Guest Brockvillenomore
46 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Don’t kid yourself-you had 3 bids for DGW  turned down

You got lucky in that you got outbid on 2 fronts;

1. Fee offered

2. Wages offered

🪁

Guest Brockvillenomore

Enough speculation and to more important matters, what’s happening with FSS and BFL? I thought membership of BFL automatically gave you membership of FSS. All quiet on that front. 

Having established you’re the old guard in one of two guises, with a negative agenda just give us all a break and crawl back under your stone and leave us in peace. 

Whilst your point may be valid here, I don’t think we should ignore how close we came to disaster.
The board put out a statement about making unpopular decisions. If they had (appreciate there is no such evidence) signed DGW, not only would the board be guilty of not listening to fan opinion, (remember the fan vote was against signing him), they would have outdid the poor decision making of previous boards to a level that we would never have recovered from.
If, we tried to buy him, I truly hope we have learned a lesson here….

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Griffiths would be a monumental waste of money.  He's done.  Overweight and not interested in putting in any effort on the pitch.  

As for those saying he'd do well... even if he did decide he would bother his arse, strikers still need service.  If we've money to burn we should be spending it on the midfield.  

Also given everything that's happened over the last 48hrs, if we weren't in for DGW then there's an open PR goal waiting for us if the board released a statement saying we were never in interested.  Given the silence I'm convinced we were in for him and we got very lucky.  

Griffiths wouldn't bring as much baggage but I doubt he'd be value for money on the pitch given the state he's in.  There surely must be better options out there for £1500 a week.  

I was thinking that too. 

A lot said on here that Goodwillie wouldn’t move or it iwas paper talk…well the Raith move was previously paper talk and look what happened. 

I’m happy to not find out the real truth as it doesn’t put us at a much better standing than Raith. Just hope that if we did try to get him then lessons are learned from what’s been happening in Kirkcaldy to make sure we never consider it. 

As for Griffiths, I also think he’s done. Another Riordan or O’Connor who’s finished at 31. If his pal at Dundee can’t get the best out of him then not sure who will. Would rather spend the money elsewhere. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Don’t kid yourself-you had 3 bids for DGW  turned down

You got lucky in that you got outbid on 2 fronts;

1. Fee offered

2. Wages offered

Did we aye? So you are the one punter that the Clyde Board or the Falkirk Board chose to confide in with these very specific details. Of course, we believe you, of course we do.

As someone just old enough to remember seeing George Connelly squeeze into a Falkirk strip barely three years after being named Scottish Sports Writers Player of the Year, please leave Mr Griffiths to some other club. 

Like the man I mention, he's rapidly become a shadow of the player he was and arguably still could be. 

10 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was thinking that too. 

A lot said on here that Goodwillie wouldn’t move or it is was paper talk…well the Raith move was previously paper talk and look what happened. 

I’m happy to not find out the real truth as it doesn’t put us at a much better standing than Raith. Just hope that if we did try to get him then lessons are learned from what’s been happening in Kirkcaldy to make sure we never consider it. 

As for Griffiths, I also think he’s done. Another Riordan or O’Connor who’s finished at 31. If his pal at Dundee can’t get the best out of him then not sure who will. Would rather spend the money elsewhere. 

Same here, I really don’t want to know. If we had indeed made an approach (however tentative), then all that we could hope for is a bit of quiet reflection and an acceptance that they haven’t dodged a bullet, they have avoided a visit from the Enola Gay.

If they hadn’t made an approach, then I am sure everyone slept well these past two nights knowing their judgement on the matter was spot on.

8 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Erm...except I didn't. 

I backed them up to end of September at which point we'd drawn with Cove and Montrose away, played QP off the park and won away to Airdrie.  None of those 4 looked any better than us at that stage and that's just fact.  

What I did get bang on was that DGW would have been an unmitigated disaster while you pretended none of the patrons knew anything about it.  I really hope we've learned our lesson there and realise how lucky we've been.  

So what's your opinion on Griffiths being worth the money?  

You 100% said Holt and Sheerin put together the best squad in this league. I remember you being mocked for it on various fronts.

As far a DGW goes I have no idea whether we bid for hiM, the rumours certainly suggest we made some sort of approach but nothing is concrete. I said at the time we should not sign him. The fallout at Raith shows that to be correct. 

I will allow Martin Rennie to make the call on Griffiths if it is true. At the end of the day if he thinks that Griffiths is worth that money he isn’t doing it without sitting down with him and discussing his situation. He will know much more than you whether he is washed up or not. You have no idea what is in his mind, Rennie will have a much better idea than you. If he signs and he is being paid what is rumoured and he doesn’t contribute then it will be on Rennie head. That is why he is employed. 

My own views is we should sign him if we can get him and financially it is affordable.

