The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If the directors are business savvy they will have these scenarios covered.

Rennie / Miller on probation which most likely suits both sides. Come March the board will start to either negotiate and extension to their contract or look for a new manager.

As for squad its a clear out with maybe 3-5 remaining for the next season then the hard call on a full time / part time set up.

Intersting times

Wouldn’t bet against a hybrid model for next season, let’s face it if we want a better player, bottom line is we need to pay the going rate. 

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

As for squad its a clear out with maybe 3-5 remaining for the next season then the hard call on a full time / part time set up.

We don't know what clauses are in players contract if for example we don't get promoted.  There may be several or none. 

However, we do know how long they all signed up for when they joined. 

And we have thirteen players under contract for next season. 

For that reason your assumption of only 3-5 remaining is highly unlikely. 

Those under contract for next year only are Nesbitt, McGuffie, Ross, Hetherington, Holt, Martin, Sneddon, Watson, Williamson (Ryan) and Wilson. 

Morrison, McKay and McCann are here for a further year beyond that. 

12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

You really are a crabbit git aren't you,we are in L1 and as Peter Houston said Deal With It.We are in a place that decent strikers with a bit of experience don't want to play.

Well to get out this league we're going to need one and that's that I'm afraid. Either that or we'll be down here for many years to come.

We have dealt with so much shit over the past few years that the fact that Holt literally gave his OWN SON - with no footballing pedigree - a TWO-YEAR contract, was far too glossed over. Man is an absolute charlatan. Hope he never gets another job in football.

We just don't look like a side that's going to go on a run of good results at all which is what we need to have any chance of getting out this league. We're back to playing on a par with the middle part of Sheerins spell. We don't score enough goals and are always liable to give one or two away.  The Jurys very much still out on the January business at the moment.The decision is what do we do from here?  No point spending more money unless we really go for it as whoever comes in would need to improve us drastically for us to have any chance of promotion. You could bring in a couple of players but would they be good enough to really make a difference or are we better just knocking this season on the head and saving cash.  No point going half roads if you ask me. It has to be all or nothing.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just came on to post that!

Yesterday we watched McGuffie and Hetherington play the same position, on the same turf, where Will Vaulks used to play emoji17.png

yep. how the mighty have fallen. Will holding his own so far at Anfield. miss those thunderbolt shots, the engine, the attitude, the long throws. probably makes my falkirk all time 11.

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

yep. how the mighty have fallen. Will holding his own so far at Anfield. miss those thunderbolt shots, the engine, the attitude, the long throws. probably makes my falkirk all time 11.

Yeah he would probably get in mine once I let go of players who objectively werent as good but fill that special place in my heart of being a teenager at Brockville..... Absolutely loved watching him, and he was great value to watch off the ball too. Always being an annoying dick to someone. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Any news on Morrison, MR said he’s had a knock, but he’s “no Doctor”!when asked. Thought It was slightly off key.

Was a Paul Hartley esque response. Well done to Lewis for asking the question and for pressing on the time frame for his recovery 

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yeah, I thought it was a rude and unnecessary response tbh to a standard question. 

I think that it was a wee sign that despite a general air of serenity, Rennie is probably in unfamiliar territory of seeing things not go his way as quickly as he would like. His interview kind of alluded that it will be “a few weeks” before performances reach the levels he expects. Again, I am struggling to see how that is possible with the current midfield players at his disposal.

Us coming good with 8 or 9 games to go might all be just a little too late. We have played the side we hope to catch three times now, and we have one point to show for it. There’s going to have to be one hell of a shift in performances in order to turn things around.

19 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Just been booked

I reckon Will just said to the rest of his defenders “let’s concede a second goal, and let’s make it a tribute to my beloved Falkirk”.

Perhaps we need to stop fucking around and plan for next year. Get Rennie and Miller signed up and start working on making progress towards a title winning squad for next season.

It was never going to get fixed in a single window. 

Despite 1/2 stooge types with nothing good to say about the new regime, i think most fans would agree that we give Rennie more time. Let’s make that clear now, if we ‘come together last 8/9 games’ and that is too late at least we can carry that into next season with additions rather than starting from scratch (again). 

16 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Perhaps we need to stop fucking around and plan for next year. Get Rennie and Miller signed up and start working on making progress towards a title winning squad for next season.

It was never going to get fixed in a single window. 

Despite 1/2 stooge types with nothing good to say about the new regime, i think most fans would agree that we give Rennie more time. Let’s make that clear now, if we ‘come together last 8/9 games’ and that is too late at least we can carry that into next season with additions rather than starting from scratch (again). 

I haven’t seen anything yet from Rennie to warrant an extended deal tbh.

It may well be that things do ‘come good’ in a few weeks and we can look at contract extensions then, but imo it would be hugely premature to  make those decisions now.

I agree that I'd like to give Rennie/Miller next season and some proper backing to let them build their own squad but looking at the list of contracts for next year we're going to have to keep more players than we'd like.
Was happy to see a fightback in the 2nd half yesterday as I spent first half thinking that my apathy had grown to the point that it was the least annoyed I'd ever been at seeing us losing.
I think a decent end to the season is needed to generate some positivity for next year and goodwill towards the new board/management team.