The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’d be very surprised if we’ve offered 2/3 year deals without caveats. Maybe ITK guys may offer some information…..

It is the previous regime you are talking about 

Guest Ecosse83

My thinking is that because Rennie is playing McKay then we are lumbered with him. If there was an opportunity to get rid due to caveats in his contract then he would be replaced by now. 

That’s just guesswork from me though! 

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A one year rolling is the max we should have anyone on at the moment until they can prove they have what it takes to get things moving . We must have spent a fortune paying people off since Houstie left.

From the posts that have followed it looks like we are stuck with more than a few players for next season for example McKay which we either keep or punt with a payoff that reduces the player budget even further

This will be career make or brake for Rennie & Miller and it would not surprise me if they insist on a longer deal or they walk.

Case of wait and see

From the posts that have followed it looks like we are stuck with more than a few players for next season for example McKay which we either keep or punt with a payoff that reduces the player budget even further
This will be career make or brake for Rennie & Miller and it would not surprise me if they insist on a longer deal or they walk.
Case of wait and see
Quite often a different management approach brings different results. Keeping optimistic as some of our worst performers have been half decent at one point in their careers

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

A rolling year contract is what is says it is surely? 

Don’t think so. Sure there are dates set by which both parties agree to terminate or extend it. As far as I’m aware a one year rolling contract doesn’t mean that it’s a full year every new day until someone agrees to terminate it. 

Regardless, we can bounce from McKay to Miller to Wilson to Ompreon to McGuffie to Ross to whoever else we believe not to be up to it, but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it this season.

Holt’s abject recruitment is going to hurt us for years.

Sadly, we are going into a second game since the window closed, and we haven’t been able to fix the midfield via a loan player, and I think that fact alone might be the killer for our season.

100 years ago today we broke the world transfer record to sign Syd Puddefoot from West Ham. Still the only Scottish club to do so 

3 years later he was sold on to Blackburn where he scored a shed load of goals for them as well and was capped by England

If he was still alive today aged 126 I'd still have him in our squad ahead of Jamie fucking Wilson 

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

100 years ago today we broke the world transfer record to sign Syd Puddefoot from West Ham. Still the only Scottish club to do so 

3 years later he was sold on to Blackburn where he scored a shed load of goals for them as well and was capped by England

If he was still alive today aged 126 I'd still have him in our squad ahead of Jamie fucking Wilson 

I read that the 5k transfer fee would be the equivalent to 200k nowadays, less than some players get a week. Just shows you the stupid money in football now. 

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Totally off topic but can anyone remember what game it was that Falkirk made the Soccer AM showboat reel? It ended in a skilfull flick back to the goalscorer. I can’t for the life of me remember the year or game 

Motherwell away in 09/10 season, Sure it was Flynn that flicked it and Pedro scored.

15 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Motherwell away in 09/10 season, Sure it was Flynn that flicked it and Pedro scored.

Was the other way around I think with Flynn scoring.

25 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Totally off topic but can anyone remember what game it was that Falkirk made the Soccer AM showboat reel? It ended in a skilfull flick back to the goalscorer. I can’t for the life of me remember the year or game 

I had a look on youtube at the soccer am showboats listed around 03.04.10 but no joy. Not convinced the dates in the titles actually tie up with the videos unfortunately. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

31 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I was reading a report in the Falkirk Herald yesterday which was complaining about Puddefoots inconsistent form. The reporter expressed his frustration that such a talented player showed his skill so infrequently in a Falkirk FC shirt. Does this sound familiar?

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I had a look on youtube at the soccer am showboats listed around 03.04.10 but no joy. Not convinced the dates in the titles actually tie up with the videos unfortunately. 

Aye your right was Flynn that scored. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

it was a testament to his skill given the state of the pitch!!

Pitch.jpg

RFlynn scoresvWell(a2)3.jpg

3 hours ago, Craigie Watson said:

I was reading a report in the Falkirk Herald yesterday which was complaining about Puddefoots inconsistent form. The reporter expressed his frustration that such a talented player showed his skill so infrequently in a Falkirk FC shirt. Does this sound familiar?

I wish, we don't even get skill as often as that now.