The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You were being derogatory about the guy and about woman’s sport.

Don't talk pish. Nothing wrong with women's football in fact in America it's far more popular and successful than the men's.  If he doesn't get his finger out though he'd be aswell fecking back off their still though.

That second half was dreadful. Nesbitt was off all game, lost the ball and with one pass we were 2-1 down. Both of their goals came from a quick counter attack which is alarming. I felt we were awful from the minute Gary Miller moved to CB. Him and McGuffie were the weak links hence why they were targeted. I felt Watson was our best player. Some tidy defending and I think he actually only lost one tackle, so not bad for his second game since September. Please can we stop with this formation? It’s clear as day it’s not been working. Dowds looks like the player we sent packing. Midfield was the difference today.

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Shadwell, I honestly think you should step away from the Internet for a few weeks. The bile and hate you're spewing on here isn't the kind of thing that comes from a healthy mind. Take a break.

Bile and hate what are you on about. I'm being critical of our performance today and the fact we are currently no better than before Rennie appeared. Others disagree with me which they are entitled to do. If we all had the same view we wouldn't need message boards .  It's football chat. Healthy mind what a load of complete drivel.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

That was an awful second half today but nowhere near as poor as the hysterical pish being posted by some on here.

That game came a week too soon for the thrown together at the last minute team we had today.

Jacobs will certainly do a job for us in the middle but we cannot continue to play both Telfer  and Nesbit, we need another ball winner in there.

Watson did better than we had any right to expect given his last competitive game was four months ago and the young lad Mills looks a decent prospect though he should have done better at the first goal.

Up front Dowds should play as a target man and have Kabia and possibly Morrison playing off him, he really shouldn’t be coming back into the midfield to look for the ball.

To summarise, getting the midfield competitive has to be the absolute priority or the improvements elsewhere will be in vain.

Got be up for it next week.

Looks like the loan market is the only place left to find a couple of straight forward midfield players. No keepie uppie experts needed. Just players who want to win football matches, and who are preferably 6’ tall.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That was an awful second half today but nowhere near as poor as the hysterical pish being posted by some on here.

That game came a week too soon for the thrown together at the last minute team we had today.

Jacobs will certainly do a job for us in the middle but we cannot continue to play both Telfer  and Nesbit, we need another ball winner in there.

Watson did better than we had any right to expect given his last competitive game was four months ago and the young lad Mills looks a decent prospect though he should have done better at the first goal.

Up front Dowds should play as a target man and have Kabia and possibly Morrison playing off him, he really shouldn’t be coming back into the midfield to look for the ball.

To summarise, getting the midfield competitive has to be the absolute priority or the improvements elsewhere will be in vain.

Got be up for it next week.

Another player with a bit of bottle in the middle of the park would make a big difference. Telfer and nesbitt have got zero bottle between them and are the last two you need in the side when you face a real battle. Disappear quick as snow aff a dike as soon as the sleeves need rolled up.

I hope thats the last of mcguffie at left wing back. Its not worth having a player in that position who cant defend just because they might put in a decent cross once every 3 games. Putting miller back to centre half was odd decision as well. We were awful today apart from a 10-15 minute spell in the first half.  Playing with wingbacks but we dont use them, instead humping the ball up in dowd's general direction, it was eye bleeding stuff. Montrose were better in every department. What's wrong with playing 442 at league 1 level? 

17 minutes ago, Ross B said:

I hope thats the last of mcguffie at left wing back. Its not worth having a player in that position who cant defend just because they might put in a decent cross once every 3 games. Putting miller back to centre half was odd decision as well. We were awful today apart from a 10-15 minute spell in the first half.  Playing with wingbacks but we dont use them, instead humping the ball up in dowd's general direction, it was eye bleeding stuff. Montrose were better in every department. What's wrong with playing 442 at league 1 level? 

Moving miller back must've been a right riddy for hall. 

Simple fact is that we haven't done nearly enough this window. I get the 'keep money back til this summer and try and gouge survival with this shit ' approach but it's a really hard watch.

We're just really shite. I think Rennie has done just OK so far. He's a huge step up from Cones but then so would I have been.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Next week against Queens Park is last chance saloon imo. I’d rather wait until after that game before waving the white flag for this season….

No way it's last chance saloon next week, a defeat puts us under massive pressure but Queens form since beating us reads no wins in that period I think is 11 or 12 games. Current form probably has us fighting with Clyde for 4th but it's all about what we all do from now on. 

Rennie hits it on the nail in the interview that we need a settled starting 11 but he was too late with subs today and Montrose had that settled 11 and streetwise as a team and rode out the 2nd half easily. The 2nd half was a horrible half for both teams with the ref losing it, I'm still trying to work out how Dowds was booked.

I'd have took a point today afore the game but hopefully the defeat is a marker for us onwards letting the new players settle in, Kabia a good example of time to settle.

We can't play Telfer and Nesbitt for me, one can't pass or tackle, so I know who I'd be dropping.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Simple fact is that we haven't done nearly enough this window. I get the 'keep money back til this summer and try and gouge survival with this shit ' approach but it's a really hard watch.

We're just really shite. I think Rennie has done just OK so far. He's a huge step up from Cones but then so would I have been.

We've signed 5 new players you pleb. 3 in the last week so of course we're going to be a bit disjointed. I completely get Jacobs not starting today for squad harmony but if he doesn't start next week Rennie's in trouble, . Nesbitt's never up for any game we have a battle on our hands and the fact he keeps getting the captain's armband is embarrassing. Should have scored 5 minutes in with his pathetic header and also spurned an easy pass into Dowds in the first half by putting too much on it. He's obviously got talent but as soon as it gets difficult he disappears. 

Extremely disappointed Rennie didn't even attempt to change the 3-5-2 today, even when Morrison came on Dowds seemed to drop into the 10 position which is just daft. I hope that kind of naivety isn't going to continue in his reign as Montrose had us completely sussed today and he did f**k all to try change that. Could tell they'd worked all week on countering our 3-5-2.