The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Telfer McGuffie Nesbitt……..all have some skill, and some major flaws. Trouble is, they have the same skill set (near enough), and the same flaws. The three of them on the park at the same time is condemning the front line to no service, and the defence to no protection at all.

Overheard on the commentary from a Montrose fan - "They're just sand-dancers"

1 hour ago, Just a bairn said:

Dowds was nothing like "stinking" yesterday - absolutely wild opinion. Guy does bags of work off the ball, harrasses defenders constantly, excellent in the air. His biggest flaw is his incredibly ability to pick up idiotic yellow cards by arguing with referees.

No idea if dowds was stinking or not because he was completely anonymous. Offered absolutely zero. Same as telfer and nesbitt. All three were a hindrence yet again in important positions we need to be strong in. If the three of them start against QP and we lose then the season is over. 

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

If anybody has played any type of team sport at a decent level then they would know good teams are that because they drill and practise constantly so it becomes second nature, that’s what pre-seasons are for.

You cannot just throw this amount of new players in and beat a decent set up team.

Our only hope is clinging in there, with this qtr effectively being our preseason to gel, and hopefully become a team that can scrap through a playoff, but it’s a big ask imo.

There needs to be a reality check of what’s going on just now.

Absolutely this.

The characters on here already bitching about the management team and the failure of a team of strangers  to win a difficult away game yesterday are clueless gobshites who have in all probability never set foot in a  football dressing room.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

Looked to me like he was carrying a sizeable arse through treacle the way he was moving around. Agree his service was poor but I just don’t rate him at all. Stick me up front this Saturday and not only will I do a power of running for 90 minutes, I’ll also do it for free.

Looked like carrying a sizeable arse, maybe you were looking in the mirror? . Get down to the ground and show Rennie and co your power of running or GTF!😂😂😂

25 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Looked like carrying a sizeable arse, maybe you were looking in the mirror? . Get down to the ground and show Rennie and co your power of running or GTF!😂😂😂

f**k off ya clown and take your pal with you. Perhaps huffing and puffing for 90 minutes constitutes a professional footballer around Methil but it sure as shit doesn’t gain you pass marks at this Club.

Edited by MSG GTF!

Mentions of players being promised the possibility of joining us on this amazing journey back to Premier League football is utter nonsense. 

We are struggling to get out of the third tier so we need to ditch this 'we're too big to be at this level' crap! 

Leagues are the fairest competitions - you finish where you deserve to be. 

Lets just concentrate on signing players to get us to the championship then we sit down and re-evaluate. 

7 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Another clear out at the end of the season and the same problems. There are players out there that can deliver the goods and get you up the leagues Cove Rangers proved it.

So get talking now to 6 - 7 players* out of contract at the end of the season and sell them a 2-3 year contract as the spine of a team with the prize of premier league football. Rest made up of players given a chance to come good. 

*Goalkeeper + 2 center backs + 2 midfielders + 2 forwards with stability comes success.

2 hours ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

Mentions of players being promised the possibility of joining us on this amazing journey back to Premier League football is utter nonsense. 

We are struggling to get out of the third tier so we need to ditch this 'we're too big to be at this level' crap! 

Leagues are the fairest competitions - you finish where you deserve to be. 

Lets just concentrate on signing players to get us to the championship then we sit down and re-evaluate. 

@HopeStreetWalkerTo paraphrase John McEnroe, away an' no' talk shite. This is straight out of the Gary Holt playbook, dishing out long term deals to crap footballers such as Brad McKay, Seb Ross, Jaime Wilson etc. Nope, going forward, and whether the management team is Rennie and Miller or A N Other, the longest deal any player should get is 18 months and every deal we give out henceforth should be loaded with caveats such as goals scored, clean sheets kept, promotion achieved, early termination of contracts permitted and so forth. Paul Watson is a much better defender than McKay and he was happy to accept an 18 month deal so it is doable. As @Top of Meeks Roadsays, It has to be horses for courses and the players that we sign to get us out of League 1, whenever that might be as doesn't look likely this season, won't be the same players who will get us into the Premiership, whenever that might be.

