The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Good explanation for the difficulties involved in the transfer process. 

No doubt Shadwell will be along shortly to tell everyone he's talking sh*t and good managers just get it done. 

No different from any other transfer window;

Can you match this offer from ………….what are the addons……..what is the bonus for getting promotion.

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No doubt Shadwell will be along shortly to tell everyone he's talking sh*t and good managers just get it done. 

They do though at the end of the day that's why they are successful. Noone said it was easy but if you don't get the players in you struggle. Just a fact of football.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Wouldn't want to lose Morrison, Telfer or Nesbitt but you can't have a midfield full of the same type of player like that. Played in a balanced midfield each of them could really shine. If we do lose any of them then no doubt we'll all be on here in a few months complaining about how well they're doing in a higher league...

Hall away is a good move for us and probably for him as well. 

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Referee on Saturday was the worst that I have seen in a long, long time.

It was a night and day performance, first half it was refreshing to see tackles happen. The 2nd half was back to.  the norm, the Watson booking from a free kick he originally gave to Falkirk and Dowds booking from being nowhere near the keeper.

15 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

Dowds being overweight is the biggest myth going. He’s in fine shape and done a power of running for the 90 minutes. Literally had zero service from Telfer and Nisbett.

3-5-2 is crucial the wing backs are effective, if not it's 5-3-2  which to stick up a bit for the midfield 3, makes it difficult.

Hagi, Mcquilken and Lawrie set up and got a few goals too, the last time we went 3-5-2 every week

I always enjoy this part of the new manager cycle when all the diddies get punted until you realise you're witnessing the villain origin story for some new signing.

I genuinely can't believe Holt signed Hall for this season and brought up his injury as a main reason for our collapse last season.

Going to miss* that thing Hall would do where he'd look almost competent for 88 minutes or so then gift the opposition a comedy goal. 

* can't wait to never see again.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I always enjoy this part of the new manager cycle when all the diddies get punted until you realise you're witnessing the villain origin story for some new signing.

I genuinely can't believe Holt signed Hall for this season and brought up his injury as a main reason for our collapse last season.

Going to miss* that thing Hall would do where he'd look almost competent for 88 minutes or so then gift the opposition a comedy goal. 

* can't wait to never see again.

Every game I’d always think this Hall is actually half decent, then bam out of the blue he’s cost us a goal 😂

Every game I’d always think this Hall is actually half decent, then bam out of the blue he’s cost us a goal [emoji23]

You do have to wonder some times what it is that we are all missing here when a side near the top of the Irish Premiership, having conceded just 16 goals in 25 games, come in for one of the biggest haddies in our tier 3 club…….[emoji848]

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Interesting summary but I have to say I’m yet to see these signs of improvement on the pitch.

There was very little increased energy and pace in evidence against East Fife or Montrose.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

25 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You do have to wonder some times what it is that we are all missing here when a side near the top of the Irish Premiership, having conceded just 16 goals in 25 games, come in for one of the biggest haddies in our tier 3 club…….emoji848.png

Very much a candidate for worse CB for many a season. Don’t know how many times he would make a decent stop or tackle and then miss a cross ball, or somehow miss that a opposing player was in yards of space.

Just wondering if we’ll get a Jeffries/McCall 13th hour surprise🤫

Edited by Springfield

35 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Wouldn't want to lose Morrison, Telfer or Nesbitt but you can't have a midfield full of the same type of player like that. Played in a balanced midfield each of them could really shine. If we do lose any of them then no doubt we'll all be on here in a few months complaining about how well they're doing in a higher league...

Hall away is a good move for us and probably for him as well. 

Telfer and Nesbitt have dropped down to this level for a reason, if your previous club was Morton then it's not a great plus on your CV and it get worse with Falkirk.

Morrison has decent attributes but his negative ones is why he is with us, there is a chance he'll improve but as it stands he is in the same boat as the above. 

I'd keep Telfer as I feel he can work in the current formation, don't think Nesbitt can and we have looked better without him recently. Morrison role now is probably striker now which I'm not too keen on for him.

As for Ben Hall going, I'd rather it was McKay but remember his debut scoring twice and still looking ropey.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Telfer and Nesbitt have dropped down to this level for a reason, if your previous club was Morton then it's not a great plus on your CV and it get worse with Falkirk.

Morrison has decent attributes but his negative ones is why he is with us, there is a chance he'll improve but as it stands he is in the same boat as the above. 

I'd keep Telfer as I feel he can work in the current formation, don't think Nesbitt can and we have looked better without him recently. Morrison role now is probably striker now which I'm not too keen on for him.

As for Ben Hall going, I'd rather it was McKay but remember his debut scoring twice and still looking ropey.

Unfortunately mackays 3 year deal means the chance of offloading him are slim to zero.

Charlie Telfer to Dunfermline in a swap with Toderov is something I have just been told is a possibility and Liam Craig is at TFS but he could just be having lunch with his wife of course.
Would be pleased with both. Didnt dislike Todorov first time around and he is capable of bullying defenders.

IIRC he can also play CH. Ideal if we lose a defender mid game and our striker goes back, leaving Brad Mackay welded into his tracksuit.

Liam Craig speaks for himself.