefully would mean they will spend more of their time defending than we will. 

All for fun though and irrelevant as Rennie will stick with a back 5. I just hope we score more than we concede going forward as the current back 5 is certainly creating lots of opportunities for the opposition.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn
spelling

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Probably unlikely give he'd still be under contract. We don't tend to let guys go for free, especially ones that are doing well out on loan. Tiffoney leaving meant we got Penrice who's our best LB now.

Unless there's 100k+ coming our way or a player ready to step into a Premiership squad I'd probably see it as unlikely

Would be good to even get another loan deal next season mind you.

Lots of great perspective laid out for us all to buy into, and we really must buy into it.

We have all experienced a steady decline overseen by a Board no longer willing or able to commit the time to keeping the good ship FFC on the straight and narrow. 

The keys are then handed to a Board pumped up to the gills with self interest for a select few who were prepared to say and do anything to damage or undermine anyone questioning their actions.

They have gone, and slowly but surely, those that clung to their coat tails (again because of self interest) are now finding life is a bit more difficult at a FFC that isn’t allowing them to swan around the place pretending that they are important. I admire the fact that the clean up is being carried out quietly with no fanfares or public spats.

I don’t know if we are genuinely on the road to recovery, but it certainly feels that way. I am with Mr McDonald……I’m lovin’ it……..(heck, yes it is too early to be convinced of anything when your club hasn’t even won two games on the trot in L1, but what the hell).

There have been so many positives over the last few months that it does genuinely feel like we're turning a corner.  

Fully behind Rennie and hope that we can get confirmation soon that he'll be here for next season at least.  

My one gripe since the new board came in is the DGW episode.  I have it on good authority that on 31st Jan, he ended up at Raith purely because we wouldn't stretch to £50k (£40k our limit apparently).  A complete disaster averted only by the good fortune that Raith decided to meet Clyde's valuation. 

I'm sure the new board will have learned from this.  Overall a good start , let's hope it turns into a great period for us.  

18 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Without the FSS, Patrons and that fucking Q&A we would be in one fucking mess now staring down the barrel of DIV 4

I'm not a vindictive man but I am very bitter.

When I left Scotland for Australia we were an exciting team stacked full of homegrown talent appearing in Scottish Cup semi-finals and finals.      

What followed was a steady decline to where we are now. 

I don't ask for much but I sincerely wish we gain promotion out of this wilderness we are in.

I also hope the main players in our decline - Craig Campbell,  Traitor Lang,  Deans & his hangers on - are now not welcome back at Falkirk Stadium. Resigning is one thing but it's not enough - they should have lifetime bans for crimes against FFC and their wrecking ball ego driven recklessness which resulted in so much damage to our football club.      

As BPM alluded , if not for the Patrons , FSS and the supporters we'd be well on the road to oblivion right now. 

Hey new BOD, lifetime bans - some of them were very quick to try to enforce the same on some of us ....with no basis. 

As I said I'm a little bitter.......still

Enough about the previous ten years of blazers/incumbents, time to move on and let’s give the new BOD and fans organisations our full backing with the respective monthly contributions. Yes it’s difficult times for many, and many will simply not afford, but each monthly tenner or more will make a huge difference to the club.
There’s going to be bumps and lows on this new journey but if there’s a time when the players need us fans home and away, we’ve got 12 cup finals……to attend….

43 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

There have been so many positives over the last few months that it does genuinely feel like we're turning a corner.  

Fully behind Rennie and hope that we can get confirmation soon that he'll be here for next season at least.  

My one gripe since the new board came in is the DGW episode.  I have it on good authority that on 31st Jan, he ended up at Raith purely because we wouldn't stretch to £50k (£40k our limit apparently).  A complete disaster averted only by the good fortune that Raith decided to meet Clyde's valuation. 

I'm sure the new board will have learned from this.  Overall a good start , let's hope it turns into a great period for us.  

There have been way too many variations on the theme of the ex Clyde player to buy into which one (if any) is true. The only thing that matters is RR sacrificed themselves on the altar, and in so doing, every single football club learned that things have moved on a lot further than they ever realised.

That story is the RR story.

Time to get on with our own story…..

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm not a vindictive man but I am very bitter.

When I left Scotland for Australia we were an exciting team stacked full of homegrown talent appearing in Scottish Cup semi-finals and finals.      

What followed was a steady decline to where we are now. 

I don't ask for much but I sincerely wish we gain promotion out of this wilderness we are in.

I also hope the main players in our decline - Craig Campbell,  Traitor Lang,  Deans & his hangers on - are now not welcome back at Falkirk Stadium. Resigning is one thing but it's not enough - they should have lifetime bans for crimes against FFC and their wrecking ball ego driven recklessness which resulted in so much damage to our football club.      

As BPM alluded , if not for the Patrons , FSS and the supporters we'd be well on the road to oblivion right now. 

Hey new BOD, lifetime bans - some of them were very quick to try to enforce the same on some of us ....with no basis. 

As I said I'm a little bitter.......still

I get your sentiments but don’t agree with the lifetime bans for those incompetent, nasty little people who damn near finished off our club.

I would give them a lifetime season ticket but have their seats painted red with their names printed in large letters across the back and a spotlight trained on them.

Shame them forever.

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I get your sentiments but don’t agree with the lifetime bans for those incompetent, nasty little people who damn near finished off our club.

I would give them a lifetime season ticket but have their seats painted red with their names printed in large letters across the back and a spotlight trained on them.

Shame them forever.

Add - dressed as Coco the clown and in chains 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I completely get what you're saying re Goodwillie, but ultimately he didn't end up signing for us. Anything else is conjecture really. He won't be joining us in future and he really is a one off situation thankfully.

Best to move on from it now and back the club IMO.

Thought Falkirk had spells in the first half v Alloa, then totally dominated the 2nd. Some excellent stuff,decent movement and always a threat in front of goal. Obviously bringing on Griffith's a real boost,IF the supply up to him is good - never thought the result in doubt after the first goal. Poor Alloa showing tbh, wasting the few chances they created. Brilliant away support,must have been around 1,000 of the 1500 crowd ?