The Falkirk FC Thread

The "ITK" posters have shown repeatedly lately that they absolutely aren't. Don't think any have got the signings right. So when the same people insist we were in for GW, there's a fair chance they were talking shite. Again.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Shitstorm is a bit of an understatement, FM commenting now, more appropriate would be meltdown. Deservedly so…..

It's a bit strange though. It's not like Goodwillie has come back from the moon and been signed by Raith. He's been playing for Clyde for 5 years. He's just moved from one shit Scottish club to another. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Your point was the board don’t sign players. Ask the Raith fans  if they consider their board to be culpable of signing Goodwillie?

The stain on Raith Rover’s reputation and the impact it will have will last longer than John McGlynns tenure.

Just glad he’s not coming to us and never will be. 

And my point is valid. They hire a manger to judge this as well as every other signing. 

FWIW IMO this will not taint Raith long term. Only my opinion. DGW will move on as will John McGlynn. I really don’t give a flying f**k about them though. 

Why have Clyde never had this outrage? He has played for them for 4/5 years? 

It is getting boring now. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Personally I agree with you but it's exactly what will happen if Liam Craig does actually sign. We need some energy in there, someone who doesn't struggle going box to box. If we do manage to sign one I'd move Telfer on one into the 10.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson Dixon Mccann
Jacobs New
Telfer
Dowds Kabia

ATS or Dixon will play WB IMO when Dixon is fit. McCann can’t get in the team in front of MCGuffie. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And my point is valid. They hire a manger to judge this as well as every other signing. 

FWIW IMO this will not taint Raith long term. Only my opinion. DGW will move on as will John McGlynn. I really don’t give a flying f**k about them though. 

Why have Clyde never had this outrage? He has played for them for 4/5 years? 

It is getting boring now. 

I only replied to you so you’re as much to blame for this continuing to be a topic of conversation. 

Don’t give much of a flying f**k about Raith or Clyde either but do care that our board would never consider to sanction such a signing. 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

ATS or Dixon will play WB IMO when Dixon is fit. McCann can’t get in the team in front of MCGuffie. 

Feck knows why though?!

I've been happy with Rennie so far, I think there are small signs of improvement, but I can't understand why he's insisting on McGuffie as a WB. The only reason I can come up with is that McCann's maybe carrying a bit of an injury and Rennie doesn't think he can last the full 90? I hope that's the case because I really like McCann as a player, I think he could prove to be a real asset in a balanced midfield.

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Feck knows why though?!

I've been happy with Rennie so far, I think there are small signs of improvement, but I can't understand why he's insisting on McGuffie as a WB. The only reason I can come up with is that McCann's maybe carrying a bit of an injury and Rennie doesn't think he can last the full 90? I hope that's the case because I really like McCann as a player, I think he could prove to be a real asset in a balanced midfield.

Agreed. He was our strongest player November, December (admittedly wasn’t difficult) then had a shocker against Airdrie and hasn’t had a chance since. The McGuffie experiment is baffling from Rennie.

At one point Raith were owned by gangsters who were laundering drug money by increasing the gate income. This was confirmed to me by a Scottish Football Leage administrator who was speaking at a conference I organised on Scottish football in the late 90s but they (the SFL) did not want to open up that can of worms. 

Today they surpassed themselves.

Mental stuff that so many of our fans were in favour of this happening just a few weeks back.
IDGAF about all the "stop talkiing about it" chat.... This absolutely bears mentioning on our thread.

Some of us called this correctly. And its a minter fir those who didnt. Raith are getting dragged thru the mud and rightly so.

Imagine this was us.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

IDGAF about all the "stop talkiing about it" chat.... This absolutely bears mentioning on our thread.

Some of us called this correctly. And its a minter fir those who didnt. Raith are getting dragged thru the mud and rightly so.

Imagine this was us.

Well said, strange that we’ve got more posters on the RR site than on here at present 

I would imagine the loan discussions will be charging ahead, but as per usual, the stumbling blocks will be what percentage of a player’s salary they would want us to shell out for their player’s services.

If we want fringe player but decent quality, it’s going to cost (and probably won’t come from the Championship, that’s for sure).

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dixon is too old now to play as a wing back I'm afraid. He should be pushed in as a left sided centre half or as a traditionally full back. No idea about ATS as i haven't seen him play as a wing back before but for me McCann is still the best option. The potential is there.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Dixon is too old now to play as a wing back I'm afraid. He should be pushed in as a left sided centre half or as a traditionally full back. No idea about ATS as i haven't seen him play as a wing back before but for me McCann is still the best option. The potential is there.

He has played there most of his career 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He has played there most of his career 

He has but at Falkirk it has been as a full back in a 4 man defence. Only this season has seen us revert predominantly to a 3-5-2. 

You can't expect him to last 90 mins as an effective wing back in his mid 30's. He is comfortalbly our best defender so I'd much rather see him in a back 3.