The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Suggest the saints fans google Ruud Gullit, one of the world's greatest players racially abused at love street. A stain on Scottish football by the whole saints support... maybe best they don't bring up racism.

I was in hospitality at Love Street the day Richard Cadette was racially abused from Paisley Pandas in their Moin stand 🙈

If that wasn’t bad enough my saints supporting host who had invited me to the hospitality tried to justify & minimise the abuse - sufficient to say our professional relationship died a death that day 

34 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Obsessed? It's you who is obsessed.

I was just commenting on one of my favourite Jags players.

Tell nurse that your nappy needs changing!

😂

OMG. The emoji to let the world know that he thinks he is funny. Tell you what. Go back to your own club’s thread, pull out any of my posts in the last year…..or five years…..nah, let’s make it a decade, and then tell me about my obsession. You just can’t help yourself…..and you will be back again…..because you are obsessed.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

OMG. The emoji to let the world know that he thinks he is funny. Tell you what. Go back to your own club’s thread, pull out any of my posts in the last year…..or five years…..nah, let’s make it a decade, and then tell me about my obsession. You just can’t help yourself…..and you will be back again…..because you are obsessed.

How do we manage to attract so many complete zoomers? 

13 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

I hope he does well for you. I openly admit I would have been happy to have him at St. Mirren, as I think if he got himself fit and was motivated he would be a great acquisition. I haven't seen the details yet, but I worry you might have broken the bank for a player who has a lot of issues and may not perform.

I genuinely would like to see you promoted this season, btw. It cannot be fun languishing in Scotland's third tier - there but for the grace of God, etc.  

Fair play. As I understand it, the max exposure is < £30k. We have been shelling out more than that for Boardroom screw ups for the past 3 years. Will he knuckle down? Nobody knows. If he does, then it could be a great two or three months. If he doesn’t then the ripples from Gary Holt’s disastrous time as SD simply goes on.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How do we manage to attract so many complete zoomers? 

Unreal. I would imagine he and others like him will populate the Morten thread too.

2 hours ago, Barga Bairn said:

Now we might find we have the best striker in Scotland, but only if the fans and management support him

Tbf he got plenty of support from Dundee in those ways, James McPake is great with players and the Dundee fans defending him to the hilt and gave him every chance.

His hearts just not in it anymore and it shows. I think he'll have moments of quality for you but I doubt it'll be enough to justify extending his deal into next season.

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Dougie Somner was signed from Partick Thistle not Falkirk. 

We did sign a dud called Roddy Manley. 

Yes Dougie did end up with the Saints and did well for you.

One memory was at a Falkirk game at Love Street in the good old days of fans mixing. Big Somner got pulled over by the Referee for a talking to.

One Saints fan shouted out and heard all over the ground. 'That's right ref tel Somner to show a bit of interest' One of these comments both sets of players including Somner found funny'

Football was better when fans could mix and banter during a game with no bother.

48 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

I hope he does well for you. I openly admit I would have been happy to have him at St. Mirren, as I think if he got himself fit and was motivated he would be a great acquisition. I haven't seen the details yet, but I worry you might have broken the bank for a player who has a lot of issues and may not perform.

I genuinely would like to see you promoted this season, btw. It cannot be fun languishing in Scotland's third tier - there but for the grace of God, etc.  

We have broken no bank. The fans invested money when the new board was appointed in December. The manager has a budget for January which by the look has not been spent until we signed Griffiths. 
We will also bring in much more revenue if he turns it on and we start winning games. Crowds will increase 100%. 
Let’s see how it goes. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have broken no bank. The fans invested money when the new board was appointed in December. The manager has a budget for January which by the look has not been spent until we signed Griffiths. 
We will also bring in much more revenue if he turns it on and we start winning games. Crowds will increase 100%. 
Let’s see how it goes. 

Good luck! I was at Celtic Park two years ago when he scored a hat-trick. He was outstanding that day: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51685365

I don't believe he has lost his ability in two years. However, he does have a lot of problems and a suspension hanging over his head. If you get him half way back to his best he should do the job for you. 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

I was in hospitality at Love Street the day Richard Cadette was racially abused from Paisley Pandas in their Moin stand 🙈

If that wasn’t bad enough my saints supporting host who had invited me to the hospitality tried to justify & minimise the abuse - sufficient to say our professional relationship died a death that day 

A load of shite.

He was booed because he was a diving cheat nothing else.