The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Disagree tbh. It was signing utter shite that got us in to this mess.

Bringing in cheap dross for the sake of making a signing is what has lead to having big squads but being stuck with the likes of Hall, Mercer, Ross, Leitch, Francis, Wilson, Ompreon etc 

No problem at all with playing 750 a week if they can contribute like McManus did. 

Fair enough, that’s your view. We’ve been becoming steadily worse whilst fishing the pond of players on 500-800 a week, and progressively getting less attractive on a sporting level. 

Decent players on this level of wage can easily play in the championship for teams above where we are now....just like McManus as you said. 

QP spent money assembling their squad, they ain’t world beaters but a few will be on good deals, and right now the table shows that’s got them ahead of us.

Nothing wrong with paying for quality. 

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So we’re QP yesterday - but they are not. 

For someone who gets no information on Falkirk signings you've certainly got very good contacts at QP and Dundee to know exactly who QP are after and how much Dundee paid Griffiths per week.  

Almost Shadwell level contacts.  Very impressive.  

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

For someone who gets no information on Falkirk signings you've certainly got very good contacts at QP and Dundee to know exactly who QP are after and how much Dundee paid Griffiths per week.  

Almost Shadwell level contacts.  Very impressive.  

😂

9 hours ago, ftid 1876 said:

Am I alone in feeling that I'm really going to struggle to go back and watch the team?   I've stayed away for the past 3 weeks to see what happens re DGW signing.

Let's face it if we did in fact bid for him, we are every bit as bad as Raith!  Again if, how can I look fans of the biggot brothers in the eye at work and claim to support a "family club"

Remember Mccracken saying on Falkirk tv that we wouldn't be signing him?  How hard would it be for someone from the club to either confirm or deny.

Heh heh heh! 

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What a shambles. At the end of the day it's a hell of a climb down from what they were saying only a day or so ago.  Theyve completely shat the bed knowing there would be complaints but not realising the size of the problem. I just hope that all the folk that have pulled sponsorship stick to their guns until the bod and manager are replaced.

Captain & players backing GW in todays press. Manager and board complete U turn and now in no man’s land.

What a f………. disaster 

13 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Enough speculation and to more important matters, what’s happening with FSS and BFL? I thought membership of BFL automatically gave you membership of FSS. All quiet on that front. 

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

That is correct as I understand it.

A BFL member can attend the FSS AGM and put themselves forward to serve as a director.

That's what we want to happen. The agreement is that BFL members get concurrent membership of FSS and FSS holds shares purchased by B4L’s contribution. FSS also helps promote BFL as we've done with the website (below)  This was all agreed with the club, FSS and BFL last hear, and ratified by BFL members at their AGM in November. 

We need BFL to give us the list of members - less anyone who opts out (GDPR) - so we can include them on our database. That hasn't happened yet, but needs to before 11 February which is the deadline for this round of elections. Similarly, we expect to receive the shares from BFL’s January payment so we can put them together with the purchase FSS made last month. 

More below - hope this happens soon as it's a smashing example of Falkirk fans working together for the greater good. 

https://falkirksupporters.org/bairnforlife/

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Fucking grow up and dry your eyes man. Get this family club nonsense so far to f**k. 

We're a shite league 1 side. Being a family club matters not one bit in our current position.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

This whole saga will cost them hundreds of thousands. 

Get it up them. 

Would you have taken him or not?

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Whilst I'd be inclined to think even a half fit Griffiths would scoosh this league, the Dundee fans I know haven't been impressed with him. Saying that, they also though McDaid would do well for us

They did mention he's got an 8 game ban coming up for kicking a smoke bomb at St Johnstone fans, probably why he was offered a pay as you play deal 

If he's got such a lengthy ban coming up then what's the point if he has to serve them this season. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What a shambles. At the end of the day it's a hell of a climb down from what they were saying only a day or so ago.  Theyve completely shat the bed knowing there would be complaints but not realising the size of the problem. I just hope that all the folk that have pulled sponsorship stick to their guns until the bod and manager are replaced.

Just hoping we don't put in another offer and the 43% who voted for him stay quiet! 

Just hoping we don't put in another offer and the 43% who voted for him stay quiet! 

I don’t think anyone will be making an offer for him now tbh….

At a guess Raith may try to loan him out to Clyde (if that’s possible) to offset the wages of a player they can’t sell.

19 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

Christ! It was bad enough wanting him in the first place, if the BOD go for him now having seen what the reaction was at Raith then they deserve all they get!

So Are you  (the Fans ) going to ask the Question of your club that they were (allegedly )

willing to sign DGW ?

and does the fact you MAY have failed  in doing so make the Board At FFC any better than RRFC ?

Asking for a friend .

So Are you  (the Fans ) going to ask the Question of your club that they were (allegedly )
willing to sign DGW ?
and does the fact you MAY have failed  in doing so make the Board At FFC any better than RRFC ?
Asking for a friend .

Lots of us said our piece regarding this. Including to the club. I certainly emailed them. Cant do more than that.

I dont expect firther comment on this shitshow from our board. I dont know how our why our interest came to and end, or whether the fans group surveyed were listened to. Neither do you.

I will accept a quiet and ultimately cheap lesson learned by the board, as long as it has been learned.

Eta seen a few takes kicking about trying to lump us in with Raith being "just as bad"
And you can f**k right off with that. We didnt sign him. If we had id have piled on same as all other decent fans, but we didnt.

Just now, Vegetableman said:

But the intention was there , have a word with your club and give them a some heavy stick

otherwise 

sweep-under-rug.jpg

Already done that mate. Maybe you didnt bother to read my post? Or pay any attention to this thread. We all said our piece, we didnt sign the player. There is absolutely no need to discuss the matter further. 

Like I said, a cheap lesson for a new board.