I can tell you for one that unless we do bring in quality the thick end of Holt and Sheerin’s squad that you thought were the best in the league are going to cost us a hell of a lot more than it would signing Griffiths because we will be in this league next season for sure. Financially disastrous. It will be the second time Holts involvement in a Falkirk will have cost us big time. Now you are talking a complete waste of money! 

30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You 100% said Holt and Sheerin put together the best squad in this league. I remember you being mocked for it on various fronts.

As far a DGW goes I have no idea whether we bid for hiM, the rumours certainly suggest we made some sort of approach but nothing is concrete. I said at the time we should not sign him. The fallout at Raith shows that to be correct. 

I will allow Martin Rennie to make the call on Griffiths if it is true. At the end of the day if he thinks that Griffiths is worth that money he isn’t doing it without sitting down with him and discussing his situation. He will know much more than you whether he is washed up or not. You have no idea what is in his mind, Rennie will have a much better idea than you. If he signs and he is being paid what is rumoured and he doesn’t contribute then it will be on Rennie head. That is why he is employed. 

My own views is we should sign him if we can get him and financially it is affordable.

I can tell you for one that unless we do bring in quality the thick end of Holt and Sheerin’s squad that you thought were the best in the league are going to cost us a hell of a lot more than it would signing Griffiths because we will be in this league next season for sure. Financially disastrous. It will be the second time Holts involvement in a Falkirk will have cost us big time. Now you are talking a complete waste of money! 

I've seen a few posts where you are still talking up promotion as a realistic possibility.  You can't seriously believe that after this window ?

The best result for us this season  with this squad is still being in this league next year. I think relegation is massively unlikely but it's more likely than promotion. 

5 hours ago, ftid 1876 said:

Am I alone in feeling that I'm really going to struggle to go back and watch the team?   I've stayed away for the past 3 weeks to see what happens re DGW signing.

Let's face it if we did in fact bid for him, we are every bit as bad as Raith!  Again if, how can I look fans of the biggot brothers in the eye at work and claim to support a "family club"

Remember Mccracken saying on Falkirk tv that we wouldn't be signing him?  How hard would it be for someone from the club to either confirm or deny.

Look, if you canny be arsed going then just don’t go. You don’t need to find an excuse.

53 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I've seen a few posts where you are still talking up promotion as a realistic possibility.  You can't seriously believe that after this window ?

The best result for us this season  with this squad is still being in this league next year. I think relegation is massively unlikely but it's more likely than promotion. 

Your constant moaning about the window is boring as f**k, and to a man every one who has arrived is better than what we had (even if we do have dross still in the overall squad)

As others have said it was never going to be fixed in on January window, you seriously didn’t think otherwise after the rotten players we amassed under Holt? Surely? 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Why the negative view yes we have been hit and miss but showing signs of improvement, until its mathematically impossible then its still a go (albeit playoffs barring a Cove collapse on a Falkirk scale) and we still have a chance.

As for the poster who said how hard is it for the board to confirm and deny, can you explain other than being a nosy b*****d and wanting to know for the sake of saying to someone we were in for DG why do that need too, they owe us no confirmation or even a denial that we were in for him.  It was rumour and paper talk and the rumours were the grand total of about 4 posters on here.

reading the past few posts there seem to be a few that want the new board and manager to fail for whatever reason I don't know, but they have some resentment at the changes that have happened (get over it they happened). Like the DG transfer to Raith its done and over and done with (well for us it is) move on 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We win Saturday we are very much still in the mix, lose it will be very very difficult. 
It is not about it being a realistic possibility, for me it is very much a must that we try. Saving a few quid this window won’t help very much next season still being in this league. 
On the possibility of Griffiths signing. Two examples of players who were washed up before and did a huge turn for the club were Stainrod and Latapy. If Rennie thinks he can get a tune out of him we should trust his judgement. If he fails it is on Rennie’s head. 

6 hours ago, ftid 1876 said:

Am I alone in feeling that I'm really going to struggle to go back and watch the team?   I've stayed away for the past 3 weeks to see what happens re DGW signing.

Let's face it if we did in fact bid for him, we are every bit as bad as Raith!  Again if, how can I look fans of the biggot brothers in the eye at work and claim to support a "family club"

Remember Mccracken saying on Falkirk tv that we wouldn't be signing him?  How hard would it be for someone from the club to either confirm or deny.

I stayed away from attending games due to the regime in charge of our club as did others, but to stay away because of a rumour is daft.

56 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There are a few on here who definitely seem to have an agenda that requires them to post negative comments on just about anything the new BoD and management team do even if it’s only unproven rumours.

The collective term for these people is arseholes.

We all know who these couple posters are likely to be and the shit stirring and attempts at negativity only confirm the reasons they were hounded out of our club. Genuine fans are happy to be proven wrong to see the club succeed, these people want to be proven right and will actively hope the club fails to prove they’re agenda. How we ever ended up in a position where we had these poisonous, self promoting individuals running our club is a scandal and one that I’m happy has now been rectified. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.