The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah, apparently accusations flying around concerning a RR pro Goodwillie poster also being “the R word”.

That club statement of theirs……..it did nothing more than cement the opinion that their Board and Manager are a set of repugnant individuals. Just vile people.

Gordon Brown and Aileen Campbell putting the boot in today as well.

Even the right wing press are having a field day with front page headlines 

What an enormous mess we have managed to avoid 

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was it any more that than chit chat, gossip and wishful thinking ?  Looking like it !

The only person that knows is Liam Craig and to his credit has not commented on it which reinforces the suspicion its was all a load of bullshit. 

Tbf I know from an extremely realible source that it wasn't all complete bullshit and we had enquired. Just a shame nothing seems to have come of it. 

57 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Raith entire thread has now vanished. 🤣 That's one thing that I don't think has ever happened to ours. 🤣🤣

I seen that, was going to post but i thought i might have been missing something or my eyesight was failing me .. 🤣

Does anyone buy into their directors resigning ?, i think this is them trying to same some face over them signing Goodwillie, given the way they acted over the promotion say one thing do the other i.e. aye we will back you for league reconstruction then go against it saying it isnt right or feasible. there no way they didnt know about it or nothing they could have done about it.

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Tbf I know from an extremely realible source that it wasn't all complete bullshit and we had enquired. Just a shame nothing seems to have come of it. 

With the amount of players signed and players returning from injury, guess it’s down to the manager simply saying no, or the deal we’ve offered isn’t to expectations (again if we’ve actually had interest in this guy) ITK…….?

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

I seen that, was going to post but i thought i might have been missing something or my eyesight was failing me .. 🤣

Does anyone buy into their directors resigning ?, i think this is them trying to same some face over them signing Goodwillie, given the way they acted over the promotion say one thing do the other i.e. aye we will back you for league reconstruction then go against it saying it isnt right or feasible. there no way they didnt know about it or nothing they could have done about it.

The vote was 4-2 in favour of signing him.

Therefore logic would suggest that these are the "2".

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The vote was 4-2 in favour of signing him.

Therefore logic would suggest that these are the "2".

Still dont buy into it, personally reckon they were waiting on how bad the reaction/backlash would be before sacking it.  If it wasnt as vociferous as it is would they still have resigned, anyway not our problem.

Wonder if there will be any signings made this week free agents or loan deals for us.

All we can hope for now is that Rennie has a nice big top hat capable of holding two rabbits.

We really have to start winning games (and not just the occasional ones). We have become very good at rationalising away why our latest defeat isn’t catastrophic.

Losing this Saturday will be catastrophic for three reasons. Firstly, it reinforces the fact that we cannot beat teams above us……it’s been an issue for a good few years now. Secondly, it gives QP a nice wee 5 point cushion, and thirdly, I cannot see them continuing to be as bad as they are once they have a new manager.

Defeat objectively makes Rennie’s record exactly the same as Sheerin’s……a point a game…….and that would be with five “new” players in the line up.

For me, it’s now or never. No more “next week”. Rennie’s biggest enemy is not his recruitment…….it’s time. He has very little of it left in order to turn things around.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

All we can hope for now is that Rennie has a nice bog top hat capable of holding two rabbits.

We really have to start winning games (and not just the occasional ones). We have become very good at rationalising away why our latest defeat isn’t catastrophic.

Losing this Saturday will be catastrophic for three reasons. Firstly, it reinforces the fact that we cannot beat teams above us……it’s been an issue for a good few years now. Secondly, it gives QP a nice wee 5 point cushion, and thirdly, I cannot see them continuing to be as bad as they are once they have a new manager.

Defeat objectively makes Rennie’s record exactly the same as Sheerin’s……a point a game…….and that would be with five “new” players in the line up.

For me, it’s now or never. No more “next week”. Rennie’s biggest enemy is not his recruitment…….it’s time. He has very little of it left in order to turn things around.

Mentioned this in an earlier post about the length of time he & KM have signed up to. Understand this may be mutual, but considering our last four years, are we really expecting MR to turn it around in best half a season, with the incumbents currently in the jerseys, even with a transfer window which is notoriously difficult?

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Mentioned this in an earlier post about the length of time he & KM have signed up to. Understand this may be mutual, but considering our last four years, are we really expecting MR to turn it around in best half a season, with the incumbents currently in the jerseys, even with a transfer window which is notoriously difficult?

Another way to look at it is MR take the helm sets things up, KM sees the way its being set up gets accustomed to the way things work at Falkirk, MR returns to family in the US and KM takes over as head coach (said himself he wanted back to Scotland to be with the family).

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Another way to look at it is MR take the helm sets things up, KM sees the way its being set up gets accustomed to the way things work at Falkirk, MR returns to family in the US and KM takes over as head coach (said himself he wanted back to Scotland to be with the family).

Didn't Rennie take the job because he wanted to break into UK/European management?  He won't do that by going back to the US in June.  

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Didn't Rennie take the job because he wanted to break into UK/European management?  He won't do that by going back to the US in June.  

Not sure, i think we are just working on assumption  and speculation tbh. I still think he is the right man for the job but Holt hasnt half saddled us or served up some shite.  I think the main issue with the players we are saddled with they are journeymen with the exception of a couple that have actually done something in football (alright Dixon), mindset being win lose or draw they are playing football they are picking up a wage and thats as far as it goes for them until the contract comes up for renewal or picked up by another club.

30 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

David Goodwillie
Why does he want to stay in the limelight?
If he was a brickie he would just be insignificant but he wants to be a big shot

It’s more a question of football being his only way to make a halfway reasonable living.

He is a halfwit with no other skills to call upon.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah, apparently accusations flying around concerning a RR pro Goodwillie poster also being “the R word”.

That club statement of theirs……..it did nothing more than cement the opinion that their Board and Manager are a set of repugnant individuals. Just vile people.

Just glad we failed in our multiple bids and the 43% from the FSS poll didn't get their way! 

Falkirk being mentioned in this article as one of two teams that was in for the rapist. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10466015/amp/STEPHEN-McGOWAN-David-Goodwillie-signing-triggered-PR-catastrophe-Raiths-making.html

I'm assuming this is the usual lazy journalism picking up rumours from P&B and COYB. 

Digusting use of far too many photos of him.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Radio saying that sturgeon says the Spfl or sfa should get involved. That sounds bloody ridiculous to me. He's been playing at Clyde for 5 years so they can't pick and choose what teams he can play for. 

It's a chance for her to show how much she *cares*, so of course she's demanding this lunacy. Unbelievably dangerous precedent she's trying to set there.