The Falkirk FC Thread

I have to say I expected outcry in footballing circles regardless of who he signed for, but I'm pleasantly surprised at the systemic outcry of him signing. Unfortunately, I've got a feeling it's not representitive of footballing fans in general and when it eventually does die down he'll be back to coasting along as he was with Clyde.

Just now, Just a bairn said:

I have to say I expected outcry in footballing circles regardless of who he signed for, but I'm pleasantly surprised at the systemic outcry of him signing. Unfortunately, I've got a feeling it's not representitive of footballing fans in general and when it eventually does die down he'll be back to coasting along as he was with Clyde.

My guess is he'll "contract covid" to keep him away from the team for a week to two to try to let it blow over a bit before making a lower-key debut. 

6 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

So John McGlynn was quoted saying Goodwillie is a great signing for Raith. Is it? They’ve split their fan base, caused a divide between club and supporters, lost their main sponsor, lost their captain of the woman’s team and saw a few directors resign. Not a great signing in my book.

The split in their support seems to be 300 happy 1100 raging.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You can tell they knew it was a bad idea signing him because they didn’t bother with getting pictures of him at the stadium with the kit on

That’s actually a very good point. It just shows what many knew…..their Board would abandon integrity in favour of a shout at promotion. I really do hope they finish 5th or lower.

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Mental stuff that so many of our fans were in favour of this happening just a few weeks back.

Aye absolutely wild. Some fans justifying the potential signature that promotion would be worth losing a “few” fans for. Get more in if the teams doing well etc. Totally underestimating the true impact of this situation.

I hope the not insignificant number of Falkirk fans on the COYB facebook page (and a couple on here) the last month or so wanting Goodwillie to sign for us take the time to go over the the Raith thread on Pie & Bovril today and witness the absolute meltdown of their fanbase reacting to Goodwillie signing.  Please learn from this and maybe reconsider your views.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I hope the not insignificant number of Falkirk fans on the COYB facebook page (and a couple on here) the last month or so wanting Goodwillie to sign for us take the time to go over the the Raith threat on Pie & Bovril today and witness the absolute meltdown of their fanbase reacting to Goodwillie signing.  Please learn from this and maybe reconsider your views.

They won't, it'll just further entrench their viewpoint that everyone else is 'woke'.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

We don’t need 2 defensive midfielders as well as  5 defenders imo

Personally I agree with you but it's exactly what will happen if Liam Craig does actually sign. We need some energy in there, someone who doesn't struggle going box to box. If we do manage to sign one I'd move Telfer on one into the 10.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson Dixon Mccann
Jacobs New
Telfer
Dowds Kabia

Aye absolutely wild. Some fans justifying the potential signature that promotion would be worth losing a “few” fans for. Get more in if the teams doing well etc. Totally underestimating the true impact of this situation.

As I said earlier, I feel sorry for the majority of their supporters but I can’t help but say I’m enjoying the backlash directed at their turncoat board and manager. They’d sell their soul to make a quick buck or two.
Deserve everything that’s going their way today……

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

My point is that the MANAGER should not need to be told whether the signing is wrote for the club or not. They don’t just look at his football ability but all aspects of the guys character and what impact that would have. 

Your point was the board don’t sign players. Ask the Raith fans  if they consider their board to be culpable of signing Goodwillie?

The stain on Raith Rover’s reputation and the impact it will have will last longer than John McGlynns tenure.

Just glad he’s not coming to us and never will be.