The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

Total dugmeat. Rennie does not have a clue.

Queue the backlash from BPM

You’re worse than the St.Mirren fans on here baiting us about signing LG. Claiming to be a Falkirk supporter and actively hoping for failure. Eh? Really. Why.  As I’ve stated before, you’re one of the Board that got us in this mess or one of the cheerleaders who aided and abetted their dismal failure. 

Here’s the facts. MR and KM has been in seven games. 3 wins, 3 defeats and 1 draw.  Scored 16, conceded 10.    The last seven games of the previous regime was 2 wins, 4 defeats and 1 draw. 8 goals scored, conceded 14. 

This is after inheriting a shambles of a squad and his first game against Clyde with ten missing players. 

If anything is “dugmeat” it’s your opinion and questionable motivation. Do us all a favour, keep your malignant opinions to yourself and let MR and KM get on with the job you either failed in, or actively supported the board who thought that Q & A was a good idea. 

Thought we’d get a result tonight, however after a good opening five minutes, we looked a shambles for the next twenty or so……Still not convinced with our defence and thankfully Watson was commander in charge. 
MR obviously had half time to correct things, and after first goal we never looked in danger, and relatively easy win. 
Negatives, LB (ATS) and Williamson both look like Bambi on sedatives .

Telfer needs a boot up the arse for not fulfilling his natural potential, and McKay…..

Positives, front two will get goals all day long, LG will get fitter and no doubt a few goals.

Seen enough tonight and feel confident that the play offs might be achieved.

Lastly great attendance by our support, over a thousand on a Tuesday night, great turnout, negative couple of Fannie’s throwing flares onto the pitch ffs grow up. 

I can honestly say that this is the best I have felt about my team in a long time. Okay we put 6 past Dumbarton but we nearly fluffed it when they scored two when we were 4 up. It kind of gave the feeling of good but that defence. Tonight we kept a clean sheet and I thought that apart from a ropey bit before half time they played well as a unit. Big test is the Cove game. If they beat QP and we then beat Cove we are looking good. It's the hope that kills you as a Falkirk fan

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That third goal is surely Watson's? Definitely looks as though it hits the angle in the top corner but comes out again.

I actually thought those 1970’s style stanchions were no longer allowed in the professional leagues for exactly the reason we saw tonight.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It was slightly tongue in cheek as that would be far too attacking, but it is a real problem. With the amount we're allegedly paying Griffiths he's not gonna be sitting on the bench, but you can't really drop Dowds or Kabia after their recent performances. That's why he's paid to the manager though eh!

Edit to add: It is also a *nice* problem to have, working out how to get our best players in the team, rather than trying to figure out the best line-up we can cobble together.

Six weeks ago, we had virtually no goal threat whatsoever. Now, we have Kabia Dowds and Griffiths. I don’t care how many miles we are behind Cove. Their defenders will not fancy being up against that three.

The defence still has huge moments of uncertainty, but maybe that’s because our one ongoing weakness….the midfield offers up very little defensive protection……maybe we are just going to have to live with that given the potential goal threat we now carry. The opposition might not be too keen on bombing forward given the potential threat of Kabia, Dowds and Griffiths.

Cove will be the litmus test again though. No point getting carried away till we start getting results against sides above us not just below us.  Dumbarton was a false dawn so let's hope this result is one we actually build on.A better opposition side would've had the game sewn up by half time with our defending in that first half. We can't keep stinking the place out first half if we want to beat sides like cove and Airdrie. Rennie needs to get the team firing from minute one and not 46.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cove will be the litmus test again though. No point getting carried away till we start getting results against sides above us not just below us.  Dumbarton was a false dawn so let's hope this result is one we actually build on.A better opposition side would've had the game sewn up by half time with our defending in that first half. We can't keep stinking the place out first half if we want to beat sides like cove and Airdrie. Rennie needs to get the team firing from minute one and not 46.

Not sure why we seem to be almost static/slow in starting games, and could have been easily goals down before HT. Was directly behind Mutch and could really do with him communicating with his defenders, far to quiet for me.

Im sure R&M will get this sorted. If and it’s a huge if we can get a Liam Craig type in soon, we won’t be far away.

