The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just don't see this being the time for young inexperienced defenders. One thing if we were a team on form flying , full of confidence and flying in the league but we are far from that.

He was decent today IMO. 

I just don't see this being the time for young inexperienced defenders. One thing if we were a team on form flying , full of confidence and flying in the league but we are far from that.

I think you are forgetting that options out there in this window are severely limited and few of us want to see us starting with the usual three liabilities. I’d rather give him a chance.
I did point out when he signed he’d likely be inconsistent and would probably need tutoring. But I didn’t think he was as bad as a few are suggesting tbh.
Next week against Queens Park is last chance saloon imo. I’d rather wait until after that game before waving the white flag for this season….

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jacobs managed to play 60 mins today nae bother and yet Rennie still started the awful miller  in front of him. Playing both telfer and nesbitt isn't required if you change the formation to one that suits the bloody players you have.  

You can’t just throw Jacobs in when he’s been signed on the day. I’ve said this to you before but let’s be real about this. If he dropped Miller for Jacobs when it’s likely the guy hasn’t even trained with the team what do you think that would do for the team and players morale? 

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You can’t just throw Jacobs in when he’s been signed on the day. I’ve said this to you before but let’s be real about this. If he dropped Miller for Jacobs when it’s likely the guy hasn’t even trained with the team what do you think that would do for the team and players morale? 

To be fair, I don’t think any of them could have had any complaints.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Again he managed 60 mins nae bother and was far better than miller has ever shown.  Team morale? Are you having a giraffe. If the team are going to suddenly get down because the manager signed a new player and decided to play him then we might as well give up now. Rennie should be looking to get miller put as soon as possible not keep him in the bloody side. He shouldn't be anywhere near the side as he's been completely done for at least two seasons now.

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think you are forgetting that options out there in this window are severely limited and few of us want to see us starting with the usual three liabilities. I’d rather give him a chance.
I did point out when he signed he’d likely be inconsistent and would probably need tutoring. But I didn’t think he was as bad as a few are suggesting tbh.
Next week against Queens Park is last chance saloon imo. I’d rather wait until after that game before waving the white flag for this season….

Not sure why we didn't just go to a 442 today with Watson and ATS as centrebacks . Saves having to play 3 in the middle of the park too  so no need for both nesbitt and telfer.  3 5 2 wasn't working but it took Rennie about 85 mins to work that out.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again he managed 60 mins nae bother and was far better than miller has ever shown.  Team morale? Are you having a giraffe. If the team are going to suddenly get down because the manager signed a new player and decided to play him then we might as well give up now. Rennie should be looking to get miller put as soon as possible not keep him in the bloody side. He shouldn't be anywhere near the side as he's been completely done for at least two seasons now.

So if he told Miller he was starting today then changed it when he brought in Jacobs last minute then making the change would be fine? Of course it wouldn’t. I want Miller out the team as much as the next guy and I’m sure Jacobs will be in from the start next week but I can understand why he didn’t start today

Sort of held my tongue on Nesbitt for a while, I suspect like many others, probably because he appeared outwardly to be at least trying, but he is brutally ineffective as a footballer. Flattered to deceive for a long time and I expect Rennie to see this and demand better from him. Shit or get off the pot time for Nesbitt.

Just now, Rocco said:

So if he told Miller he was starting today then changed it when he brought in Jacobs last minute then making the change would be fine? Of course it wouldn’t. I want Miller out the team as much as the next guy and I’m sure Jacobs will be in from the start next week but I can understand why he didn’t start today

I wouldn't play miller whether we had Jacobs or not. He's a liability who loses you goals.  Your as well not bothering with a defensive mid as having him in there stinking the place out 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sort of held my tongue on Nesbitt for a while, I suspect like many others, probably because he appeared outwardly to be at least trying, but he is brutally ineffective as a footballer. Flattered to deceive for a long time and I expect Rennie to see this and demand better from him. Shit or get off the pot time for Nesbitt.

Looked like a really cracking signing  for about the first ten games of the season.  Not sure what's gone wrong. Maybe the rest of the wasters in our side have simply dragged him back to their level or he's simply so pissed off he's lost interest. Certainly a shadow of the player we had at the start of the season.

I think it’s clear that our issues lie with Miller, Telfer, McGuffie and Nesbitt. One is an utter statue, the other three are largely not up to it without some major change around them (or whatever remains of “them”).

Jacobs in with Miller bidding the starting eleven a fond farewell is an absolute must. For me, until two of McGuffie Telfer and Nesbitt need to be jettisoned.

I can cut Rennie a good bit more slack, because each and every section of the team has been rotten to the core. The attack and defence have what they have, and what is there should get better. The midfield though……an utter joke.

Rennie now has a win ratio of 40%. Not what we hoped for. It’s been a perfect pattern too………lose win lose win lose. Not great, but even more worryingly, objectively it says “no improvement”. We have not taken a single point from any side above us in the league, and sadly despite the changes, that says we remain the fifth best side in L1.

So much work to be done.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

One of the worst passers of a football I’ve laid eyes on. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think it’s clear that our issues lie with Miller, Telfer, McGuffie and Nesbitt. One is an utter statue, the other three are largely not up to it without some major change around them (or whatever remains of “them”).

Jacobs in with Miller bidding the starting eleven a fond farewell is an absolute must. For me, until two of McGuffie Telfer and Nesbitt need to be jettisoned.

I can cut Rennie a good bit more slack, because each and every section of the team has been rotten to the core. The attack and defence have what they have, and what is there should get better. The midfield though……an utter joke.

Rennie now has a win ratio of 40%. Not what we hoped for. It’s been a perfect pattern too………lose win lose win lose. Not great, but even more worryingly, objectively it says “no improvement”. We have not taken a single point from any side above us in the league, and sadly despite the changes, that says we remain the fifth best side in L1.

So much work to be done.

Still feel we should be.playing a formation that means we don't have to play the real wasters in the side.  4 4 2 for starters reduces the need to play 3 in centre mid and only needs two centrebacks till Dixon returns. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Still feel we should be.playing a formation that means we don't have to play the real wasters in the side.  4 4 2 for starters reduces the need to play 3 in centre mid and only needs two centrebacks till Dixon returns. 

But it doesn’t solve it. Who is going to play left midfield? Also we’ll have Morrison out wide who has a terrible delivery. 

You could argue playing a 442 makes us weaker

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

His goal contributions are shocking for someone who plays as a number 10. I could forgive the lack of goals but the number of assists should be so much better

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

But it doesn’t solve it. Who is going to play left midfield? Also we’ll have Morrison out wide who has a terrible delivery. 

You could argue playing a 442 makes us weaker

Get the base of the side right. Then build on it. No point worrying about left midfield when we're leaking goals for fun at the back. I'd also rather have mcguffie playing shite at left mid where you have cover behind him  than left wing back where he is also a complete liability defensively.