The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Massive 12 games to go, Games in bold for the teams above us in the league. 36 available points up for grabs. An energetic midfielder in before Cove would do nicely and I agree with Marshmallo, if Morrison's back fit get us in a 4-4-2 with Kabia & Morrison on either wing and Dowds & Griffiths up top. 

Away to Cove
Home to Peterhead
Home to East Fife
Away to Clyde
Home to Airdrie
Away to Dumbarton
Away to Peterhead
Home to Montrose
Home to Cove
Away to East Fife
Home to Alloa
Away to Queens Park

Personally I wouldn’t want Kabia stuck out wide. He’ll get bags of goals through the middle imo

Guest Ecosse83

It will be interesting to see what Rennie has in mind for the 3 forwards. Can’t see Dowds not starting, Kabia needs to start and Griffith’s has to play with the wage he is on. 🤔

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

It will be interesting to see what Rennie has in mind for the 3 forwards. Can’t see Dowds not starting, Kabia needs to start and Griffith’s has to play with the wage he is on. 🤔

Mutch

Williamson  Watson Dixon ATS/McCann

Morrison Jacobs Telfer

Dowds Griffiths Kabia

"We're gonna win 6-5" etc etc

18 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Mutch

Williamson  Watson Dixon ATS/McCann

Morrison Jacobs Telfer

Dowds Griffiths Kabia

"We're gonna win 6-5" etc etc

Why is he going to change the formation? He’s clearly working on playing a 352 so he’s hardly going to change it

Apart from maybe a 15 minute spell or so in the first half I thought we were quite good tonight. Taylor-Sinclair kept losing Sammon considering Watson was pointing out and telling him to mark him first half. I think playing out from the back gave Alloa a lift in confidence to press us high up the pitch. 

Second half was much much better. Some very good pieces of play and goals to match. Defensively solid too, and I include McKay who I thought was decent. Dowds was outstanding all night and had Mendy (🤣who is abysmal) and Durnan on toast. You can tell Griffiths has played and the highest level with his touch and his movement. The outside of the boot into Ross was sublime, pity Ross mucked it up. 

Overall, some good pieces of business done by Rennie. Great to have more leaders (and winners) in the changing room which can only help. Onwards to Cove now. 

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Why is he going to change the formation? He’s clearly working on playing a 352 so he’s hardly going to change it

It was slightly tongue in cheek as that would be far too attacking, but it is a real problem. With the amount we're allegedly paying Griffiths he's not gonna be sitting on the bench, but you can't really drop Dowds or Kabia after their recent performances. That's why he's paid to the manager though eh!

Edit to add: It is also a *nice* problem to have, working out how to get our best players in the team, rather than trying to figure out the best line-up we can cobble together.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

Chuffed to ribbons that Kabia and Jacobs are both working out for your mob. Very different personalities/players at opposite ends of their career. If Kabia gets a run, he’ll see you to the play-offs, and more. 

Jacobs put in the only CM/CDM performance worthy of the name that I’ve seen from us in about 2 years