MR & KM will already know that’s there’s considerable surgery required whatever the outcome at season end.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Not sure why we seem to be almost static/slow in starting games, and could have been easily goals down before HT. Was directly behind Mutch and could really do with him communicating with his defenders, far to quiet for me.

Im sure R&M will get this sorted. If and it’s a huge if we can get a Liam Craig type in soon, we won’t be far away.

MR & KM will already know that’s there’s considerable surgery required whatever the outcome at season end.

Posted this already but we didn’t start slowly last night.

We we’re on the front foot from the kick off and could have had a couple of very early goals.

We certainly didn’t maintain the early pressure for long and became rather passive and disorganised after ten minutes or so.

One of the most successful Falkirk teams in the last 10 years were notoriously slow starters. Second half Houston would send a rocket up their arse and that 2015/2016 team did okay.

Now you wouldn’t want to rely on that long term, but sometimes that’s just how games work out.
Wasnt it the following season that we turned rancid in the first half, post Vaulks. Kerr and Taiwo starting in the middle every week, or Taiwo starting on the right.....

They even made a joke about it to advertise half season tickets which had me disproportionately raging.

Anyway I wasnt confident of a result lastnight. I though Recs was exactly the kind of place progress might appear to come unstuck, and especially after being shit in the first half.

I think in terms of general trends, its all reasonably positive, with the players lagging slightly behind Rennie in my perception, but both moving in the right direction

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We we’re on the front foot from the kick off and could have had a couple of very early goals.

We certainly didn’t maintain the early pressure for long and became rather passive and disorganised after ten minutes or so.

Should have been more specific, yes we started off on the front foot, but like the QP first half we soon fell back 

I feel that our defensive set up at the start of games leads us to looking shaky until we get a foothold in games. There is a nervousness about our style of playing out from the back and we invite pressure onto ourselves. The defence should be clearing our lines early doors and cut out the fannying about at the back.

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Dowds could have scored in the first minute, that would have set the tone. Seemed to be forgotten by some focusing on the negatives as usual. Yes, we were poor and could have conceded in the first half, but they didn't score did they  and we scored 3 in the second half, some cant even find a positive in that. There's progress, no doubt, 6 new signings and with Dowds and Mutch back in the team has changed drastically . Rennie has got rid of some dross and replaced with better., bonding the team now is essential. We need to show steady progress now now on in. We're on the right track imo. Well done to those who took the time and effort to go last night, we do have some good and dedicated fans who support the team more than a forum.

Heard last night from a player's close relative that Sheerin took Dowds into his office and told him he was fifth place striker and should get a loan club. That the team were very far from convinced that Ruth was capable of leading the line and that while everyone liked PS they had far from stellar confidence in his tactics. 

Nothing world shattering there but everyone seems to be on board with RenKen and there's a more positive air to the dressing room.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Dowds could have scored in the first minute, that would have set the tone. Seemed to be forgotten by some focusing on the negatives as usual. Yes, we were poor and could have conceded in the first half, but they didn't score did they  and we scored 3 in the second half, some cant even find a positive in that. There's progress, no doubt, 6 new signings and with Dowds and Mutch back in the team has changed drastically . Rennie has got rid of some dross and replaced with better., bonding the team now is essential. We need to show steady progress now now on in. We're on the right track imo. Well done to those who took the time and effort to go last night, we do have some good and dedicated fans who support the team more than a forum.

100%. The sprinkling of naysayers on here (and elsewhere) have their own agenda, to criticise and patronise the recent changes at the club, thinking we’re all half asleep and don’t see the flurry of activity from new and long dormant accounts. If MR and KM are struggling it’s shaking off the damage done by the the previous incumbents appalling signings, culture and judgement. This is a major rebuild and will take more than one window to fix. Dowds is a perfect example, chased from the club without being given a chance and ridiculed at the Q&A. Six goals in seven games isn’t it. 

Guest Ecosse83

I’ve had my doubts as most of us probably have but the 2nd half last night was the first real signs for me that things are starting to click. 

The biggest positive for me were McKay looked half decent although still loads to prove and Hetherington who looked quite tidy when he came on so hopefully a new lease of life for him. 

What a difference it makes having loads of positives to talk about!