The Falkirk FC Thread

Now that the Beast of the Raploch is no longer on the agenda can we now just leave the Wee Fifers to wallow in the filth that has descended on their club.

Lets get back to some good wholesome discussions about how shite our midfield is and how can Rennie fix it before Saturday.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Now that the Beast of the Raploch is no longer on the agenda can we now just leave the Wee Fifers to wallow in the filth that has descended on their club.

Lets get back to some good wholesome discussions about how shite our midfield is and how can Rennie fix it before Saturday.

Absolutely - midfield is still needing fixed 🙄

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Agree with that in general but the board can’t sanction a signing that will drive many of its customers away. 

Also what of Hughes spending a fortune on old players when it was clear he was looking to leave the club at the first opportunity? There’s been plenty of chat about the board being culpable of not standing up to Hughes back then. 

What of Hartley making a squad of complete nobodies? Was the board to ignore any alarm bells when he was signing a huge squad of players that no one had heard of?

I think the board by and large has to put trust in their manager but surely they have to make their own assessments as to value for money and in Goodwillie’s case the impact it will have to the clubs reputation?

My point is that the MANAGER should not need to be told whether the signing is wrote for the club or not. They don’t just look at his football ability but all aspects of the guys character and what impact that would have. 

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It hasn’t happened - I don’t believe it ever was going to - so hopefully that is the end of all the chatter about it. John McGlynn and Raith now have to deal with it 

We were 100% trying to sign him. New board and Rennie have got lucky he went to Raith. Massive lapse of judgement from them but hey ho some folK will just deny all Saying we were never in for him 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

We were 100% trying to sign him. New board and Rennie have got lucky he went to Raith. Massive lapse of judgement from them but hey ho some folK will just deny all Saying we were never in for him 🤷‍♂️

Unless you are Rennie, Miller, Sweeny or a Board member you cant say that for 100%. ....unless one of those has spoken out of turn, which I imagine is unlikley.

Even if it was the man himself or his agent, they may have just been trumpeting to get a better deal with Raith.

We will never know for sure until someone within the club makes a statement and I can't see that happening.

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Unless you are Rennie, Miller, Sweeny or a Board member you cant say that for 100%. ....unless one of those has spoken out of turn, which I imagine is unlikley.

Even if it was the man himself or his agent, they may have just been trumpeting to get a better deal with Raith.

We will never know for sure until someone within the club makes a statement and I can't see that happening.

What about Goodwillie? Pretty sure he will have known who was in for him?

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whether we truly were or truly were not I'm sure they will never ever contemplate a signing like that anyway after the shitstorm Raith are facing today.

Shitstorm is a bit of an understatement, FM commenting now, more appropriate would be meltdown. Deservedly so…..

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Shitstorm is a bit of an understatement, FM commenting now, more appropriate would be meltdown. Deservedly so…..

See one of their directors has resigned as well, surely to f**k he must have knew for them to sanction such a move. 

Whether we truly were or truly were not I'm sure they will never ever contemplate a signing like that anyway after the shitstorm Raith are facing today.
Yeah. I hope even though we never did it, a real lesson has been learned by our new BoD.

Can you imagine one board giving us THAT q and a, getting battered all over the worlds sports media, so shameful was it, then the board that replaces them unashamedly signing a rapist and getting this level of coverage.

Im pretty shocked by the scale of the backlash, and also pretty pleased about it. But that could so easily have been us and I just hope the new guys have quietly took on board that sometimes, 3 points on a Saturday isnt the most important thing.

They can go on about how busy it is, how much a baptism of fire they jave had taking on this new venture, by f**k, they arent as busy as the Raith board today, and will sleep better tonight.

It doesn’t matter. No-one on here knows 100% for certain if FFC played any part in it. So now we do indeed let Raith Rovers (and we all know Rape Rovers is going to stick) get on with it, and deal with the fall out.

They have gained a reputation of being a grasping outfit with a Board and manager all too happy to sell their souls for a wee bit of “success”. If nothing else, how the other players (and their WAGs) will be affected by this. Just glad it isn’t us, and quite frankly, it couldn’t happen to a more deserving outfit.

Anyway, to all matters FFC. I had been hoping for midfield outgoings and incomings beyond Jacobs, but I would think (hope) loan negotiations are charging ahead at full speed. By Saturday, the defence will at least know one another’s names, and ATS will be fit and ready. I guess it’ll be Williamson, ATS, Watson, Mills (if no Dixon) and McCann with a midfield of Jacobs +2 and then Dowds and Kiaba up front. 

I think we all know by now how this is likely to pan out with our existing midfield three.

At a time when we have fans coming together in the fss, plus bairns for life and increasing fan involvement off the park, signing Goodwille would have drove a massive wedge to split our support. The damage done to raith both financially with lose of sponsors and the reputation of the club is nowhere near worth what he brings on the field.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

See one of their directors has resigned as well, surely to f**k he must have knew for them to sanction such a move. 

Think it’s a “she” along with the Captain of their women’s team who when asked why, simply said “I don’t want any part of this”.

47 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Massively lucky? That makes it sound like we were chasing him right up to deadline day. Can’t see we were doing that TBH. 

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Think it’s a “she” along with the Captain of their women’s team who when asked why, simply said “I don’t want any part of this”.

Definitely a bloke also their supporters liason officer:

image.thumb.png.0268b1558cb9ca4bf5c02b89a03b07fb.png

48 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What about Goodwillie? Pretty sure he will have known who was in for him?

Just what I said..... but maybe, just maybe he was playing the negotiation game to get a better deal. Who knows ?

I should add..... the only other people who will know for a fact are the Clyde Management contingent