The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Griffiths would be a monumental waste of money.  He's done.  Overweight and not interested in putting in any effort on the pitch.  

As for those saying he'd do well... even if he did decide he would bother his arse, strikers still need service.  If we've money to burn we should be spending it on the midfield.  

Also given everything that's happened over the last 48hrs, if we weren't in for DGW then there's an open PR goal waiting for us if the board released a statement saying we were never in interested.  Given the silence I'm convinced we were in for him and we got very lucky.  

Griffiths wouldn't bring as much baggage but I doubt he'd be value for money on the pitch given the state he's in.  There surely must be better options out there for £1500 a week.  

You told us we had the best squad in the league and were probably banging on about it even in late October. We much have the players to supply him surely? 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

You told us we had the best squad in the league and were probably banging on about it even in late October. We much have the players to supply him surely? 

Up to the Alloa game in Sep, we were playing better than anyone else in the league.  Until the management completely sucked the life out of the team.  

If Rennie can get guys like Morrison and Nesbitt playing again then yes we could have enough.  These guys don't look like they're capable now, hopefully Rennie can get them firing again.  

I take it you think £1500 a week for an overweight, disinterested Griffiths is a good move?  

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I take it you think £1500 a week for an overweight, disinterested Griffiths is a good move?  

Unbelievable that anyone thinks this wouldn’t be anything other than a good move? We have moved players on and freed up wages, and I think having the best natural finisher Scotland has seen for about 10 years in League one would (fat or not) would certainly help. 

Up to the Alloa game in Sep, we were playing better than anyone else in the league.  Until the management completely sucked the life out of the team.  

If Rennie can get guys like Morrison and Nesbitt playing again then yes we could have enough.  These guys don't look like they're capable now, hopefully Rennie can get them firing again.  

I never commented on whether Griffiths is worth the money or not. 
you said in late October we have the best squad in the league. 
It was laughable then and looking at it now it was just a ridiculous comment  

£1500 x16 weeks works out a lot cheaper than Goodwillie fee to be fair.

Nothing more than thoughts here but maybe we’ve some budget to burn as DGW went elsewhere (phew!)
I’d assume the amount here is to outbid clubs such as Queens Park
I’d rather they offered him £1500 per goal. That would motivate him more…

24 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Also given everything that's happened over the last 48hrs, if we weren't in for DGW then there's an open PR goal waiting for us if the board released a statement saying we were never in interested.  Given the silence I'm convinced we were in for him and we got very lucky.  

Don’t kid yourself-you had 3 bids for DGW  turned down

You got lucky in that you got outbid on 2 fronts;

1. Fee offered

2. Wages offered

Edited by Bullyweeno1

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nothing more than thoughts here but maybe we’ve some budget to burn as DGW went elsewhere (phew!)

Wasn't Stainrod on £1 a week and a HUGE bonus when he signed?

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Heavy goal bonus and a decent promotion bonus ( unlikely to happen let’s be honest)

Posted this on the QP thread earlier. So you boys can have it too. Griffiths is heading down the Riordan path.

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Griffiths looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than a football pitch when we played Dundee the other week. A shame given the player he was in his prime, but I don't think I'd be throwing silly money at him if I were you guys. A change of scenery and being taken out the limelight might be what he needs...But I'm not sure it's worth the gamble.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I never commented on whether Griffiths is worth the money or not. 
you said in late October we have the best squad in the league. 
It was laughable then and looking at it now it was just a ridiculous comment  

Erm...except I didn't. 

I backed them up to end of September at which point we'd drawn with Cove and Montrose away, played QP off the park and won away to Airdrie.  None of those 4 looked any better than us at that stage and that's just fact.  

What I did get bang on was that DGW would have been an unmitigated disaster while you pretended none of the patrons knew anything about it.  I really hope we've learned our lesson there and realise how lucky we've been.  

So what's your opinion on Griffiths being worth the money?  

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Posted this on the QP thread earlier. So you boys can have it too. Griffiths is heading down the Riordan path.

Red flags left right and centre with Griffiths.  This isn't a Mo Johnston at 31 level of professional we'd be getting.  Its more like a Garry O'Connor at 31 deal.  

Red flags left right and centre with Griffiths.  This isn't a Mo Johnston at 31 level of professional we'd be getting.  Its more like a Garry O'Connor at 31 deal.  

Can’t believe he’s only 30 in this photo

25B4E3D0-F83C-463B-96A7-119840F7356A.jpeg

Guest Brockvillenomore
26 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Hopefully those in charge of our club see the damage that signing DGW would have done to our club.

Sad that they hadn’t given it any thought.

Having established you’re the old guard in one of two guises, with a negative agenda just give us all a break and crawl back under your stone and leave us in peace.