The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

£18 to watch the game on tv tomorrow night, no chance! 

Oh well at least it will stop me spouting off of the performance isn’t up to much 😂🤦‍♂️

Get yourself along in person for the same price & back the boys to victory!* 

* Victory not a guarantee 😂 

This is probably our biggest game of season tomorrow night. If we loose and QP win theirs, gives them a five point cushion with a goal difference if kept as good as a point. Reality is that although we’d still have 11 games to play, we would need to win minimum 7/8 to make play offs - thoughts ?

Guest Ecosse83
19 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Get yourself along in person for the same price & back the boys to victory!* 

* Victory not a guarantee 😂 

too much of a rush from work to chance that. Also would need to drive and I need at least 4 pints and a few half’s to watch is these days 😂

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This is probably our biggest game of season tomorrow night. If we loose and QP win theirs, gives them a five point cushion with a goal difference if kept as good as a point. Reality is that although we’d still have 11 games to play, we would need to win minimum 7/8 to make play offs - thoughts ?

Unless we get another 2/3 players in I can’t see it happening, hope I’m wrong.

Good luck with that one.  Turned us down because we were offering an 'incentive' based deal which easily could have made him the highest paid player at the club if he got his act together and shed the weight. He's not the same player, even for League One level unfortunately. We kept chasing the dream that he'd finally knuckle down, but he couldn't give a f**k unfortunately. Cracking set piece mind.

You'll be throwing him a decent wedge. You'll be thankful it's only until the end of the season unless a miraculous lightbulb has suddenly went off. It's a shame because you can see glimpses of talent with the odd bit of control etc, but he just doesn't move and gets muscled off the ball. Even pretty anonymous against Dumbarton.

I wanted him to stay as I was desperate for him to come good and he could easily still be one of the best strikers in Scotland but he was just choosing to be a lazy, fat c**t.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Good luck with that one.  Turned us down because we were offering an 'incentive' based deal which easily could have made him the highest paid player at the club if he got his act together and shed the weight. He's not the same player, even for League One level unfortunately. We kept chasing the dream that he'd finally knuckle down, but he couldn't give a f**k unfortunately. Cracking set piece mind.

You'll be throwing him a decent wedge. You'll be thankful it's only until the end of the season unless a miraculous lightbulb has suddenly went off. It's a shame because you can see glimpses of talent with the odd bit of control etc, but he just doesn't move and gets muscled off the ball. Even pretty anonymous against Dumbarton.

I wanted him to stay as I was desperate for him to come good and he could easily still be one of the best strikers in Scotland but he was just choosing to be a lazy, fat c**t.

Doesn’t give a f**k, muscled off the ball, anonymous…he’ll fit in brilliantly in our team.
If, as you say, he shows the odd bit of control he’ll instantly become our best player. Get it done. 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Doesn’t give a f**k, muscled off the ball, anonymous…he’ll fit in brilliantly in our team.
If, as you say, he shows the odd bit of control he’ll instantly become our best player. Get it done. 

If the penny has finally dropped, he'll get you to the Championship absolutely no bother. Just that everything points to him still not caring. Final chance for him really and it's only until the end of the season for you lot so it's easily a gamble worth taking I suppose!

4 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Right.  If this is true we need to concentrate on getting free kicks about 25 yards out from now on.

and ask the SPFL if we can bring on “special teams” like they do in the NFL to take them 

Strange one, presume we’re paying him a very pretty penny....

Dowds and him up top now I presume - might we please see Kabia in midfield instead of Mcguffie? Imo Kabia is such an exciting prospect. Finally a player who isn’t 5 foot 8 and slow 

He'll probably get on alright next to Dowds tbf, who'll do the hard stuff to allow Griffiths to just wobble about in the box and slot them in.

The brains still there football wise.

It's the kind of gamble that makes sense. We're at a stage where if we're only bringing in a couple more they need to have the potential to make a huge difference . Hopefully Kenny m will be able to give him the kick up the arse needed to get the goals we need.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Strange one, presume we’re paying him a very pretty penny....

Dowds and him up top now I presume - might we please see Kabia in midfield instead of Mcguffie? Imo Kabia is such an exciting prospect. Finally a player who isn’t 5 foot 8 and slow 

Wow-Dowds energy and Griffiths skill- lethal combination. However- just dont seeing your midfield being effective?