The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Much better 2nd half, we actually got a hold of the ball and controlled the game. A bit more movement which made the difference. 

Hopefully a sign of things to Come! 

Chuffed to ribbons that Kabia and Jacobs are both working out for your mob. Very different personalities/players at opposite ends of their career. If Kabia gets a run, he’ll see you to the play-offs, and more. 

I just wish Telfer would do what he did in those 30 minutes a bit more often. So frustrating.

Totally dominated 2nd half. Two cracking goals. 

10 days to get another midfielder and work into one or two to get them up to speed. Little steps but promising.

onto Cove now 

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I just wish Telfer would do what he did in those 30 minutes a bit more often. So frustrating.

10 days to get another midfielder and work into one or two to get them up to speed. Little steps but promising.

onto Cove now 

Agreed.

Tonight was McKays best game for us. He’s been awful since joining but credit where it’s due.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

onto Cove now 

Definitely this, need another midfielder in before the Cove game and hopefully Cove scud Queens Park on Saturday.

One thing I have to question however, is that at the start of the second half we had the same players in the same positions but seemed to be a lot better - why didn't we start the game that way?
I think fitness + a motivator in the dressing room helped. We went for it early first half but we were unlucky. Alloa then got into the game. A wee boot up th erse at half time I bet. It worked.
Much happier with the defence. They appear to be developing a bit of understanding of each other. Small shoots but still growth

4 minutes ago, some_guy said:

One thing I have to question however, is that at the start of the second half we had the same players in the same positions but seemed to be a lot better - why didn't we start the game that way?

TBF we did start well the first 15 minutes then the middle three looked too deep again. Manager sorted it at half time 

Massive 12 games to go, Games in bold for the teams above us in the league. 36 available points up for grabs. An energetic midfielder in before Cove would do nicely and I agree with Marshmallo, if Morrison's back fit get us in a 4-4-2 with Kabia & Morrison on either wing and Dowds & Griffiths up top. 

Away to Cove
Home to Peterhead
Home to East Fife
Away to Clyde
Home to Airdrie
Away to Dumbarton
Away to Peterhead
Home to Montrose
Home to Cove
Away to East Fife
Home to Alloa
Away to Queens Park

Two dots doth not a trend make, but hey, two consecutive games we haven’t lost. A corner turned? Not sure, but the way to do it now is go and get two wins on the trot.

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

How many goals has Anton Dowds scored?

Good job he knocked it in off the rebound. When you see it on the replay there was the chance that ref/linesman would not have seen it go in, hit the stantion and come out

No VAR

14 minutes ago, some_guy said:

We did start well then fell away after 10 minutes.

One of the most successful Falkirk teams in the last 10 years were notoriously slow starters. Second half Houston would send a rocket up their arse and that 2015/2016 team did okay.

Now you wouldn’t want to rely on that long term, but sometimes that’s just how games work out.