The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Arbroath have recruited exceptionally well. They’ve managed to sign the best crop of the part time players. I’m struggling to think of someone PT who would get in their starting 11? Ballantyne or Webster perhaps? They’ve also complimented this group with very good loan signings (and have done the past few seasons). Recruitment in football is everything and something we’ve failed miserably with the past 5 seasons. 

Fyvie, Megginson, Logan and Vigors

We should take a look at Chris Hamilton who is on loan from Hearts and I guess won’t get a contract there. Proper attitude and quality defender. 

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We should take a look at Chris Hamilton who is on loan from Hearts and I guess won’t get a contract there. Proper attitude and quality defender. 

Not sure with Vigurs or Logan but definitely the first two. I’d rather have McKenna as an attacking mid.

Yep good shout with Hamilton, I’d listened to a podcast with Dick Campbell who singled him out for praise and hinted it looks like he’s being let go. 

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Think he's a bit small for centre back but he's a good battling ball winner in the middle of the park. He had a loan at Dumbarton last season that didn't quite go to plan but the year before him and Connor Smith had a really good loan at Cowdenbeath. Hearts fan from my work was expecting them to battle for a place when they came back but it didn't work out. Smith's also out of contract in the summer another we should be all over. Hopefully he's not up to much today right enough.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Think he's a bit small for centre back but he's a good battling ball winner in the middle of the park. He had a loan at Dumbarton last season that didn't quite go to plan but the year before him and Connor Smith had a really good loan at Cowdenbeath. Hearts fan from my work was expecting them to battle for a place when they came back but it didn't work out. Smith's also out of contract in the summer another we should be all over. Hopefully he's not up to much today right enough.

Connor Smith is a really good wee player. He’s energetic, got good feet and direct. I’d imagine quite a few teams will be keen to pick him up in the summer on a free as there’s bags of potential there. He’s not ready to play for hearts I’d say but I could see him at that level in years to come. Here’s hoping he plays a blinder today 🤣

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Connor Smith is a really good wee player. He’s energetic, got good feet and direct. I’d imagine quite a few teams will be keen to pick him up in the summer on a free as there’s bags of potential there. He’s not ready to play for hearts I’d say but I could see him at that level in years to come. Here’s hoping he plays a blinder today 🤣

Can play in a fair few positions as well.  Exactly the type of energy we've been missing all season in the middle of the park.

35 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We often share gut feelings. Don’t know why but can see us winning 3-0 or 3-1, with some decent attacking stuff. Almost certainly won’t happen 

Last week the team was literally thrown together last minute. Rennie will have had a week to get them more up to speed. QP run is worse than ours 

Just now, Russ said:

Craig McGuffie and Brad Mackay. f**k me. Why are we continuing to play absolutely dugshite like that?

Looks like

mutch

mckay Watson Dixon

williamson McGuffie Jacobs Telfer ATS

dowds Kabia