The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Those share in B4L name or FSS? 

FSS, but we’d make clear how many shares were purchased with B4L funds and give concurrent FSS membership to B4L contributors so they have a say in how a much larger holding is managed. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
4 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

When the B4L shares are given to FSS by the club as agreed at the B4L AGM then it will mean FSS will democratically and transparently control 187,000 shares (If my memory is correct on the numbers) in the club. That is a pretty good start to the venture.

Something to celebrate. 

Aye I’d like to think so. They were only signed to make up the numbers really and I’d imagine all 3 will get punted in the summer so makes sense to get them out playing games rather than keeping them about just to collect the balls in the pre match warm up.

Guest Brockvillenomore
5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Those share in B4L name or FSS? 

Good question. FSS at 40p a share I assume?

I’m going to cancel my BfL membership, mainly because I don’t agree with giving cash prizes which could be used to buy shares.

10 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Some Kant at Aberdeen I heard.

Didn’t see all the game, but Arbroath genuine contenders for going up.

9 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

Arbroath show how simple it can actually be.

good manager. Committed players and you’re good to go.

Didn’t see all the game, but genuine contenders for promotion if not champions. 

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Didn’t see all the game, but Arbroath genuine contenders for going up.

Didn’t see all the game, but genuine contenders for promotion if not champions. 

Just so we're clear, did you or did you not see all of the game?

Edited by FFC 1876

11 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

Arbroath show how simple it can actually be.

good manager. Committed players and you’re good to go.

If they keep this up, Arbroath fans will need to get used to these sort of patronising comments.  

No, it's not as simple as that or every team in the bottom 3 tiers would be able to do what they're doing.  They have an exceptional team and I never thought I'd say this but an exceptional manager as well. 

They'll deserve everything they get and it'll be through ability much more than it'll be because they were "committed" "plucky" or "hard working" - those don't keep you top of the Championship after 36 games if you don't have talent.    

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest TedCrilly

Arbroath have recruited exceptionally well. They’ve managed to sign the best crop of the part time players. I’m struggling to think of someone PT who would get in their starting 11? Ballantyne or Webster perhaps? They’ve also complimented this group with very good loan signings (and have done the past few seasons). Recruitment in football is everything and something we’ve failed miserably with the past 5 seasons. 

Edited by TedCrilly