The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Problem is Wilson can only go to Elgin, Ompreon is hardly going to have clubs queuing up and McKay is unlikely to give up 2.5 more years of income.

If McKay knows what’s good for his career he’ll get his agent to find a move. Why any ‘pro’ would be happy not even playing reserves is beyond me. Wish folk would stop making it seem as if we will 100% pay someone to sit about for full term and they’d be happy with that - they won’t be.

4 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

If McKay knows what’s good for his career he’ll get his agent to find a move. Why any ‘pro’ would be happy not even playing reserves is beyond me. Wish folk would stop making it seem as if we will 100% pay someone to sit about for full term and they’d be happy with that - they won’t be.

It's happened on a number of occasions before.  Will cost a fortune to pay him off and the 3 year deal was the reason he signed for us in the first place so he isn't going to chuck that away.

Thankfully, despite what some think, John McGlynn is not, never was and hopefully never will be our manager.

Proved with his statement last night he’s an absolutely horrible human being.

Knows the Scottish market well eh !! Well clearly he doesn’t know or care about what his own fans want or care about. A disgusting person.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Genuinely feel sorry for the Raith fans this morning. Horrible for them.

Not in the slightest on a few occasions they have mamaged to show how far they will go the death of Bob McCallum, the season they got promoted being another and i see some of their fanms have no accepted it and said to those condemning the move as virtue signallers trying to take amoral high ground.

As been mentioned you reap what you sow and have no sympathy for them in any way shape or form.

18 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Not in the slightest on a few occasions they have mamaged to show how far they will go the death of Bob McCallum, the season they got promoted being another and i see some of their fanms have no accepted it and said to those condemning the move as virtue signallers trying to take amoral high ground.

As been mentioned you reap what you sow and have no sympathy for them in any way shape or form.

Re: Goodwillie signing for Raith Rovers, I’m really quite conflicted at the moment; on the one hand I want to give a right GIRFUY to all their posters who have come on this thread and given us dog’s abuse and reveled in our discomfiture at our situation over the last few seasons, especially that p***k @raith raver. On the other hand, however, I do feel a lot of sympathy for their decent supporters who are rightly disgusted and embarrassed by the signing. We came within a baw hair of being in their predicament – PHEW!!

Re: Goodwillie signing for Raith Rovers, I’m really quite conflicted at the moment; on the one hand I want to give a right GIRFUY to all their posters who have come on this thread and given us dog’s abuse and reveled in our discomfiture at our situation over the last few seasons, especially that p***k [mention=28648]raith raver[/mention]. On the other hand, however, I do feel a lot of sympathy for their decent supporters who are rightly disgusted and embarrassed by the signing. We came within a baw hair of being in their predicament – PHEW!!
Yeah, I feel the same. But tbh, Raith are what they are, doesnt mean there arent plenty of decent, normal fans just like myself who dont deserve to have to make the choice they face now.

I am happy enough to give a wee get it up ye to the ones who revelled in it, but I cant actually be fucked seeking out names.

The ones who really deserve it are the ones who are saying the signing is ok because he scores goals.

Anyway the key thing here is despite the ill advised flirting with him from our new board, its not us. And THANK f**k FOR THAT!

The reality of this signing, respect for there biggest fan and sponsor Val;

I have this morning ended my lifelong support of @RaithRovers  over their signing of the rapist David Goodwillie. I have cancelled next season’s shirt sponsorship over this disgusting and despicable move. This shatters any claim to be a community or family club. 1/2

As much as I personally believe in second chances, I didn’t want us to sign Goodwillie because I don’t want a player being brought in that’s going to divide the fan base and lead to some fans feeling uncomfortable attending games.

That’s exactly what Rape Rovers have done. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This has probably been quite a smart window. 

We'll avoid relegation now and have shipped out some of the dead wood without hopefully splurging too much patron cash.

Think the new board have done really well so far. Booted Cones and Holt. Got rid of Ben Hall. Haven't signed any rapists. 

The transfer window shows our standing in the game and how the club are perceived by others and by its custodians.

2 Livingston fringe players. 1 Pars free transfer. 1 Hull City youngster. 1 returning loan.

So can we put to bed this nonsense Falkirk's a big club, money talks. No its not we are where we are because that's our level at present

The brief Rennie and Miller have is. Avoid relegation and a play off spot is a bonus.

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

I wonder what the numpties at our club who thought it was a good idea to even think about signing him are thinking now? I hope they realise how lucky they are they didn’t get him. Makes you wonder how fit they actually are to be running the club? 😞

I doubt we’ll ever know what the clubs true stance was with this piece of shite, but thankfully he’ll be nowhere near our club.
Rape Rovers will be the name well all be accustomed to now…

17 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The transfer window shows our standing in the game and how the club are perceived by others and by its custodians.

2 Livingston fringe players. 1 Pars free transfer. 1 Hull City youngster. 1 returning loan.

So can we put to bed this nonsense Falkirk's a big club, money talks. No its not we are where we are because that's our level at present

The brief Rennie and Miller have is. Avoid relegation and a play off spot is a bonus.

So what you're saying is the team who are 6th in the third division of scottish football signed two fringe players from a Scottish Premiership club, a free agent who was again most recently in the Scottish Premiership, another free agent who was only available due to a bust up with his previous championship club and a promising young defender who regularly captained the u23 & u18 side for his english championship club?

We'll also not be done, there'll be a few more signings yet.

Edited by FFC 1876

In terms of effort, the signings we have made so far have been a vast improvement on the last four years (give or take very few exceptions). I'm still watching Paul Watson's tackle in the Montrose highlights, as that kind of commitment has been lacking and sincerely hope that giving up two easy goals like we did will be a thing of the past (made more certain by whoever we bring in or returns from injury). Maybe not a promotion just yet, but an actual signal of intent.

As for the bullet we dodged, I'm delighted but I'm also feeling for those in my home town (I was born in Kirkcaldy, but thankfully pulled on a different blue), who never wanted Goodwillie and now have him, as well as the baggage for the next couple of years.

I personally still don’t know if the board were ever in for goodwillie.

If they were, it’s clear from the Raith reaction tnat they hideously misjudged it. Unlike previous boards, I hope they take stock, and learn from their first gigantic mistake.