7 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

Dowds was nothing like "stinking" yesterday - absolutely wild opinion. Guy does bags of work off the ball, harrasses defenders constantly, excellent in the air. His biggest flaw is his incredibly ability to pick up idiotic yellow cards by arguing with referees.

He got his yellow card for blocking the goalkeepers kick out. You didn’t see the game now did you? 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

He got his yellow card for blocking the goalkeepers kick out. You didn’t see the game now did you? 

You’re correct - I was thinking about about the Dumbarton game. The card on Saturday was even more absurd. 

Thinking back he might have blootered the ball away against Dumbarton? Either way - Dowds is good but petulant AF.

Edited by Just a bairn

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

@HopeStreetWalkerTo paraphrase John McEnroe, away an' no' talk shite. This is straight out of the Gary Holt playbook, dishing out long term deals to crap footballers such as Brad McKay, Seb Ross, Jaime Wilson etc. Nope, going forward, and whether the management team is Rennie and Miller or A N Other, the longest deal any player should get is 18 months and every deal we give out henceforth should be loaded with caveats such as goals scored, clean sheets kept, promotion achieved, early termination of contracts permitted and so forth. Paul Watson is a much better defender than McKay and he was happy to accept an 18 month deal so it is doable. As @Top of Meeks Roadsays, It has to be horses for courses and the players that we sign to get us out of League 1, whenever that might be as doesn't look likely this season, won't be the same players who will get us into the Premiership, whenever that might be.

The reality is we’ve got 14 games to make fourth spot. For me this squad won’t make it, unless Rennie has an ace or two that can be brought in NOW not half way, or at the end of February.

10 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Rennie's a former Falkirk ball boy who went on to play & coach at Junior level. He's literally more of a traditional football man than plucky Dick Campbell.

If you can string a sentence together which is longer than 5 words and don't laugh at 145 decibels at your own jokes then you're a wee wimp who can't inspire proper men IMO

11 hours ago, Russ said:

Imagine looking at him and thinking aye he’s well worth spending money on him and giving him a 2 year deal. Quite incredible really. He’s the epitome of a nothing midfielder. No attributes going for him at all and in a few years he’ll be cutting about at Fortmartine, Huntly or some other team up there. No doubt stinking the place out there as well.

It's the fact that Sheerin  basically coached him and Ruth for a good while previously  and yet still thinks they're players that makes it even more ludicrous. 

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Absolutely this.

The characters on here already bitching about the management team and the failure of a team of strangers  to win a difficult away game yesterday are clueless gobshites who have in all probability never set foot in a  football dressing room.

I think where as that can be seen as an excuse for the sloppy defending it's the complete lack of creative threat that was the main worry considering only one of the front 7 was flung in at the deep end on Saturday and he did fine and was certainly a great improvement on Gary bloomin miller.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Telfer is a frustrating player as he has bags of ability but he doesn’t show it often enough.

That said he’s not someone I’d be looking to punt. For me he has been played too deep at times this season which limits his impact.

I’d like to see him in the No 10 role behind the strikers.

I was always of this mindset that playing him further forward was the key to get the best out of him. Sadly he had the heart of a field mouse and os offering little wherever he plays now 

54 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was always of this mindset that playing him further forward was the key to get the best out of him. Sadly he had the heart of a field mouse and os offering little wherever he plays now 

Has the ability to be playing Premiership but the attitude of one of these ball juggling buskers.

All style no substance.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Are they reallyyyyyy that bad? McGuffie, Telfer, Nesbitt and Williamson all players I’d happily take at Gayfield. Not going to get much better for L1. I don’t know or have not seen enough of Miller but from outside looking in and after seeing Dowds at us and the potential that’s in him it seems to be that all Falkirk players and managers are under a whole lot of pressure and with all the changes etc they can never really get any rhythm or consistency going. 

The guy Rennie says all the right stuff but I can’t see him having much success. Bores the tits right off me so not sure how players will take to him. Laptop coach 

How the f**k would you know he’s ‘a laptop coach’?