The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Michael Tidser had scored 21 goals in his entire career (based on his Wikipedia stats) so whoever said that had clearly never seen him play. 

😂 too early. Read the comment as would walk it in this league. My mistake.

ETA: we’ve probably been confident of it once and McManus did score for fun in this league.

Edited by TedCrilly

LG would be an unbelievable signing for us IMO, it was only 15 months ago he was part of the Scotland squad that got us to the euros - if he does end up at TFS that's a monumental fall from grace in a very short time period, surely it wont take that much to get him back to somewhere near where he was 15 months ago. Although I'm not totally convinced by MR yet all his signings this window have been upgrades and have all improved the team so I will trust him on this aswell.

6 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

😂 too early. Read the comment as would walk it in this league. My mistake.

ETA: we’ve probably been confident of it once and McManus did score for fun in this league.

You’re right though that Tidser was surprising in how poor he was - one of the most disappointing signings we’ve had. 

McManus was the only one that sticks out for me as well who had a good chance of scoring a lot. The number of forwards who have signed and the fan base has claimed will score goals for fun is very, very few. 

2 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

I personally don’t think Griffiths will come good but it’s certainly worth the gamble. A centre midfielder would have been my priority position and I hope the budget isn’t finished with Griffiths signing.

Great to see Sammy is being punted out on loan.

Agree 100% with this.  I don't think he'll be a good signing and will be benched after 2/3 games.  

We're crying out for someone who can dominate the midfield and we're chucking money at a guy who hasn't been arsed for over a year.  

Have folk seen the pictures of him from Dundee?  He's fat and everyone of their fans says he didn't bother his arse even trying to run.  Celtic and Dundee fans know exactly what we're getting here and I'm surprised Rennie is looking at him given his focus on motivation, drive etc.  Panic signing?  

We're creating no chances at the moment but at least we have two up top who look like scoring given any decent service and put 100% in.  

As well as that he's a headcase - constantly in the papers for some very questionable stuff and not the sort of guy whose great for team spirit.  We don't even have clarity if he could be banned for a chunk of the season with 13 games left.  

If we do sign him (which seems the case) I'll be glad it wasn't DGW, hope for the best and will de delighted if I''m wrong  but not how I'd be spending the money and I'll be shocked if he's a success given the state of him.     

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

LG would be an unbelievable signing for us IMO, it was only 15 months ago he was part of the Scotland squad that got us to the euros - if he does end up at TFS that's a monumental fall from grace in a very short time period, surely it wont take that much to get him back to somewhere near where he was 15 months ago. Although I'm not totally convinced by MR yet all his signings this window have been upgrades and have all improved the team so I will trust him on this aswell.

Well said & totally agree 

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Agree 100% with this.  I don't think he'll be a good signing and will be benched after 2/3 games.  

We're crying out for someone who can dominate the midfield and we're chucking money at a guy who hasn't been arsed for over a year.  

Have folk seen the pictures of him from Dundee?  He's fat and everyone of their fans says he didn't bother his arse even trying to run.  Celtic and Dundee fans know exactly what we're getting here and I'm surprised Rennie is looking at him given his focus on motivation, drive etc.  Panic signing?  

We're creating no chances at the moment but at least we have two up top who look like scoring given any decent service and put 100% in.  

As well as that he's a headcase - constantly in the papers for some very questionable stuff and not the sort of guy whose great for team spirit.  We don't even have clarity if he could be banned for a chunk of the season with 13 games left.  

If we do sign him (which seems the case) I'll be glad it wasn't DGW, hope for the best and will de delighted if I''m wrong  but not how I'd be spending the money and I'll be shocked if he's a success given the state of him.     

Here is the man who said we had the best squad in the league in October rambling on again.

How do you know we are not looking at other options too? 

This isn’t Deans and Holt signing him and forgetting about the possible issues is he was banned. I am convinced we will have done our homework on that front and protected the club if he was banned. 

And be honest - you will take great delight in telling everyone I told you so if he fails to help get us to the play offs. 

Guest TedCrilly
9 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

In terms of no nonsense midfielder why not offer Robert Snodgrass a deal to end of season as he is also a free agent 

Not sure if you thinking we could sign Robert Snodgrass or calling him a no nonsense midfielder is funnier.

Edited by TedCrilly

Assuming we can afford the deal then it's a gamble worth taking til the end of the season.

Don't know our finances or budget but can only imagine the management team and board have offered something which is in budget.

We're still a midfielder short though.  We'll need more than Griffiths.

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Well said & totally agree 

Much the same opinion, as posted last night the reality is we’ve got 12 games to make the play offs, and it’s crucial that we get there whatever risks we need to take now as games are soon to be in single digits. If this means a slightly overweight Griffiths, sorry I would take him as we’ve nothing to loose now.